A Message From John Adams!

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

A Message From John Adams!

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 pm

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –

John Adams
https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 02-02-3102
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Re: A Message From John Adams!

Post by prairiehotrodder » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Wow, isn't that the truth.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:50 pm

The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark.

T Paine.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 am

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelrouser » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –

I agree to John Adams statement.

So those of you who also agree, how does that statement stack up against the behavior of our president?

The religious right has started to call Trump, a modern day Cyrus, just to make excuses for his behavior.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... ament.html

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Well.....he does say FOR moral and.....
He doesn't say it has to be run by the same.
Sorry, could not resist.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –

So those of you who also agree, how does that statement stack up against the behavior of our president?

The religious right has started to call Trump, a modern day Cyrus, just to make excuses for his behavior.

Has he repented since in office? So you don't believe to forgive?

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:58 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm
rebelrouser wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Has he repented since in office? So you don't believe to forgive?
No I do not recall Trump asking forgiveness for any of his actions or statements, in fact I see just the opposite, that he lies repeatedly, in trying to justify or cover up his actions and statements. I certainly do believe in forgiveness, but those wanting forgiveness have to ask for it and change their ways, to deserve it.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:44 am

Religion has a negative correlation with general well being and societal health, which is no surprise since almost all monotheistic religions are hegemonic control systems built on mythology and outright lies. It turns out that having a rational and good justification for your beliefs is as positive thing, and basing your beliefs and worldviews on bad reasoning, feelings, and circular "logic" isn't such a good thing.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -societies

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -societies

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:02 am

“The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity.”

John Adams

Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Adams and Jefferson believed that those who rose up and participated in government including citizens who vote would be guided by sound morals..

Keep in mind that Adams believed in a strong central government...That also would be populated by those with morals and sound judgement...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Religion has a negative correlation with general well being and societal health, which is no surprise since almost all monotheistic religions are hegemonic control systems built on mythology and outright lies. It turns out that having a rational and good justification for your beliefs is as positive thing, and basing your beliefs and worldviews on bad reasoning, feelings, and circular "logic" isn't such a good thing.
Agreed.
Unfortunately, liberal politics has become a religion which dare not be questioned. In spite of its absurbity.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Truckedup wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Adams and Jefferson believed that those who rose up and participated in government including citizens who vote would be guided by sound morals..
I agree with that in principle. The disconnected notion is that religion is the source of morality. Some of the most horrifically immoral things you can find are endorsed in the bible (and other holy books). It is easy to pick and choose the parts you follow (which most religious folks do). In doing so, one can create a rosy message that sounds all warm and fuzzy. That begs the question... where do the morals come from that allow people to determine which parts of their holy book to follow and which parts to ignore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Sorry GRT but you are absolutely clueless. What you think you know about the Bible is all wrong. The things you claim the Bible endorses are wrong and the worldview you actually live out is a hi-jacked form of religion. I've learnt that there is no reasoning with you so go ahead and have the last word.

For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm

prairiehotrodder wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm
Sorry GRT but you are absolutely clueless. What you think you know about the Bible is all wrong. The things you claim the Bible endorses are wrong and the worldview you actually live out is a hi-jacked form of religion. I've learnt that there is no reasoning with you so go ahead and have the last word.
No need to apologize, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is demonstrably incorrect.

I've read the bible and you've read the bible. Who are you, or anyone to tell me that what I know about it is wrong? If this is the supposed word of god, shouldn't it be direct and easy to understand? Slavery is endorsed. The killing of women and children is endorsed. Infinite punishment for finite crimes is endorse. These are patently immoral and you know it. You are more moral than the god you worship, you've just bought into all the apologetic nonsense that attempts to rationalize the atrocious immorality contained in the "good book". Maybe one day you will realize it, and release yourself from the shackles of self delusion. One can only hope, as you seem like a really nice guy.
prairiehotrodder wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these
I bolded a few of these attributes that apply to the current US president..... the one that is ironically supported by a majority of evangelicals. :lol: