WTB: OTC or Rotunda pinion depth tool

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

mjschneidy
WTB: OTC or Rotunda pinion depth tool

Post by mjschneidy »

Looking for a used OTC 205-S127 or Rotunda T79P-4020-A pinion depth gauge used for Ford OEM and Ford Racing pinion set up.

Looks like this:
Taycourt1
Re: WTB: OTC or Rotunda pinion depth tool

Post by Taycourt1 »

I seen several different Rotunda depth sets at our local government surplus warehouse. I think they call it S.C. Budget and Control Board. It's located in Columbia SC I don't remember the exact price, I think it was around $100.00 for all 3 sets.
mjschneidy

Post by mjschneidy »

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't live close and the website isn't the best for figuring out what they have. Still looking....
EthylCat
Pro
Pro

Post by EthylCat »

I bought several different versions of this tool and it works really well for me. Built several 8.8s so far and hit pinion depth first try every time.

http://www.ratechmfg.com/pinion%20setting%20tool.htm

Steve
bondospecial

Post by bondospecial »

I have a complete T79P-4020-A tool set. That is actually my picture you used, from a long time ago, on my old Marauder. I got experienced enough doing a bunch of 8.8s since that time that I don't use the tool kit anymore. Send me a PM or email me at Bondospecial@gmail.com. The tool is definitely helpful if you are doing a lot of these or if you are just learning. It makes it impossible to screw up selecting a pinion shim. The ratech tool is a cheap toy compared to the precision machined and robust dealership tool kit. I bought one, tried it, and then bought the Rotunda tool kit. I did not find the Ratech "tool" was accurate or precise, but I'm sure you know this since you are looking for the real deal.

Here is what I have. This is an old picture but it looks the same (shop manual not included). I will take updated pictures for you if you want, and get you an estimated shipping cost and total cost. I don't have many posts on this board but if you want you can vet me over on Nastyz28.com, where I have tons of activity under the same user name. My user name is Stranger in the Black Sedan on mercurymarauder.net. I have not been very active lately on either site because I have been working on some v8 german stuff.

Thanks, Steve
bondospecial

Post by bondospecial »

Hi, the tool is sold, thanks for all the inquiries. Steve