Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4710
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 pm

So where are the 6 years of jcc tax returns, put your money where your mouth is.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:12 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 pm
So where are the 6 years of jcc tax returns, put your money where your mouth is.
I thought you were still hung up on the fact I choose to keep my voting preferences private, now you want my tax returns in order to justify DT releasing his?

Your logic escapes me ST resident self proclaimed logic master.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by David Redszus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 am

The demand for Trump's tax returns is an attempt by Alinsky Democraps to find some method to combat Trump's continued progress toward the total dismantaling of the looney left liberal agenda. If it could have, the corrupt FBI and DOJ would already have done so.

You lost and keep losing; change your game plan. If not, you'll be a special footnote in the history books.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:57 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 am
The demand for Trump's tax returns is an attempt by Alinsky Democraps to find some method to combat Trump's continued progress toward the total dismantaling of the looney left liberal agenda. If it could have, the corrupt FBI and DOJ would already have done so.

You lost and keep losing; change your game plan. If not, you'll be a special footnote in the history books.
"some method"?

You mean discover a lie or an indiscretion or linkage, or something illegal, etc

Did the FBI or DOJ already see his returns?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by David Redszus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm

"some method"?

You mean discover a lie or an indiscretion or linkage, or something illegal, etc
No, I mean TELL a lie, act indiscretly and perform something illegally. :P
Did the FBI or DOJ already see his returns?
Yes, they got the tax returns from the Russians. They got yours too. :lol:

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm
"some method"?

You mean discover a lie or an indiscretion or linkage, or something illegal, etc
No, I mean TELL a lie, act indiscretly and perform something illegally. :P
Did the FBI or DOJ already see his returns?
Yes, they got the tax returns from the Russians. They got yours too. :lol:
Alrighty then, now we know what the Russians have over DT''s head, thanks for clearing that up.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by David Redszus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:45 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm
"some method"?

You mean discover a lie or an indiscretion or linkage, or something illegal, etc
No, I mean TELL a lie, act indiscretly and perform something illegally. :P
Did the FBI or DOJ already see his returns?
Yes, they got the tax returns from the Russians. They got yours too. :lol:
Alrighty then, now we know what the Russians have over DT''s head, thanks for clearing that up.
I'm sure the laughter and the vodka flowed freely in the Kremlin when they got the tax returns. :lol:

They probably sold them to the Iranians. :twisted:

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by 86_regal » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 am

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:12 pm
86_regal wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:05 pm
Yet another topic debated almost entirely on political "identity politics" grounds...
Why not in the application of basic principles?

I would (hopefully) suspect it'd be quite challenging to find someone that would NOT support transparency of ALL government officials AND ANY private citizens engaged in ANY financial "transactions" with our government.

I have raised this question in the past on this board...
If you DO support such a position, would YOU support that YOUR Income tax returns be public information???

If you DO NOT, then what justification would you have in requiring others to disclose their related government information???

Regardless of your position on this matter, it elucidates the current INDISCERNIBLE (or some might say, NON-existent) line between public and private information.

You can either wave goodbye to government transparency OR YOUR right to privacy...
You know what your problem is?

Someone could ask you if it's raining or sunny outside,, your reply would be so long winded, twisted , turned upside down and backwards, then inside out....and they still wouldnt know if it was rainy or sunny.

I had six people read what your reply was, two said your kinda for it, they think. one said she had no idea what side you were on, one more said you were mostly against it, and the last two said you were a jerk.

You can't brings yourself to say the words "trump should not release his personal tax info"
And apparently your problem, as well as the other 6 people that read my post, is reading comprehension, the ability to recognize the necessity of deliberating such topics by formulating the relevant question(s) to allow myself, or ANYONE else, to devise a PRINCIPLED, CONSISTENT and well reasoned answer. That said, I DID NOT offer an answer, only questions I believed would aid in fostering one.

I ask you to set down the crayons you and your 6 friends are using in your 2 dimensional left vs right, Republican vs Democrats, Trump tax returns vs NO Trump tax returns coloring books and read the following CLOSELY.

IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
However, in stark contrast to the local vendor that NOT everyone is obliged to patronize, we ARE obliged to pay our taxes to fund the services provided by those representatives and administrators. Since it is asserted that we (ALL) receive an equal "non-excludable" share of those services, it (SHOULD) now become imperative to disclose that all expenses are INCURRED EQUALLY as well.
This would necessarily require not ONLY the disclosure of all costs but ALL RECEIPTS.

This flies in the face of conventional wisdom on 2 fronts.
First, despite the fact that no one is charged for a loaf of bread on the basis of their previous year's adjusted gross income AND that the original Constitutional Federal tax collection structure be subject to "apportionment" among the States, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find ANYONE to apply this SAME "consistent" and principled reasoning in the context of the Income Tax in current day, thanks in large part of political rhetoric "du' jour" like "job creators", "fair share", "The Buffet Rule", "cheap overseas labor", etc.
Second, the disclosure of ALL tax receipts would REQUIRE the disclosure of EVERY American's Federal Tax return EVERY year. Unsurprisingly, not only would this be unpopular to Trump but also every current and previous Congressman, Senator, bureaucrat, agent and EVERYONE on this board INCLUDING MYSELF because it reveals the ugly reality that our completely arbitrary and ludicrously incomprehensible government IMPOSED and frequently manipulated income tax structure would force us into the "necessity" of sacrificing PERSONAL privacy for the benefit of Government transparency. BECAUSE such a trade-off is so unpopular IS THE VERY reason why the fog hovering D.C. obscuring and protecting those "in the swamp" will remain.

In lieu of the previously cited UNACCEPTABLE current circumstances, I choose a third direction. ABOLISH the Income tax and Apportion the federal Tax burden just as prescribed by the Constitution.
Some quick math would reveal that the roughly 4 TRILLION dollar 2019 budget divided amongst ~330 Million people would result in a tax bill of a little over 12K to EVERY man, woman and child. I suspect the budget would shrink rather quickly after that and would avert those with nefarious political aspirations to run for office.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by David Redszus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 am

IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
Utopian expectations which simply do not apply in Chicago and the Catholic Church. And the rest of the world as well.

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by 86_regal » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 am

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 am
IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
Utopian expectations which simply do not apply in Chicago and the Catholic Church. And the rest of the world as well.
Seems to me the expectation is more utilitarian in nature. Much like the vendor that cannot meet your expectations, when it is inevitably revealed that DC and Chicago cannot meet expectations, it's time to extricate them of said responsibilities and search for other alternatives...

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by j-c-c » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 am

86_regal wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 am
David Redszus wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 am
IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
Utopian expectations which simply do not apply in Chicago and the Catholic Church. And the rest of the world as well.
Seems to me the expectation is more utilitarian in nature. Much like the vendor that cannot meet your expectations, when it is inevitably revealed that DC and Chicago cannot meet expectations, it's time to extricate them of said responsibilities and search for other alternatives...
Actually, the first step is recognizing they are not meeting one's expectations, AND also admitting it.

We largely haven't crossed that hurdle yet.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3420
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by gmrocket » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am

86_regal wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 am
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:12 pm
86_regal wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:05 pm
Yet another topic debated almost entirely on political "identity politics" grounds...
Why not in the application of basic principles?

I would (hopefully) suspect it'd be quite challenging to find someone that would NOT support transparency of ALL government officials AND ANY private citizens engaged in ANY financial "transactions" with our government.

I have raised this question in the past on this board...
If you DO support such a position, would YOU support that YOUR Income tax returns be public information???

If you DO NOT, then what justification would you have in requiring others to disclose their related government information???

Regardless of your position on this matter, it elucidates the current INDISCERNIBLE (or some might say, NON-existent) line between public and private information.

You can either wave goodbye to government transparency OR YOUR right to privacy...
You know what your problem is?

Someone could ask you if it's raining or sunny outside,, your reply would be so long winded, twisted , turned upside down and backwards, then inside out....and they still wouldnt know if it was rainy or sunny.

I had six people read what your reply was, two said your kinda for it, they think. one said she had no idea what side you were on, one more said you were mostly against it, and the last two said you were a jerk.

You can't brings yourself to say the words "trump should not release his personal tax info"
And apparently your problem, as well as the other 6 people that read my post, is reading comprehension, the ability to recognize the necessity of deliberating such topics by formulating the relevant question(s) to allow myself, or ANYONE else, to devise a PRINCIPLED, CONSISTENT and well reasoned answer. That said, I DID NOT offer an answer, only questions I believed would aid in fostering one.

I ask you to set down the crayons you and your 6 friends are using in your 2 dimensional left vs right, Republican vs Democrats, Trump tax returns vs NO Trump tax returns coloring books and read the following CLOSELY.

IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
However, in stark contrast to the local vendor that NOT everyone is obliged to patronize, we ARE obliged to pay our taxes to fund the services provided by those representatives and administrators. Since it is asserted that we (ALL) receive an equal "non-excludable" share of those services, it (SHOULD) now become imperative to disclose that all expenses are INCURRED EQUALLY as well.
This would necessarily require not ONLY the disclosure of all costs but ALL RECEIPTS.

This flies in the face of conventional wisdom on 2 fronts.
First, despite the fact that no one is charged for a loaf of bread on the basis of their previous year's adjusted gross income AND that the original Constitutional Federal tax collection structure be subject to "apportionment" among the States, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find ANYONE to apply this SAME "consistent" and principled reasoning in the context of the Income Tax in current day, thanks in large part of political rhetoric "du' jour" like "job creators", "fair share", "The Buffet Rule", "cheap overseas labor", etc.
Second, the disclosure of ALL tax receipts would REQUIRE the disclosure of EVERY American's Federal Tax return EVERY year. Unsurprisingly, not only would this be unpopular to Trump but also every current and previous Congressman, Senator, bureaucrat, agent and EVERYONE on this board INCLUDING MYSELF because it reveals the ugly reality that our completely arbitrary and ludicrously incomprehensible government IMPOSED and frequently manipulated income tax structure would force us into the "necessity" of sacrificing PERSONAL privacy for the benefit of Government transparency. BECAUSE such a trade-off is so unpopular IS THE VERY reason why the fog hovering D.C. obscuring and protecting those "in the swamp" will remain.

In lieu of the previously cited UNACCEPTABLE current circumstances, I choose a third direction. ABOLISH the Income tax and Apportion the federal Tax burden just as prescribed by the Constitution.
Some quick math would reveal that the roughly 4 TRILLION dollar 2019 budget divided amongst ~330 Million people would result in a tax bill of a little over 12K to EVERY man, woman and child. I suspect the budget would shrink rather quickly after that and would avert those with nefarious political aspirations to run for office.
You know I didn't read this load of garbage right?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by David Redszus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:28 am

86_regal wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 am
David Redszus wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 am
IMO, Our elected REPRESENTATIVES and administrators, who serve and represent US, THE PEOPLE, are REQUIRED to be (at least) COMPLETELY FINANCIALLY transparent in the same way we EXPECT our local vendor to transparently account for the expense of EVERY item or service rendered.
Utopian expectations which simply do not apply in Chicago and the Catholic Church. And the rest of the world as well.
Seems to me the expectation is more utilitarian in nature. Much like the vendor that cannot meet your expectations, when it is inevitably revealed that DC and Chicago cannot meet expectations, it's time to extricate them of said responsibilities and search for other alternatives...
Who owns those expectations? The buyer and seller both have certain expectations, which may or may not, be fully or partially realized.

Political office holders are expected to provide benefits to their constituency which usually represent only slightly more than half of the voting population. The other half does not benefit and may often actually be harmed in the process.

Many functional relationships are based on confidence and trust, not on mere specifications and bid requests. I have experienced the purchasing processes of the city of Chicago first hand. It is far from legal but not quite immoral depending on the real objective being sought. Competitive bidding is a farce and practiced only when unimportant matters are at issue.

Contracts, and expectations are based on benefits to the party in power. If anyone thinks otherwise, I would suggest looking below the surface waves at the lower level current flows.

And where is that all knowing, independent, public official that is capable of sound decisions to be found?
Not at the voting booth, not in academia, not in religious institutions, and certainly not on TV or your cell phone.

Then where will we find this ultimate wise man?

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1976
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by In-Tech » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:06 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am
You know I didn't read this load of garbage right?
I don't block anyone, I usually read the first sentence or two and continue if even close to a possible conversation could be had, you are perfect in your surmise.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4710
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Donald Trump Dismisses Democrat Demand for Six Years of Tax Returns

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Yes just like the demons don't have to do things they are ordered to do neither does trump. So funny the demoncrat congress does nothing good for the us, just attack trump and figure out how to take something away from the american people. Such a corrupt party. Now they want to force Marxist, Lennonist crap on us all, take about the ultimate take something from us. Your blind if you can't see the evil wickedness.

Post Reply