WTB Comec RP 850 surfacer

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

zeek
WTB Comec RP 850 surfacer

Post by zeek »

Looking for used Comec RP 850 surfacing machine.

zeek
Reef
Re: WTB Comec RP 850 surfacer

Post by Reef »

I don't know if you are interested in a Berco RSC 950, I have 2 and am considering selling 1.
zeek

Post by zeek »

Reef wrote:I don't know if you are interested in a Berco RSC 950, I have 2 and am considering selling 1.
Thank you for the reply. We do high end aluminum heads and need a machine with spindle and feed control (VFD for PCD cutter) and a small foot print. This is why the Comec RP 850 is appealing. The new price offered by the USA dealer is very high for what a surfacer really is--simple but a single purpose machine. The Comec RP 850 has a 13" diameter cutter capacity head and the widest heads we do are right at 12".

We can purchase a new large table knee mill that will do the job for less than $10K. We already have two knee mills which do a bunch of work for us and really do not have the room for a third mill dedicated to head resurfacing.

I believe the Berco RSC 950 is an excellent machine but needs a lot of up-dates/modifications to fit our needs.

zeek
dbensavage

Post by dbensavage »

reef, how much for one of your RSC 950's? Where are you located?
Reef

Post by Reef »

In Chico, Ca.$3500.seems very fair. The machine is capable of blocks and heads . They were originally designed with a wet stone. The one I primarily use has a cbn conversion and does a nice job on aluminum heads, that I will keep, the other can be used as is or converted by buyer.The traverse speed is adjustable making it rather versatile.
zeek

Post by zeek »

Reef- PM sent