Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 10842
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 pm

I thought that is what sanctuary cities were for.

"National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd claimed Sunday that it is “absolutely legal” for the federal government to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities.
Judd argued during a “Fox & Friends” segment that President Donald Trump’s proposed plan to do just that was “brilliant” and should have been cheered by people on both sides."

Video at the link.

https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/04/14/ ... ry-cities/

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by j-c-c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am

One day DT's supporters may understand the distinction in a modern civil society of the difference between what is "legal" and what is "proper". Its called keeping it between the guard rails.

For example, slavery at one time was perfectly "legal".

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by GRTfast » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:27 pm

I was reading that something like 90% of the illegals coming in have a specific destination that they are going to. It is projected that the vast majority of illegals will make it to their destinations regardless of where they are "dropped off".

Think about it, if you were coming into this country to be with your family in Dallas or El Paso or something, and they bussed you to Chicago, what is the first thing you would do? Get some money (legally or otherwise), and catch a bus to where you were going in the first place. Duh.

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Now let's do a reality check, Trump wants to limit immigration, so his plan is to give bus tickets to all the illegal immigrants so they can go where they would want to go anyway? Sounds like a sound plan to me. So you build a wall for billions of dollars, process all asylum seekers at legal points of entry, don't spend any money for judges, so there is a two year backlog on processing, give them bus tickets for cities they are wanting to go to, so they can melt into the society and not report for legal hearing when it finally comes around. So Trump thinks this up to spite the Democrats? How does this make any sense? Just one more reason to impeach or vote this clown out of office.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by j-c-c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm
Now let's do a reality check, Trump wants to limit immigration, so his plan is to give bus tickets to all the illegal immigrants so they can go where they would want to go anyway? Sounds like a sound plan to me. So you build a wall for billions of dollars, process all asylum seekers at legal points of entry, don't spend any money for judges, so there is a two year backlog on processing, give them bus tickets for cities they are wanting to go to, so they can melt into the society and not report for legal hearing when it finally comes around. So Trump thinks this up to spite the Democrats? How does this make any sense? Just one more reason to impeach or vote this clown out of office.
I disagree, Clowns have to smart to act convincingly dumb, and that does not apply to our narcissistic petulant getting boxed in more everyday POTUS. :mrgreen:

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7111
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by David Redszus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm
Now let's do a reality check, Trump wants to limit immigration, so his plan is to give bus tickets to all the illegal immigrants so they can go where they would want to go anyway? Sounds like a sound plan to me. So you build a wall for billions of dollars, process all asylum seekers at legal points of entry, don't spend any money for judges, so there is a two year backlog on processing, give them bus tickets for cities they are wanting to go to, so they can melt into the society and not report for legal hearing when it finally comes around. So Trump thinks this up to spite the Democrats? How does this make any sense? Just one more reason to impeach or vote this clown out of office.
Wrong. Trump wants to discourage ILLEGAL immigration. Court decisions have attempted to limit the presidents absolute constitutional power to control immigration; they will eventually be overturned by higher courts.

There is no spite involved at all. Sanctuary cities (which are illegal) are said to welcome illegals and refuse to cooperate with immigration officials. Yet, they claim to be willing to accept and provide for illegals. Since illegals cannot be restrained awaiting court hearings, the logical soilution is to place them where they will be well treated and to remove the burden on border cities.
It would be in the best interests of the illegals (better than Gitmo, which I prefer).

Why are Democraps outraged? It's a wonderful solution; everybody wins.

The only thingt better would be for congress to pass some meaningful immigration laws to deal with a growing problem.
And to fully fund border controls.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5396
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Actually there are so many NSC act memo's that give the president powers that are so being ignored. And it is likely that Trump has never been told about all of them. Oh and don't forget the National Security Directives, SB2834 is something I saw some info on. Just a bit of study and we may find all the 9th circuit has zero authority to Trump, Trump. And states or city's that don't want the illegals should not have to put up with them. And a UNION president?
That is like depending on a climate religionist to tell us about how mineral fuel is turned into mechanical power in an engine.

User avatar
Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4259
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by Dave Koehler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I chuckled when I first heard this.
I imagined some of the oh crap moments at city hall, my city included with "how are we going to pay for this?
I really hope it gave some of these folks enough pause to rethink what they have really been advocating all this time.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by j-c-c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm
Court decisions have attempted to limit the presidents absolute constitutional power to control immigration; they will eventually be overturned by higher courts.
I'm pretty sure the founding fathers wisely gave NOBODY absolute power, that is why its in court, and the immigartion power in question I believe was delegated by Congress, and can be rescinded by Congress.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7111
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by David Redszus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 am

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm
Court decisions have attempted to limit the presidents absolute constitutional power to control immigration; they will eventually be overturned by higher courts.
I'm pretty sure the founding fathers wisely gave NOBODY absolute power, that is why its in court, and the immigartion power in question I believe was delegated by Congress, and can be rescinded by Congress.
The US Constitution gives the power of immigration exclusively to the President. Congress has further confirmed his right by legislative action. It is not a matter for the court to decide.

If the liberal, looney, left has an objection, they should simply change the law and the Constitution.
Otherwise, shut the fuuk up and obey thye law.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 am
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm
Court decisions have attempted to limit the presidents absolute constitutional power to control immigration; they will eventually be overturned by higher courts.
I'm pretty sure the founding fathers wisely gave NOBODY absolute power, that is why its in court, and the immigartion power in question I believe was delegated by Congress, and can be rescinded by Congress.
The US Constitution gives the power of immigration exclusively to the President. Congress has further confirmed his right by legislative action. It is not a matter for the court to decide.

If the liberal, looney, left has an objection, they should simply change the law and the Constitution.
Otherwise, shut the fuuk up and obey thye law.
We disagree, not sure there is any area the court cannot rule on whether they have a say or not.

The reason autocrats always seek to stack the court with loyalists.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 10842
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

What is the purpose of a sanctuary city or state?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5396
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:33 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm
Actually there are so many NSC act memo's that give the president powers that are so being ignored. And it is likely that Trump has never been told about all of them. Oh and don't forget the National Security Directives, SB2834 is something I saw some info on. Just a bit of study and we may find all the 9th circuit has zero authority to Trump, Trump. And states or city's that don't want the illegals should not have to put up with them. And a UNION president?
That is like depending on a climate religionist to tell us about how mineral fuel is turned into mechanical power in an engine.
I really messed up there didn't read the title correctly, sorry Transam.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7111
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Border Patrol Union President Says It’s ‘absolutely Legal’ To Drop Illegals In Sanctuary Cities

Post by David Redszus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am
David Redszus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 am
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm


I'm pretty sure the founding fathers wisely gave NOBODY absolute power, that is why its in court, and the immigartion power in question I believe was delegated by Congress, and can be rescinded by Congress.
The US Constitution gives the power of immigration exclusively to the President. Congress has further confirmed his right by legislative action. It is not a matter for the court to decide.

If the liberal, looney, left has an objection, they should simply change the law and the Constitution.
Otherwise, shut the fuuk up and obey thye law.
We disagree, not sure there is any area the court cannot rule on whether they have a say or not.

The reason autocrats always seek to stack the court with loyalists.
But who takes the issues to court rather than to the legislature where they belong?

Post Reply