WTB - bhj fixture or other fixtures for 85b

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

odl21

WTB - bhj fixture or other fixtures for 85b

Post by odl21 »

thanks.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: WTB - bhj fixture or other fixtures for 85b

Post by ProPower engines »

Can you be more specific what your needs/wants are???
There is adaptable fixtures not specific to the machine other then a head mounting and or block mounting fixture.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
odl21

Post by odl21 »

either a block tru or just a pair of risers, hold downs, and mount bar.

basically, I have an 85B with no fixtures and I want to be able to mount blocks (inline and v8) on it.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

odl21 wrote:either a block tru or just a pair of risers, hold downs, and mount bar.

basically, I have an 85B with no fixtures and I want to be able to mount blocks (inline and v8) on it.

I have seen on ebay fixtures by Rick Morris Equipment that look well made for mounting heads and could also be used for blocks.
That stuff used is tough to find.
Try the used equipment dealers that may have some odds and ends that can be adapted.
From the sounds of it you need a couple of parallel risers with clamps for a main bar to do blocks and a head fixture that will change over quickly.

The risers can be had from a lot of sources and the main bar should be no smaller then 2".
Ground and polished shaft is available by the foot so get 4 ft to start you will need it as the risers can be brought to center to make things easier L6 blocks need the length.
Clamps can be had easier for the 2" bar compared to smaller bars but any BHJ fixture parts use a 2" ring for a 2"bar
Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Post by Big Speed »

Friend recently closed shop has BHJ Block Tru leftover, about to put up on Ebay.Will have price tomorrow.Bill C.
Ceralli Competition Engines & Checkered Flag Machine
Racing engines , CNC head porting and induction development
http://www.checkeredflagmachine.net/
odl21

Post by odl21 »

thanks Bill. you dynoed my SBF for my tiger this summer. anything else going? pm me.
odl21

Post by odl21 »

ProPower engines wrote: From the sounds of it you need a couple of parallel risers with clamps for a main bar to do blocks and a head fixture that will change over quickly.
Ground and polished shaft is available by the foot so get 4 ft to start you will need it as the risers can be brought to center to make things easier L6 blocks need the length.
Clamps can be had easier for the 2" bar compared to smaller bars but any BHJ fixture parts use a 2" ring for a 2"bar
thanks. I have a 2" bar. but no risers or clamps. MSC wants crazy money for huge matched v-blocks. i also have one of pete's head fixtures which solves the mounting issue for heads and side draft IR intakes will.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

odl21 wrote:
ProPower engines wrote: From the sounds of it you need a couple of parallel risers with clamps for a main bar to do blocks and a head fixture that will change over quickly.
thanks. I have a 2" bar. but no risers or clamps. MSC wants crazy money for huge matched v-blocks. i also have one of pete's head fixtures which solves the mounting issue for heads and side draft IR intakes will.

Do you have a surface grinder or one you can use??

If so just factor the height needed to raise the fixture up from the main bed and parallel grind a couple pieces of 4" or 6" I-Beam steel on both sides and use then as risers and clamp mounts.
Drill for T bolts or through bolts or mill slots for adjustability of set up or change over and your done.

The clamps cam be made from aluminum bar with a hole bored to center then and drilled and threaded on one side then cut on one side to act as a pinch clamp. Steel would be better and longer lasting but harder to make with limited equipment. Rigidity is of the utmost importance here so that will be your decision as dampening the vibrations from cutting is a must with a solid mounting fixture.
Mounting to the risers can just be through bolts as most are that way to start with but depending on the length of the risers you may want several mounting locations
odl21

Post by odl21 »

great ideas. thanks!
Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Post by Big Speed »

Big Speed wrote:Friend recently closed shop has BHJ Block Tru leftover, about to put up on Ebay.Will have price tomorrow.Bill C.
Sold.
Robbie Draughon

Post by Robbie Draughon »

I have one of Rick Morris's fixtures on my sunnen hbs 1300. It works with bhj rings. Really nice and easy to set up and change from heads to blocks.
user-z68766209

Post by user-z68766209 »

Big Speed wrote:
Big Speed wrote:Friend recently closed shop has BHJ Block Tru leftover, about to put up on Ebay.Will have price tomorrow.Bill C.
Sold.

how much did he get for it?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Brian B wrote:
Big Speed wrote:
Sold.

There is a block true on Ebay now. :D
Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Post by Big Speed »

Brian B wrote:
Big Speed wrote:
Sold.

300$,Angle plate ,cam tunnell draw bar ,centering rings and hardware in original wood box.Bill C.
Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Post by Big Speed »

Also for sale .Sioux #2001 valve facer in good condition 2000$ Bill C.