K.O. Lee K500hm2 Valve grinder

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Sbc406vega
K.O. Lee K500hm2 Valve grinder

Post by Sbc406vega »

I have a clean (pics before cleaning), good working, nice paint, ko lee k500hm2 valve grinder with all the accessories. Anybody know what they're worth and who is looking for one? Located in Portland, OR 971-570-6009 Luke
valve grinder.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
machinedave
Guru
Guru
Re: K.O. Lee K500hm2 Valve grinder

Post by machinedave »

It looks as though yours has a separate chuck drive but most of the KO LEE machines have a cable driven chuck drive. I have acquired 6 of those KO Lee machines from buying out the complete contents of closed down machine shops. I have sold all but one of them. It took me a long time to sell them but I have got $500 for most of them. I had one that needed TLC that I sold for $250. I may have been able to get more if I would have been willing to ship them.
Sbc406vega

Post by Sbc406vega »

Thanks for the input. It's a nice clean machine and your right it has the motor mounted to the chuck...most I've seen and heard of are cable driven. Is this style more or less desirable? An early or later machine? I'm used to sioux machines so I'm selling the ko lee. Thanks guys
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

Yes it sure looks like a nice machine. I would guess that it is a newer machine because of the separate drive. My guess is that the separate drive may be more desirable because it could eliminate any inconsistencies in the cable but that's just a guess.
Sbc406vega

Post by Sbc406vega »

Anybody looking for a machine as such? I have one available
donc
Guru
Guru

Post by donc »

That is the later model machine , with separate mtr. drive. You should be able to shut off mtr.for spindle leaving the grinding spindle turning,whereas with cable you turn off complete machine to changes valves. I see by pic. it has the rocker arm grinding attachment still there,thats a bonus. They are good machines IMO,lacey Williams sells a collet for it ,more accurate than original. If it can grind a valve concentric its worth $500.00 or more all day long.
Sbc406vega

Post by Sbc406vega »

donc wrote:That is the later model machine , with separate mtr. drive. You should be able to shut off mtr.for spindle leaving the grinding spindle turning,whereas with cable you turn off complete machine to changes valves. I see by pic. it has the rocker arm grinding attachment still there,thats a bonus. They are good machines IMO,lacey Williams sells a collet for it ,more accurate than original. If it can grind a valve concentric its worth $500.00 or more all day long.
Thanks guys, your right, I got $500 for it haha. Ill stick with my ole faithful sioux
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

Glad to hear you got it sold.