Manley Valves

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

slickster
Manley Valves

Post by slickster »

I have always used Manley valves in the past. Does anyone know if they are still made here in the states or overseas. The severe duty (NK844 and the XH428) material is what I have been using. Just got a set of Brodex BB3 extra cylinder heads and they have valves that come from India. This makes me nervous so I was maybe planning to just go ahead and put the Manley's in. Any opinions? Thanks.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I do know that PAC does make some of the Manley valve springs. I don't know which ones except that PAC does not make the Manley beehive valve spings.
needforspeed66gt
Guru
Guru

Post by needforspeed66gt »

I have had some of those indian valves come through and they seem ok until you grind them in your centerless grinder, seems like the stem is an exaggerated triangle and it puts 3 spots around the face where it misses the lap line - in a collet grinder it may work fine, but not in a centerless like the sunnen VR7000

You get what you pay for.
Nate @steeldustmachine
Engine Machinist
Ed-vancedEngines

Post by Ed-vancedEngines »

I do know that PAC does make some of the Manley valve springs. I don't know which ones except that PAC does not make the Manley beehive valve spings.
I believe this to be not correct. I have used Manley and PSI springs in times past and am currently a very happy PAC user and WD. I am pretty sure but not definate that the Manley Nex-Tek springs are an Associated Spring Product. I used to think the top lines were pSI but after side by side comparing of similar rated springs I learned better.

About Valves, In Titanium I am buying Stealth now. Most of the guys are using either the Victory or Stealth now. Some are using Del West and the name of Manley seems to be slipping in quality. (My Sole OPINION). Ferrara seems to be the better in the stainless or the CV house brand. Rev is also ok.

Ed
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

Ed, the information I got was in a reply to a post I made about the Manley Beehive springs and who made them.

A gentleman from PAC responded and said yes they do supply some of the Manley valve springs but not their beehive springs.

Maybe Associated Springs makes the beehives for Manley?
Yeahdoug

Post by Yeahdoug »

Our Manley parts are the non-nextek, non-beehive parts.

Isn't this thread about valves? :)
www.breakintoracing.com - motorsports career guide.