Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5097
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 pm

God of the gaps irreducible complexity , the watchmaker argument. "Nothing" does not exist.
Last edited by Firedome8 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm

GRT the one that never reads the links I put on here fills up tons of links to support some lie? We don't need a bunch of illogical Marxist crap to try to prove there is no almighty god, we know they don't want him to exist. Explain how long before that engine evolves? Or how long till a computer evolves with help. Or better yet just pick up a dead deer from a car hit and bring it back to life. If making life is so simple that should be a piece of cake the basic stuff is there, all you got to do is what the almighty said he did, breathe into it the breath of life. Oh yeah that was a man (Adam), so instead of a deer do it to someone in the same condition as the deer then. Simple stuff for a demoncrat since they think they are god.
What hope does a person have that hates the father in heaven? What are you going to say when you get your accounting?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7106
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by David Redszus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:37 am

If making life is so simple that should be a piece of cake the basic stuff is there, all you got to do is what the almighty said he did, breathe into it the breath of life. Oh yeah that was a man (Adam),

Not even wrong. Adam, a mythical character, does not represent the earliest forms of life; man is a late arrival to the party that is life. There existed millions of life forms for millions of years before the emergence of man.
What hope does a person have that hates the father in heaven?
Where is heaven? Does it exist now or will it be formed when needed? What will it be made of? Gold? Clouds? Ivory? Pine?

How large must it be to contain the billions of persons entitled to entrance? Or is entry limited to only a select few?

When we begin to spin the web of mysticism, there is no end to the emerging mysteries; often called lies.
One might ask the author of the Harry Potter books; once you start, there is no stopping.

Perhaps heaven is located at the end of time. Wait for it.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am

Where is heaven? Where is the end of the area we call outer space? And when you find that end what is on the other side of that end? Kind of like how small is small? Infinity it self proves an almighty creator. I think the 2 things that scare some people away from the idea of an almighty god is, 1st they arn't supposed to do bad things that he doesn't like. 2nd is they think they have to join a church(religion). No one is perfect and no you shouldn't be practicing bad things. Only his devout disciple class where to gather together. So nothing in the book saying you have to join a church, besides it may not be one he approves of.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2154
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by GRTfast » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:08 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
GRT the one that never reads the links I put on here fills up tons of links to support some lie?
Actually, I usually read your links. My lack of response is generally tied to the fact that there is nothing worth responding to.

Exactly what lie am I supporting? Be specific, and indicate where I made the claim. If you think I have asserted that there is in fact no god, you're wrong. Not being convinced that X is true is not the same thing as being convinced X is false.

The links I provided are just deeper reading explaining each logical fallacy you invoked, and why it does not constitute a valid argument. I figured you wouldn't read any of them, I didn't really put them there for you. I put them there for curious folks who are reading this thread. You are being used as an example.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
We don't need a bunch of illogical Marxist crap to try to prove there is no almighty god
So the rules of argument and logical fallacies are Marxist? :lol: ok Dr Logic whatever you say.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
we know they don't want him to exist.
This has nothing to do with "want". It has to do with what can be demonstrated or successfully argued.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
Explain how long before that engine evolves? Or how long till a computer evolves with help.
More logical fallacies. What a surprise.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
Or better yet just pick up a dead deer from a car hit and bring it back to life. If making life is so simple that should be a piece of cake the basic stuff is there, all you got to do is what the almighty said he did, breathe into it the breath of life. Oh yeah that was a man (Adam), so instead of a deer do it to someone in the same condition as the deer then.
Life isn't "made" any more than a snowflake is made. Asserting that it is made is yet another circular argument. You can't invoke a creator in the premise if the intent of the conclusion is to show that a creator is sufficient and necessary. This is logic 101 stuff man. One would think that a self professed logic master such as yourself wouldn't continue to make egregious errors in each attempt to form a cogent argument. Every indication is that life occurs naturally when the conditions are right.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
What hope does a person have that hates the father in heaven?

What a stupid thing to say. I do not hate any god. How can someone hate something that they are not convinced exists. Do you hate Thor or Zeus?

I "hope" to continue having a good life, enjoying the company of my friends, loving my family, having fun, inventing things that make a difference to society long after I am gone, building cars and motorcycles, making music, etc... I "hope" to make the most of my life and to affect others in a positive way.
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
What are you going to say when you get your accounting?
Why would anyone think that they exist after they are dead. Do you remember what it was like before you were born? No? Do you know why? Because you didn't exist, just like you won't after you're dead. There is no reason to think anything else.

IF there is somehow an afterlife and I have to stand before some god that is going to condemn me for not believing that which does not comport to reality, and is going to condemn me for living in such a way that I positively influence others, while having an internally honest and open minded world view, then I will happily serve out my sentence knowing that I am more moral than that thug of a god is.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2154
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by GRTfast » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am
Where is heaven?
Yes, that is the question you were asked. Good job recognizing it.
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am
Where is the end of the area we call outer space?
There may be no end, or there may be an end. It could be finite with no edge (like the surface of a sphere). We simply do not know. Wouldn't it be cool if we did? Learning about reality is neat. Acting like you know the answers when you don't is stupid and dishonest.
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am
And when you find that end what is on the other side of that end?
See above.
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am
Infinity it self proves an almighty creator.
Wow, that is quite a (as yet unsupported) claim you've made there. I dare you to attempt backing it. I would guess you're going to invoke an argument from ignorance fallacy, but you might surprise us. One can only hope.
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am
I think...
Do you though?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 am

Actually there are probably a few of us here that hope the best for you no almighty types, if we didn't we wouldn't be knocking ourselves out trying to open the eyes.

""""Wow, that is quite a (as yet unsupported) claim you've made there. I dare you to attempt backing it. I would guess you're going to invoke an argument from ignorance fallacy, but you might surprise us. One can only hope. """"
Since I can't perform the Vulcan mind meld at this distance, its going to be difficult to show you. :lol:

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by j-c-c » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 am
Actually there are probably a few of us here that hope the best for you no almighty types, if we didn't we wouldn't be knocking ourselves out trying to open the eyes.
Like you supporting a member here who prays for me to have an "incurable form of cancer"? [-X

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2154
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by GRTfast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 am
Actually there are probably a few of us here that hope the best for you no almighty types, if we didn't we wouldn't be knocking ourselves out trying to open the eyes.

""""Wow, that is quite a (as yet unsupported) claim you've made there. I dare you to attempt backing it. I would guess you're going to invoke an argument from ignorance fallacy, but you might surprise us. One can only hope. """"
Since I can't perform the Vulcan mind meld at this distance, its going to be difficult to show you. :lol:
If you can’t provide independently verifiable evidence, or even make a valid argument, why should anyone believe you?

When you claim to be super logical, then demonstrate over and over that you literally do not know what logic is, it’s not very compelling. I’m sorry, but that is the stark truth.

If you believe for a good reason, you should be able to articulate it. If you believe because of a feeling, that isn’t a rational justification.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5097
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Looks like assgas is out for the count. i guess that logic enema shut him up..

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Its not up to me, it has to be from the being that yall don't believe exists.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5097
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am

Is part one over , Or is this just starting ?

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2154
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by GRTfast » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am
Is part one over , Or is this just starting ?
I think the OP quit because he got called out on his insincere tactics. There are some creationists websites out there that explain how to back atheists into a corner with certain lines of questioning. When it didn’t go as planned, he had to make an excuse to bow out of the thread to keep from looking like a fool.

I wish he would have kept going, because I am virtually certain that my answers wouldn’t have been what he was expecting, and would have exposed his true motivations and flawed reasoning.

Oh well, quitting the thread is a passive admission of defeat. I’ll accept it.

bunner engines
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: hampton va

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by bunner engines » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am
Is part one over , Or is this just starting ?
I think the OP quit because he got called out on his insincere tactics. There are some creationists websites out there that explain how to back atheists into a corner with certain lines of questioning. When it didn’t go as planned, he had to make an excuse to bow out of the thread to keep from looking like a fool.

I wish he would have kept going, because I am virtually certain that my answers wouldn’t have been what he was expecting, and would have exposed his true motivations and flawed reasoning.

Oh well, quitting the thread is a passive admission of defeat. I’ll accept it.
Yea keep dreaming. Your foolish answers is exactly what I expected. Same with your hateful attitude.but the best part is the more you try to prove your point the more holes I can see in your hopeless argument.
it always cost less to do it right the first time!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Questions for the atheist. (Part 1)

Post by j-c-c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:02 pm

bunner engines wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am
Is part one over , Or is this just starting ?
I think the OP quit because he got called out on his insincere tactics. There are some creationists websites out there that explain how to back atheists into a corner with certain lines of questioning. When it didn’t go as planned, he had to make an excuse to bow out of the thread to keep from looking like a fool.

I wish he would have kept going, because I am virtually certain that my answers wouldn’t have been what he was expecting, and would have exposed his true motivations and flawed reasoning.

Oh well, quitting the thread is a passive admission of defeat. I’ll accept it.
Yea keep dreaming. Your foolish answers is exactly what I expected. Same with your hateful attitude.but the best part is the more you try to prove your point the more holes I can see in your hopeless argument.
Are the '"holes" a secret that only you are privileged to "see", or you are trying to build the suspense before sharing your grand enlightenment?

If your perceive any "hate" in my response, I forgive you.

Post Reply