Kwik way FN boring system , 861 surfacer

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Taycourt1
Kwik way FN boring system , 861 surfacer

Post by Taycourt1 »

I'm trying to sell a kwik way FN boring bar it comes with a stand with air roll out cradle and air bag lift. I think the number on the stand is 048 , it has air float boring bar,air centering fingers with air lock system. I know I may not be using the proper technical terms but you get the idea. It was used for 2 and a half years and has been in storage. It needs to be cleaned up and needs the little air toggle switches that slides the cradle in and out and up and down they cost about 60.00 for both.
I also have a kwik way 861 surfacer machine, it has the stone segment head on it. I bought it from government surplus sale so I'm sure it hasn't been used very much. I watched a video of it operating but I don't have 3 phase power so I've never had it hooked up. I was going to buy a phase converter but never got around to it.
I guess you can say I'm giving up on my dream of opening my own shop and just trying to get some of my money back. I will take 4500 each or 8000 for the pair. They are located in Sumter SC and I can text pics if you are interested. 803-983-4607
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Re: Kwik way FN boring system , 861 surfacer

Post by ALKYAL »

Good luck with your asking prices. I sold a K-W FL bar-air float and a K-W EBF rollover fixture along with a K-W 860 CBN conversion surfacer. Both had spared and had just been removed from service. Got a whopping 8500.00 for both and had to ready for shipping. Had it on this site on and off for 2 yrs. No one here purchased either. You will find that most on here looking for BIG ticket items are just TIRE KICKERS. Best of luck, its a tough sell here. Suggest a site like Ebay-much bigger market and not as many time wasters.
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

I guess you can say I'm giving up on my dream of opening my own shop and just trying to get some of my money back.
ALKYAL wrote: No one here purchased either. You will find that most on here looking for BIG ticket items are just TIRE KICKERS. Best of luck, its a tough sell here. Suggest a site like Ebay-much bigger market and not as many time wasters.
You're both saying the same thing in different ways. Many here who inquire about big ticket items are dreaming about setting up a part-time or full time business. Some who are in it full time will say the OP who's giving up on it is making the better business decision.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Taycourt1

Post by Taycourt1 »

I just found this site a few days ago and my equipment may not sell on here. I have reall enjoyed reading some of the post and have found a lot of great information on here the last couple days. I never thought that I could make the machine shop my sole source of income again. All I can say is don't ever take a job for granted , I've never thought I'd miss the aggravation of building motors. But the everyday metal challenge of doing machine work can not be duplicated. For many years our shop was the monday meeting place for many racers after a weekend of racing. Guess what I'm saying is I had my dream job for 20 years and never knew it. To whoever takes the time and effort to keep this site up and going I want to say thanks I've really enjoyed catching up on things the last couple days.
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

Just for the record, The 2 machines that I sold are being replaced by an industrial CNC Bed Mill. I have owned the machine for a few yrs, but never had the money to purchase the Tooling for Block work or machining heads. [NO Valve jobs on this machine] So as you see, I am not giving up the "Dream", just doing a little up-grading and up-dating.
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
buck
Expert
Expert

Post by buck »

That 861 is a great machine. I own one personally and I get work from other shops because their machines are too small to get the job done. It will surface anything. Put it on eBay.
BMR @ Facebook
Taycourt1

Post by Taycourt1 »

Thanks for the pm's everything is sold ,
Rick Morris machine shop sales out of spruce pines NC bought the 861 and picked it up today. I think he's going to clean it up and do cbn conversion and resale. Great guy to deal with if you need anything.
buck
Expert
Expert

Post by buck »

Rick is a super guy. I have his roll over fixture on my machine now.
BMR @ Facebook