Judge tosses Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump over hush money agreement

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Judge tosses Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump over hush money agreement

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:29 pm

"A lawsuit by adult film star Stormy Daniels against President Donald Trump over a non-disparagement agreement has been tossed out of federal court.
US District Judge James Otero says the suit, which sought to invalidate the $130,000 agreement that kept Daniels from speaking publicly about her allegations of an affair with Trump ahead of the 2016 election, should be sent back to California Superior Court. In his ruling, Otero says the suit "lacks subject matter jurisdiction."
By remanding the case back to where it was first filed, Otero made it clear the case is over."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/politics ... index.html

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: Judge tosses Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump over hush money agreement

Post by j-c-c » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:37 am

"By dismissing the case, the judge essentially gave Daniels what she wanted all along -- to be able to tell her story without the fear of being sued for millions of dollars, Avenatti said.
"The court found that Ms. Daniels received everything she asked for by way of the lawsuit -- she won," Avenatti told CNN."

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Re: Judge tosses Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump over hush money agreement

Post by Dave Koehler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:16 am

What strikes me as odd about the whole thing as it did not stop her from talking about it.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:16 am
What strikes me as odd about the whole thing as it did not stop her from talking about it.
Exactly. She has been talking about it for quite awhile now.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:16 am
To repeat myself, it didn't, she won. :lol: