Sponsorship Coach

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Beverly
Sponsorship Coach

Post by Beverly »

The first product of amateur drag racer Phil Veldheer. I would like to brag on this but it is my project so I'll just say I am very proud of it. I love doing the interviews and hope you find it not only helpful but interesting. http://racingsecrets.com/sponsorship_coach.shtml
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

If anyone has a question or comment about........

Post by Phil Veldheer Racing »

SPONSORSHIP COACH..please put it here. I will answer as soon as possible.
8)
Phil
www.fastpistons.com
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
69 Camaro F/CM -IHRA WORLD RECORD HOLDER
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Stan

Sponsorship Coach questions

Post by Stan »

Phil -

1st off loved the sponsorship coach product and I am trying to put it to use.

Couple of questions. I am NOT a salesman but am trying to face my fears and be more assertive on this sponsorship deal.

I have been bracket racing for over 10 years and have been fairly successful & have a couple of people who help me out but here are my problems.

1. I live about 3 hours away from my CLOSEST dragstrip & have a hard time trying to show my car on weekends because we are @ a race track 3 + hours away. Also along these lines I am trying to find ways to promote my potential sponsors when we race so far away.

2. This area is a VERY dirt track dominated area & we have a dirt track in the town so many of the avail $$ go to this - How to I overcome this ???

Any help Phil will be greatly appreciated.

I am willing to put in the effort because with 2 small children now it's going to be this or quit the racing as I can't keep up doing it all on my own.

Thanks for your help!!!

Stan "Butch" Monson
M&M Racing
mmracing@nvc.net
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Thanks for purchasing the "SPONSORSHIP COACH"

You don't have to show your cars during the weekend if you are busy racing, you can easily show cars during the week. We do a lot of Monday-Friday displays. Let's say it is a retail outlet. Park the race car in front of the store and surround it with 4 orange highway cones. Make sure it is locked up (if possible) and have the store owner keep an eye on it. Leave it there during the day and pick it up after work.
It really doesn't matter how far away the dragstrip is as it is the closest one. I think most drag race cars are always cleaner and nicer looking than most stock cars. Not a complaint against oval track except we aren't banging and crashing every weekend.
I think if you walk in and show true enthusiasm for drag racing, you can beat any oval track guy. As I stated more people will see your race car on display at an "advertiser" than at a typical bracket race anyway.
Most of my "advertisers" have NEVER seen me race. HOWEVER they have received a ton of photos showing all five race cars at the track, in action with wheelstands and the winners circle. THAT IS ALL YOU NEED.
Phil
www.fastpistons.com
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Stan

finding "advertisers"

Post by Stan »

Thanks for the quick response Phil -

So when you meet an potential "Advertiser" what are you selling??

I race far enough away that most any local business clients will never see the "advertising" on my car - may see on my enclosed trailer in passing.

Is that the selling point along with the displaying of the car @ the business?

I remember you saying that you actually sell space on your car & trailer as seperate spots??

If I were to get an advertiser for say $500/year what is a fair deal - to show the car @ the advertisers place 1 time during the season ??

Please bear with me as I am trying to gain the confidence I need in order to "Sell" this deal. :oops: :oops:
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

no questions are bad, un-asked (is that a word?) questions..

are bad....
what am I selling, "advertsing space" just like an advertisement in the phone book, the newspaper, on a menu in a restaurant.

You have to display it locally to get EXPOSURE...my cars are someplace all the time. PEOPLE have seen my cars all over the place. Once you get it placed at a few "advertisers" other potential "advertisers" will also see your race car and trailer.

yes that is a MAJOR selling point. EXPOSURE!

Yes I sell seperate spots on the car and trailer.

$500-1000.00 would be a good starting point, once you get rolling and some confidence you will fill the car and trailer full of spots.

Practice you proposal with someone and video tape it if you, then watch yourself. Would you buy from this guy? Until you can answer yes, keep practicing.

Easy, it just takes time. SELL THE EXCITEMENT OF DRAG RACING!!!!!

Phil
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Stan

Initiating an appointment

Post by Stan »

Phil -

Again thanks for your time.

When you "call" a potiential advertiser how to you initiate this.

Do you "Cold Call" or make a prior arrangements so they know what you are coming in for.

If so how do you approach them with this ???
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Stan.....

...I think I went over this on the CD's. If it is a smaller potential "advertiser" I would just drop in, that prevents them from saying NO to you over the phone. It is easier for the potential "advertiser" to say no over the phone and hang up.
However, if you are going after a Bigger "advertiser" - like a company with 100 employees or more, you will have to call ahead and ask "who is in charge of promotions-advertising-public relations for your company?"
I would suggest starting with smaller $500-1000.00 "advertisers" for your drag race team until you feel confident enough to go after bigger ones.
Make sense?
Just listen to the CD's again. I have people tell me that they have listened 3 and 4 times. PRACTICE! Then do it in front of a mirror or on a video camera, fellow workers, wife. Then get ready to hear as many NO'S as you wil YES'S, but keep going, remember, "effort equals results" .

Phil
www.fastpistons.com
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Beverly
More Q&A with the coach

Post by Beverly »

Mr. Veldheer
I recently purchased your CD on the Sponsorship Coach. I really like what you have done and I am in the process of putting a proposal book together. I would like to ask you a question. I have a couple of businesses I would like to approach about some advertisement on my NHRA stocker. I am not familiar with written proposals for this kind of advertisement. The main question that I have is: Do I do a very short and sweet letter briefly outlining what I can offer, what ideas I have for further advertisement and what I want for this effort? The reason that I ask these questions is because I am just starting and I don't have any pictures or articles in any newspapers or on any fliers. If you could help me with some suggestions with this I would appreciate this.

Thank You for your time

Phil's Response:
First: Thanks for buying the SPONSORSHIP COACH, it shows me that you mean to make this work. Are you going to mail this "short and sweet letter"-PROPOSAL to some or ARE YOU GOING TO TRY TO TALK TO THEM IN PERSON? If you are a ROOKIE you are going to have to do a lot of things in person. If you mail, for example, MR.. GASKET a proposal, they will THROW IT AWAY..They have never heard of you and you have no track record. If you are starting out work on LOCAL "advertisers" and keep track of what you do...get photos of you in action..go at it from that angle. GOT IT?

If you are building your proposal book, GET SOME PHOTOS..HAVE THE LOCAL newspaper sports writer write something about you...get some INK....IT IS USUALLY FREE!!!!!!

Next question
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Another success story

I just talked to someone who purchased the SPONSORSHIP COACH to help fund his young sons (2) motorcross racing. HE DID JUST ONE THING THAT I RECOMMEND IN THE SPONSORSHIP COACH and the next day he got a phone call from a new "advertiser" how wants to be involved for 2004. He knows the person and he will receive more that 10 times what he paid for the SPONSORSHIP COACH!!!!!!
Makes MY heart tingle!

www.racingsecrets.com/sponsorship_coach.shtml
Phil
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Re: Sponsorship Coach

Sponsorship Coach is still selling and I always get people stopping by my pit area whenever I am at a big race. I will answer any question that is not answer in the CD Package that speedtalk sells. It covers everything and has a money back guarantee.....and NO ONE has ever asked for their money back.

I have 6 FULLY FUNDED race cars and trailers. We make money EVERY YEAR racing....yes we MAKE money...all the secrets are told here

http://racingsecrets.com/sponsorship_coach.shtml

no B.S. just facts..from a professional sales person who has drag raced since 1967.

Phil
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire