BBC NEW maincap- #2-3-4

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

BBC NEW maincap- #2-3-4

Post by ALKYAL »

I am looking for a NEW chevy Bowtie BBC main cap [First Gen. late 80s thru late 90s]. From position #2-3-4. The cap I am looking for is a CAST cap. I had purchased 2 of these many yrs ago. They are NOT bored. They were left "AS CAST" in the bearing bore area. They need to line-bored. They were only cast iron-Not the ductile iron that the perf. caps were made from. Believe they were a little wider on the register [approx .005 as I remember] Thanks
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
jred
Expert
Expert

Re: BBC NEW maincap- #2-3-4

Post by jred »

i have some of those but i don't want to get rid of them..
i think the boxes that i have still have the gm part number on them and they were available as a (in field service repair cap) the ones that i used to get fit the regestures and were rough bored about .100 under so you didn't have to jack the caps around to make them fit,, i used them to convert 2 bolt blocks to 4 bolt and at 1 time was able to get the rear cap also.. i will check tomorrow and get a part number for you maybe if the numbers are still on the boxes..
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

Sounds like you have the ones I am looking for. P/N may help. Wish I would have purchased 3 instead of 2 @ the time.The ones I have look to need about that amount bored out of them. thanks Al
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

I believe I have a REAR cap of this type. Brg. bore and thrust surfaces [F-R] need to be finish machined. We could trade if that would be of any interest. Thanks Al
rfast racing

Post by rfast racing »

There was one on e bay w/ pn 14011072 that went unsold for $25.00 it ended yesterday you might contact islandgirl2468 on ebay and see if thats the one you need
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

I did contact HER. She never responded. Just looks like a used cap. A guy from Cinn. also has some used caps. I have plenty of those. Just wanted a new cap to match the other 2 I have on a block. The one [1] I am looking for is .100 small in the bore. Thanks for your suggestion. Al
rfast racing

Post by rfast racing »

Call chevrolet w/ that part no they told me that there was a place that had several of that part no on there search
rfast racing

Post by rfast racing »

Just checked with parts voice for 14011072 and it shows collectors auto oroville gm oroville wa has 49 of them ph no 8004144462
jred
Expert
Expert

Post by jred »

PART NUMBER I have for the caps is 14015334 do you only need one??? i'll have to look but i might have 4 and would parts with 1 if you really need it this is a new cap and is 4 bolt and cast iron is that what your looking for???
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

The place that has 49 of them, Only wants 150.00 for ONE cap ! Shipping is another 14.00. No thanks. The P/N that ends in 334 is NOT the correct part number. The Cap has 335 4 cast into it. The P/N @ the place that has 49 of them is the CORRECT P/N. Going to Racing Junk to find a set of Steel Caps. Thanks to ALL Al