Wanted: VGS 20 Parts

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

cnsperf
Pro
Pro

Wanted: VGS 20 Parts

Post by cnsperf »

I am looking to update my Tobin Arp VGS 20000 to use the later design head clamping rollover fixture. If anyone has some parts/pieces just laying around please contact me as I may be interested in purchasing them.

Also, if you know of any manufacturers/dealers that may offer parts for these machines please let me know that also.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Christopher Racing Engines
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
252-578-8273
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Wanted: VGS 20 Parts

Post by ProPower engines »

There is several rollover fixtures out there but there is a guy in Iowa that builds custom fixtures.
Kevin Taylor enterprizes I have had him build stuff for me over the years to fill the gap between what BHJ has and what is needed to do some custom work that BHJ stuff does not do right.

Give him a call and see what he can do. this is a system that will be a bit costly as any VGs machine that's up for parts just for the head fixture will be a bit more then what you may want to adapt to a TA machine.

He is a good guy to work with and vary fair in cost :D
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38032

I made these if this is what you are looking for
Mitch
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

cnsperf wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:31 pm I am looking to update my Tobin Arp VGS 20000 to use the later design head clamping rollover fixture. If anyone has some parts/pieces just laying around please contact me as I may be interested in purchasing them.

Also, if you know of any manufacturers/dealers that may offer parts for these machines please let me know that also.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Can you post a photo of what you have now?
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
cnsperf
Pro
Pro

Post by cnsperf »

PackardV8 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm
cnsperf wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:31 pm I am looking to update my Tobin Arp VGS 20000 to use the later design head clamping rollover fixture. If anyone has some parts/pieces just laying around please contact me as I may be interested in purchasing them.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Can you post a photo of what you have now?
I will try and get a picture tomorrow and post it.
Chris
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
252-578-8273
cnsperf
Pro
Pro

Post by cnsperf »

This is what I currently have. I can probably make a clamp that will bolt to the existing rotating part, just thought it would be a time saver if someone had one I could purchase instead.
VGS head cradle 2.jpg
VGS head cradle 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
252-578-8273
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

Thats what I had on mine if you look thru that link I posted it shows the ones I made. I does make mounting quicker an easier
Mitch
elvislee1987

Post by elvislee1987 »

mitch wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am Thats what I had on mine if you look thru that link I posted it shows the ones I made. I does make mounting quicker an easier
Mitch
Mitch, can you post up how it looks like with a cylinder head mounted on? Planning to pick up another Tobin Arp VGS 20000 soon.
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

elvislee1987 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 am
mitch wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am Thats what I had on mine if you look thru that link I posted it shows the ones I made. I does make mounting quicker an easier
Mitch
Mitch, can you post up how it looks like with a cylinder head mounted on? Planning to pick up another Tobin Arp VGS 20000 soon.
Yes I will try an get some first of the week
Mitch