WTB balancing fixture for Harmonic balancers

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

tlowe

WTB balancing fixture for Harmonic balancers

Post by tlowe »

Need one to use with harmonic balancers and flywheels. I have a Turner Balancer on the way.

Tell me what you have. tom@12bolt.com
jred
Expert
Expert

Re: WTB balancing fixture for Harmonic balancers

Post by jred »

i have 2 balancers Hines i did a turner conversion on one a couple of years ago i have been very happy with the turner stuff and they are great at answering your questions you will like it once you get used to it my machine is effected by the air compressor turning off and on,, anyhow i have a second Hines but with no flywheel mandrel and i wanted to sell the machine complete i think i called Hines and Cwt one was 1700.00 and one was 850.00 new but i can't remember who have the lesser priced one.. you know that they are probley buying them from someone else but i haven't had the time to finish the second machine let alone look for the source for the mandrels.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: WTB balancing fixture for Harmonic balancers

Post by Dave Koehler »

As far as the HBs are concerned an expanding mandrel will do the job though adjustable stanchions will be needed.
Alternative:
I made some mandrels from turned and ground shafting. Used in an overhung setup the shaft is keyed for the HB on one end.
In one case the shaft fits BBC on one end and SBC on the other.
Tap the ends for a bolt.
One of the aftermarket bolts with the built in washer works best.
Add degree marks to it and you can pin point the correction point relative to the key for match balancing a different HB.

Yup, like most things the machine is cheap, relatively speaking. It's the tooling that gets you.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."