Valve pocket cutter

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

rce4csh
Pro
Pro
Valve pocket cutter

Post by rce4csh »

Looking to see if there are any Franklin Precison valve pocket cutter set ups out there for sale. I would like to give one a go and my last conversation with "the man" he told me a new set up was months out! Seems he is busy making stuff for the oil and gas production crowd.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: Valve pocket cutter

Post by Dave Koehler »

Not familiar with the name. Web site? Pictures?
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
pheyden
Pro
Pro

Post by pheyden »

If you have a Bridgeport mill handy, then you might consider some of the tools offered by Lindy Tool for doing valve pockets. I have had several made to specific diameters and the do a great job. http://www.lindytools.com/
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

I need a good pocket cutter, but I'll have to phone them. The Lindy Tools website doesn't tell me much.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
pheyden
Pro
Pro

Post by pheyden »

Jack,

At the top of the opening page is a drop down list that has a number of items. Click on one of them and it will expand to show you the product. I bought one of their 3/4 arbors and then simply specify the cutting heads that I want.

Paul
pheyden
Pro
Pro

Post by pheyden »

Piston Fixture.jpg
THis is my "home-made" piston fixture. It allows me to set almost any angle for making parallel valve pockets.
pocket cutters.jpg
This photo shows a couple of the cutters attached to different mandrels. The one on the left is the 3/4 one with a cutter attached, and the one on the right is a 7mm version designed to be used through the valve guide (last resort sort of thing).

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.