Proposel Help?????

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Rookie

Proposel Help?????

Post by Rookie »

Is a sponsorship proposel and a Business/Race Team Plan the same thing?
I have to send a "package" to a sports management agency that I want to work with. If I get signed with them they will help represent me in my search for potential sponsors. What "package" are they referring too? I have already made the BP. Is that what they want? Also, how does a proposel and BP differ?
Awesome website!!!

Thanks,
Rookie
Milt Gedo

Proposal help?????

Post by Milt Gedo »

Rookie,

A proposal and a race team business plan are totally different... the main difference being that a proposal is created to show a SPONSOR how your race team will benefit them, while a business plan is an outline of how your race team will manage or run the race team or business.

The sports management company is probably asking for information about your race team... biographies, target markets, race series info., target demographics, actions your team can offer, experience, etc., etc. They will then use this information to create a proposal to submit to potential sponsors. Your business plan would be a good thing to submit to a sports management company, but I would not recommend submitting it to a prospective sponsor... at least not in "business plan" form.

Hope this helps...

Milt Gedo
CRE Sports Marketing
Author, "How-To Write a Winning Proposal"
http://racingsecrets.com/sponsorship_proposals.shtml[/url]
rookie

Post by rookie »

Thanks Milt. I appreciate your help.