Maybe the world won't end in 12 years?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Maybe the world won't end in 12 years?

Post by gmrocket » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm

With promising research like this, the left will have to hurry up and beat us into submission

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace ... 43dc784563

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Maybe the world won't end in 12 years?

Post by David Redszus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Man, I hope the world does end in twelve years. I just took out a very large second mortgage and
racked up massive credit card charges.

Oh woe is me.

What can i do to make sure the world does end in twelve years?

I know, i can vote Democrap and support efforts to halt climate change and convert all our energy to green energy.
My last hope.

Kenova
Pro
Pro

Post by Kenova » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

How much carbon dioxide can we suck out of the atmosphere before plant life starts to die?

Ken
Over the hill but still learning!
Retaining it is the hard part.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Kenova wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm
How much carbon dioxide can we suck out of the atmosphere before plant life starts to die?

Ken
Concentrations below 200 ppm would probably be bad for plant life, especially if we reached those levels quickly. Life can adapt through evolution, but if you make the change in a small number of generations, you may kill off enough that a given species can't recover.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Actually she could be right, the bible says at some point it will end for all the wicked people on earth. But the earth stays forever, Ecclesiastics 1:4.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Kenova wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Ken
Concentrations below 200 ppm would probably be bad for plant life, especially if we reached those levels quickly. Life can adapt through evolution, but if you make the change in a small number of generations, you may kill off enough that a given species can't recover.
What is killing off animal and insect life is Fukushima and other such kleeen installations.
https://www.climatecentral.org/news/fuk ... ning-16401

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:18 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 pm
Actually she could be right, the bible says at some point it will end for all the wicked people on earth. But the earth stays forever, Ecclesiastics 1:4.
Why should anyone care anything about what a bunch of Bronze Age goat herders who didn’t know where the sun went at night wrote down millennia ago?

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and was no longer.

If i remember correctly it describes the elements disolving into nothing . Just one contradiction amongst many.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Maybe the the OP should re watch the movie the "Titanic" and all the gaiety in world of passengers on the marvelous unsinkable ship.

Pride goeth before the fall, I believe is the age old saying.

gai·e·ty
noun
the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful.
synonyms: cheerfulness, cheer, light-heartedness, merriment, glee, gladness, happiness, joy, joyfulness, joyousness, delight, pleasure, high spirits, good spirits, good humor, jollity, jolliness, hilarity, mirth, joviality, exuberance, elation, exultatio

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 am

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 pm
Maybe the the OP should re watch the movie the "Titanic" and all the gaiety in world of passengers on the marvelous unsinkable ship.

Pride goeth before the fall, I believe is the age old saying.

gai·e·ty
noun
the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful.
synonyms: cheerfulness, cheer, light-heartedness, merriment, glee, gladness, happiness, joy, joyfulness, joyousness, delight, pleasure, high spirits, good spirits, good humor, jollity, jolliness, hilarity, mirth, joviality, exuberance, elation, exultatio
Ya, no need to do anymore research on CO2 sequestration,,it's over.

Just like all past historical research,, it all failed miserablely...high speed electric trains, powered by fossil fueled gen stations and windmills will get us out of the bind we're in....

Oh ya,,,and some carbon tax