95°F during winter.

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

If you get the chance catch "The Great Global Warning Swindle" documentary, made and broadcast by Channel 4, in the UK, about a couple of years ago.

The reputations of the contributors alone are pretty cast iron.

Paul, no-one disputes that the worlds climate is changing, as it has always done throughout it's history, indeed for it to remain constant would be the exception.

Any change, hotter or colder, from the way we have fashioned our world will be a disaster, and that is unfortunately inevitable, though Global cooling would have far more serious effects on mankind.

The MMGW theory is more about politics, agenda and money than it is about science. A fact that a lot of people are beginning to wake up to.

Answer me just one simple question:

If, as we are being told, that mankinds production of CO2 is driving GW, the quantity of which is still going up in a fairly linear fashion and has done for at least a couple of decades, how come mean Global temperatures are widly accepted (grudgingly by some) to have fallen since 1998-2000? :?

John.
DCK
Expert
Expert

Post by DCK »

B20Paul wrote:
BCjohnny wrote:If, as we are being told, that mankinds production of CO2 is driving GW, the quantity of which is still going up in a fairly linear fashion and has done for at least a couple of decades, how come mean Global temperatures are widly accepted (grudgingly by some) to have fallen since 1998-2000? :?
This seems to be misinformation that came from British researchers. In fact 2005 is the hottest year on record & this decade will be hotter than the last.
More opinions and theories. Why should we trust one over another?
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

"This seems to be misinformation that came from British researchers. In fact 2005 is the hottest year on record & this decade will be hotter than the last."

Not from the data I have seen. This decade is cooler than the last and the latest is it will be cool for the next 50 years. So who do you believe? We know some have been proven to be liars. Guess who? By the way far more than the British researchers were/are involved.
Engguy
Guru
Guru
Post by Engguy »

Easy to answer BP20, it is not caused by automobiles burning MINERAL oil.
It is not caused by something you and I are doing. But if you belong to the group that is forcing the enviro religion down everyones throats, and have the purse strings in your hands, and are financing the lie, then you would have banks of super computers and fantasic secret science and weapons at your disposal to help cause a problem in the environment, so your lackys can get on the tube and say see see look look we have climate change. It all goes hand in hand with the recent set of lies that have been disclosed. ie the scientists emails etc.
Just like everything else forced on us follow the money.
One site of hundreds about weather manipulation.
http://www.haarp.net/

edit 12-28-09
You should have watched jesse ventura conspiracy theory about global warming, it showed ya where it all began and what it is all about. $$$$ and loss of your and mine freedoms and rights, ie control.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:shock: Good grief! Lighten up, folks! I can't believe so-called 'human-induced global warming' (AKA 'climate change') is still a serious topic of discussion here! This is the greatest hoax perpetrated on mankind in our lifetime. Heck...... The temperature of the overall planet has been cooling for a decade now...... And recently, many of the hoaxers were exposed publicly.

For the record...... No one is manipulating the climate...... Neither for good nor for bad. Men have tried to do so since the beginning of time...... And men have failed (I'm not speaking of seeding clouds to produce a small amount of localized rain when other factors are ideal, I mean actually changing the climate).

Unless some damn fool with their finger on the button starts a global thermonuclear conflagration, G-d forbid...... It ain't happening, folks! For man(kind) simply does not have the power to do so.

:wink: This perverse notion seems rooted in secular humanism. For secular humanists do not believe in a true 'higher power'...... That would be G-d (large 'G') for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet. In their inflated sense of self importance, secular humanists seem to fancy themselves as 'gods' (small 'g').

Meanwhile, sunspot activity and other naturally occurring events set in motion eons ago by the true 'higher power' continue to cause both long and short term climatic cooling and heating trends here on planet Earth, just as they have since the beginning of time...... And those with an inflated sense of self importance alternately blame it on others or suggest that they and others can change it back to whatever it is that they conceive of as 'normal'.

With large megaphone in hand...... "Hello...... Earth to secular humanists! Get over yourselves! In the grand scheme of things, you are but grains of sand on one of the many fine beaches G-d has graced our beautiful planet with. You do not control the world...... He does! You are not omnipotent...... He is! So get down off your high horses and thank Him for blessing you with life and such a wonderful place to live...... And quit your constant bickering and complaining about things you have no control over!"

:D Stepping down off soapbox now......

Best regards and may G-d bless you all with health, happiness and prosperity through the coming New Year,

Harry
crazyman
Expert
Expert

Post by crazyman »

Look at the dust bowl of America. What was to blame there? CO2? No. People not managing what they had.

A cycle is a cycle. A wheel does go around, does it not? Don't be a scaredy cat, and do YOUR part, as far as being as green as you can. Drive an efficient vehicle, a Geo Metro, or in your country, B20, a Swift or Justy, and recycle what you can. All you can do is all you can do.

B20, what is your daily driver? A Holden V8? I drive a saturn sl1 sohc, and have a geo metro in the garage with a swift (cultus) GTI twincam swap in progress for my fun vehicle.