A funny climate change bedtime story

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: A funny climate change bedtime story

Post by gmrocket » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:21 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:49 pm
rebelrouser wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 am
I get the joke about the story, but you guys are missing the real point. The theory of climate change points to the fact that as forests dry out due to lack of rainfall, they become tinder dry and catch fire very easy. The cause of the spark may have been the work crews, but a forest that is not dry does not catch fire quite so easy. I spend time every spring on the Minnesota and Canadian border in the boundary waters canoe area. I can tell you from experience that the forests in those areas, the litter on the floor of the forest when dry catches like gasoline. Birch bark and pine needles when dry burn super easy. I guess I should spend my vacations racking the forest as Trump says we need to do, but I just don't think I can make a dent in the problem. I know its a useless argument with most of you guys, but just like the congressman holding a snowball saying where is the global warming, it just shows a real lack of understanding of the science and general lack of knowledge about the subject. I just hope to enjoy those wilderness areas while my health lasts, and hope my grandkids can enjoy them until they are old as well.
Since global warming and global cooling has occurred many, many times before, we can assume that forest fires have also occurred many, many times before. In fact, the forest and the wildlife it contains, rely upon the periodic fires to clear ground cover and propagate certain seeds. It is natures way of housecleaning. The smoke precipitates rainfall.

If you want to ensure that your grand kids will be able to enjoy the forest as you have, then you should encourage the addition of CO2 into our atmosphere and an increase in global temperature, along with the rainfall that accompanies increased evporation. That is how plants grow large and strong; not by consuming political misinformation.

Only dumb humans eat bullshiit.
yup, at this point in our history, we are really at dangeriously low levels of CO2. we need more of it to green up the place :P :P

below 200 ppm, life starts to suffer...at 150ppm plants cant survive.

the left is shooting for 149ppm :roll:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:38 am

GRTfast wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:54 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:28 am

So in a round about way, he was right! :lol:
Yeah except they all forget its engineered and done on purpose. I guess you are not very bright, since you have no insight to what they wish to accomplish with that climate religion. Just think green new deal, any light bulbs light up in your head? And this nice story proves its a do this and blame that deal.
Oh no, the biggest moron on the site thinks I’m not too bright. Whatever will I do?! :roll:
And in typical demoncrat fashion you are talking about your self, and projecting it on me. Morons "believe" all the trash issuing from the demoncrat media and political figures. Your the moron that "believes" all the lies they spew. Look in the mirror. Its you GRT that believes the lies from ones that this thread is about. Not me. You are a denier of science I've given you the patents for the science, and many other sources of proof. Its your party that forces you to only "believe" a certain way, and to "deny" overwhelming evidence that the demoncrat climate change religion is a total farce, and a fabrication to control everyone in this country with. To "FORCE" us all into compliance with the agenda. Something is really wrong with you if you can't see it.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:18 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:38 am
GRTfast wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Yeah except they all forget its engineered and done on purpose. I guess you are not very bright, since you have no insight to what they wish to accomplish with that climate religion. Just think green new deal, any light bulbs light up in your head? And this nice story proves its a do this and blame that deal.
Oh no, the biggest moron on the site thinks I’m not too bright. Whatever will I do?! :roll:
And in typical demoncrat fashion you are talking about your self, and projecting it on me. Morons "believe" all the trash issuing from the demoncrat media and political figures. Your the moron that "believes" all the lies they spew. Look in the mirror. Its you GRT that believes the lies from ones that this thread is about. Not me. You are a denier of science I've given you the patents for the science, and many other sources of proof. Its your party that forces you to only "believe" a certain way, and to "deny" overwhelming evidence that the demoncrat climate change religion is a total farce, and a fabrication to control everyone in this country with. To "FORCE" us all into compliance with the agenda. Something is really wrong with you if you can't see it.
You start at “A” and conclude “Z” without demonstrating the 24 dots in between. You also lie and ascribe positions to people that they do not support. You are a delusional and dishonest absolutist simpleton. You’ve watched one too many scary music YouTube videos with alien face logos. Dunning Kruger overdrive.

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:54 am

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:21 pm
David Redszus wrote:
rebelrouser wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 am
I get the joke about the story, but you guys are missing the real point. The theory of climate change points to the fact that as forests dry out due to lack of rainfall, they become tinder dry and catch fire very easy. The cause of the spark may have been the work crews, but a forest that is not dry does not catch fire quite so easy. I spend time every spring on the Minnesota and Canadian border in the boundary waters canoe area. I can tell you from experience that the forests in those areas, the litter on the floor of the forest when dry catches like gasoline. Birch bark and pine needles when dry burn super easy. I guess I should spend my vacations racking the forest as Trump says we need to do, but I just don't think I can make a dent in the problem. I know its a useless argument with most of you guys, but just like the congressman holding a snowball saying where is the global warming, it just shows a real lack of understanding of the science and general lack of knowledge about the subject. I just hope to enjoy those wilderness areas while my health lasts, and hope my grandkids can enjoy them until they are old as well.
Since global warming and global cooling has occurred many, many times before, we can assume that forest fires have also occurred many, many times before. In fact, the forest and the wildlife it contains, rely upon the periodic fires to clear ground cover and propagate certain seeds. It is natures way of housecleaning. The smoke precipitates rainfall.

If you want to ensure that your grand kids will be able to enjoy the forest as you have, then you should encourage the addition of CO2 into our atmosphere and an increase in global temperature, along with the rainfall that accompanies increased evporation. That is how plants grow large and strong; not by consuming political misinformation.

yup, at this point in our history, we are really at dangeriously low levels of CO2. we need more of it to green up the place :P :P

right now the CO2 level is 412.31 parts per million, as reported at the mauna loa observatory, april 8,2019

The 2017 average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F), behind the record year 2016 (+0.94°C / +1.69°F) and 2015 (+0.90°C / +1.62°F; second warmest year on record) both influenced by a strong El Niño episode. The year 2017 is also the warmest year without an El Niño present in the tropical Pacific Ocean.

2017 also marks the 41st consecutive year (since 1977) with global land and ocean temperatures at least nominally above the 20th century average, with the six warmest years on record occurring since 2010. Since the start of the 21st century, the global temperature has been broken five times, three of those being set back to back (2014–2016). The yearly global land and ocean temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880; however, the average rate of increase is twice as great since 1980. From 1900 to 1980 a new temperature record was set on average every 13.5 years; however, since 1981 it has increased to every 3 years.

Overall, the global annual temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880 and at an average rate of 0.17°C (0.31°F) per decade since 1970."

So I guess you favor giving alcoholic's more booze when they feel bad as well?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:52 am

rebelrouser wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:54 am
gmrocket wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

right now the CO2 level is 412.31 parts per million, as reported at the mauna loa observatory, april 8,2019

The 2017 average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F), behind the record year 2016 (+0.94°C / +1.69°F) and 2015 (+0.90°C / +1.62°F; second warmest year on record) both influenced by a strong El Niño episode. The year 2017 is also the warmest year without an El Niño present in the tropical Pacific Ocean.

2017 also marks the 41st consecutive year (since 1977) with global land and ocean temperatures at least nominally above the 20th century average, with the six warmest years on record occurring since 2010. Since the start of the 21st century, the global temperature has been broken five times, three of those being set back to back (2014–2016). The yearly global land and ocean temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880; however, the average rate of increase is twice as great since 1980. From 1900 to 1980 a new temperature record was set on average every 13.5 years; however, since 1981 it has increased to every 3 years.

Overall, the global annual temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880 and at an average rate of 0.17°C (0.31°F) per decade since 1970."

Just like a good little lefty,, regurgitating a bunch of garbage because you don't have the mental capacity to think for yourself.

You forgot to mention the most crucial fact, we only have 12 years left to impose enough taxes to save ourselves.

Because as we all know, taxes is the antidote to carbon dioxide.

If every lefty in the USA gave up every CO2 producing thing they have, or things produced by CO , that would be a virtuous starting point...so I suggest you start the ball rolling?

You don't need the guvment to force it on you,,just do it

I'm sure we'll see a sharp decline in the ppm levels,, then everyone will jump on board

Deal?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:45 am

rebelrouser wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:54 am
gmrocket wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

The data you show is merely a very small pimple on a very large elephant's ass; it is of minor value when we consider hundreds of millions of years of climate fluctuations. Your hockey stick data has been shown to be invalid many times since the arrival of satelite data not merely ground station data.

Please try to understand; the data goes up and the data goes down, even in Hawaii.

What was the highest concentration of atmospheric CO2 ever seen on this planet?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:15 pm

The left likes to talk in years,when it's suits their agenda , like it's been really different the last ten years , etc etc

Or the avg temp went up .000000001 deg C since avg temps were recorded, back in 1850...then relate that as a catastrophic event because before that, we "think" it wasn't

They can't talk in millions or billions of years

emsvitil

Post by emsvitil » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm

The lefties should hold their breath.

Then they won't produce any CO2.

Problem solved.
Ed

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 pm

emsvitil wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm
The lefties should hold their breath.

Then they won't produce any CO2.

Problem solved.
Right on, best idea yet.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

It's like people that advocate, "population control", have them blow their brains out first to see if it helps"?

Never happen because they want somebody else to do it first!!

Just like how Liberals never spend their own money!!

pdq67