Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

woody b
Guru
Guru
Non automotive pictures

Post by woody b »

What do you do that's not automobile related? (let's see the fish pics, deer pics ect) I build handmade acoustic guitars.

Broken images

Barry Burch, I want to see pics of your Teles.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Re: Non automotive pictures

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Nice looking guitars. ^^^^

I don't make them, just play them.We have a quite a few instruments around the house. Nothing high end or collectable , but an eclectic collection of all kinds of things.

Electric bass is my gig. I have never seen another one of these D'Agostino basses.
Solid neck though construction with an ebony (think) fret board.

Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

II am looking for a new guitar...
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

I have not been seeing many deer around the shop and house this year.
Now we know why :shock:
That is a Mamma and three cubs.
We normally see deer every morning and evening.
The bears are eating the corn left after they ripped a deer feeder apart.
This is about 100 yards in front of mom and dads house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

Better pics of the bears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

I don't play but my son got to sit in and play a few songs one night , He got all the music talent from some where but not me. Check him out. He doesn't think he is good. Dad thinks otherwise
Mitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4KkQs3yXcc
machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Post by machine shop tom »

Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney »

My pops bought a BB gun to chase squirrels out of his garden and complained the sites were so off it wouldn't hit the side of a barn. I took it and put 3 BB in a row into that circle at 20 yards:

I repair/restore/fabricate dental equipment for my day work, here is a panoramic xray machine in my office giving me hell:

I finally got it to take an image last night. If you look closely you can see the earrings, 6 pieces of metal in the lower jaw, a filling on the upper right tooth 2nd from the end, and all the wisdom teeth have been removed. Now if I can get it to take this image outside of the calibration mode I will collect a paycheck to cover the rest of the year. I do performance headwork as a 2nd gig, you can see a pair of SS valves that I was inspecting while the machine was running, call it multitasking.

Dental air compressors go for $7000+ new so I am getting into a bunch of repair work for them as nobody else locally gets too deep into them. Dual independent direct drive heads that can run at 100% duty cycle, on board auto drains and desiccant filters. I am asking $2800 for this used unit to give an idea of the value:

rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

One of the coolist pictures I have ever seen. Brave people during some really dark times. The Flying Tiger insignia came from Disney. I couldn't help but think the plane with the grinning shark is more intimidating.
173.jpg
So much to do, so little time...
nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney »

Oh don't give me a peter four oh
Its a hell of an airplane you know
she'll gasp and wheeze
and head straight for the trees
Oh don't give me a peter four oh
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

rfoll wrote:One of the coolist pictures I have ever seen. Brave people during some really dark times. The Flying Tiger insignia came from Disney. I couldn't help but think the plane with the grinning shark is more intimidating.
173.jpg
P40B's unless it's a C...
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

Flying Tigers: R.T. Smith Tomahawks

This is the iconic photograph of the American Volunteer Group Flying Tigers, taken by R.T. Smith of the 3rd Squadron Hell's Angels. His son, Brad Smith, describes the photo this way: "The photograph was taken by Dad, probably from #47, on May 28, 1942 near the Salween River Gorge. The shot includes #68 flown by Arvid Olson, #46 flown by Bob Prescott, #49 flown by Tom Hayward, #24 flown by Ken Jernstedt, and #74 flown by Link Laughlin. Dad remembered Bill Reed flying #74, but Ken Jernstedt, the only pilot associated with the shot still living, said Bill Reed was not in the area at the time."
"It was a beautiful spring day, with a layer of strato-cumulus just above the mountain tops at about ten thousand feet off to our right. We were headed northeast near the Salween River which marked the China-Burma border, and although the air was relatively smooth I soon learned that taking a picture of this type was no easy task. It required trying to fly my plane on a steady course by holding the control stick between my knees, twisting back to my right while holding the camera with both hands, and waiting impatiently for the guys to stop the inevitable 'yo-yo'ing and get into proper echelon formation. There was the added requirement, most important of all, of scanning the surrounding sky every few seconds to make sure no Jap fighters were about to ambush us. The resulting exposure, as I recall, was made about f8 at a 200th of a second."
So much to do, so little time...
machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Post by machine shop tom »

SWR wrote:
rfoll wrote:One of the coolist pictures I have ever seen. Brave people during some really dark times. The Flying Tiger insignia came from Disney. I couldn't help but think the plane with the grinning shark is more intimidating.
173.jpg
P40B's unless it's a C...
P-40B

Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

Here is my non automotive picture.
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

Nick would this be of any interest to you