WTB Sunnen PLB-100

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Max Wedge
WTB Sunnen PLB-100

Post by Max Wedge »

I am looking to buy a Sunnen PLB-100 complete with the setting fixture as well as many adaptor collars as possible. Please PM me with what you have and what price.

Thanks
Max Wedge
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: WTB Sunnen PLB-100

Post by ProPower engines »

I am sure you know the PLB100 is a GM sm and BB bolt on and every other block needs adapters to mount it and the setting mic is in two ranges.
What size of mains are you wanting to work on?

I know of a setup thats available if you PM me the details of what you want to start out with I will forward it to the shop and have them deal direct with you.

Dave
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Max Wedge

Post by Max Wedge »

Hi Dave

PM sent

Max Wedge
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

I have a PLB unit. Have used it about 12 times or so. I dont believe it is a finish size/finish bore unit. Perhaps that why it is mounted in/on a line-hone cabinet. The inserts are outrageous in price. If you try to bore the cheap chinese caps they will wear the carbide tip out on all 3 points by the time your finished [In my case -.004 or so undersize/to finish via line-hone] Bought an old Kwik-Way portable line bore from a shop that hadnt used it in decades [They bought a real line-bore machine and kept the unit as a back-up and forgot they had it!] The K-W unit complete and in very good condition cost me about 1/2 of what the PLB was brand new. The PLB is designed to do caps #2-3-4, as it is supported in #1 and #5. Yes, you can dick around with it to do a #1 cap and the #5 [Speaking in Chevy Terms] I would bet that you will end up finishing the job with a line hone mandrel. I made bronze liners to allow me to use my 2 in main-rings [correct ODs/ push the bronze rings in and then the PLB bar will slide in and you can proceed. I will advise that you need to be sure that your 2 in rings are concentric ID/OD and you make your Bronze pc concentric also. My PLB will be for sale soon. I will ask what I paid for it/will include all items that I have manfd. for it. Will post when ready.
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
Max Wedge

Post by Max Wedge »

I went a different route.

Thanks
for the replys.

Max Wedge