juliana verses the united states

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

juliana verses the united states

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 am

A lawsuit over climate change was filed in 2015 on behalf of 21 children, that the federal government failed to protect them from climate change. It was on 60 minutes, first link. Second link is the actual filings and some of the evidence filed in the court case, it is interesting that the government does not deny any of the science presented in this case, the government basically says they don't sell fossil fuels so they are not responsible, and that only 25% of the fossil fuel related CO2 comes from the united states. Government refuses to let the case go to trial to be heard by a jury. One interesting thing is that reports that climate change is an issue was first presented to the Johnson administration, and all administrations since. Even the Obama administration fought this lawsuit.



https://www.cbsnews.com/news/juliana-ve ... 0-minutes/
http://climatecasechart.com/case/julian ... reloaded=1

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9542
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Why are they using children?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by gmrocket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm

dont give any of the losers on here any ideas.

they'll be suing for having pathetic lives.

i have an idea...since your country seems about evenly split 50 50 left and right. why dont the left just do what they propose? go off the grid, give up cars, computers, appliances, house heating and cooling, and anything that fossil fuels provides.

that will cut the USAs contribution to the environment by half. then when the other half sees how successful that worked, theyll jump on board for the other half. it would be an instant 50% cut in CO2 right

why do they need to sue or force the government on them, to do what they can do themselves?

they wont and cant...because they have zero clue on how critical fossil fuel is in their lives...

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:48 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm
Why are they using children?
Because me and you will be dead, when the shit hits the fan, my grand kids will have to deal with it.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm
dont give any of the losers on here any ideas.

they'll be suing for having pathetic lives.

i have an idea...since your country seems about evenly split 50 50 left and right. why dont the left just do what they propose? go off the grid, give up cars, computers, appliances, house heating and cooling, and anything that fossil fuels provides.

that will cut the USAs contribution to the environment by half. then when the other half sees how successful that worked, theyll jump on board for the other half. it would be an instant 50% cut in CO2 right

why do they need to sue or force the government on them, to do what they can do themselves?

they wont and cant...because they have zero clue on how critical fossil fuel is in their lives...
We will never stop using crude oil, lots more is made out of it than just fuel for cars and homes. And nobody is really saying we have to give up everything, that is a right wing talking point. All they are saying is, it is the time to start changing how our society gets its energy and does things. I am sure the people who ran livery stables at the turn of the century had all kinds of bad things to say about automobiles. But society decided to change the way they traveled. Now its time to change the way we power our lives. Millions of new jobs if done the right way.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by gmrocket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:33 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm
dont give any of the losers on here any ideas.

they'll be suing for having pathetic lives.

i have an idea...since your country seems about evenly split 50 50 left and right. why dont the left just do what they propose? go off the grid, give up cars, computers, appliances, house heating and cooling, and anything that fossil fuels provides.

that will cut the USAs contribution to the environment by half. then when the other half sees how successful that worked, theyll jump on board for the other half. it would be an instant 50% cut in CO2 right

why do they need to sue or force the government on them, to do what they can do themselves?

they wont and cant...because they have zero clue on how critical fossil fuel is in their lives...
We will never stop using crude oil, lots more is made out of it than just fuel for cars and homes. And nobody is really saying we have to give up everything, that is a right wing talking point. All they are saying is, it is the time to start changing how our society gets its energy and does things. I am sure the people who ran livery stables at the turn of the century had all kinds of bad things to say about automobiles. But society decided to change the way they traveled. Now its time to change the way we power our lives. Millions of new jobs if done the right way.
Uh no , incase you don't notice, every dem running for potus has endorsed the green new deal which want total elimination of fossil fuels by 2030.

The Luddites ARE the Democratic Party,, they want to go backwards into trains, and ground the planes. Backwards to electric cars that were around long before fossil fueled cars

Fossil fuel will still power electric cars by fossil fuel power generation...when we get to 150 million electric cars on the road,, what size power station will we need for that&what will power the generation station?

Answer: fossil fuel

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by GRTfast » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:33 pm
rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm
dont give any of the losers on here any ideas.

they'll be suing for having pathetic lives.

i have an idea...since your country seems about evenly split 50 50 left and right. why dont the left just do what they propose? go off the grid, give up cars, computers, appliances, house heating and cooling, and anything that fossil fuels provides.

that will cut the USAs contribution to the environment by half. then when the other half sees how successful that worked, theyll jump on board for the other half. it would be an instant 50% cut in CO2 right

why do they need to sue or force the government on them, to do what they can do themselves?

they wont and cant...because they have zero clue on how critical fossil fuel is in their lives...
We will never stop using crude oil, lots more is made out of it than just fuel for cars and homes. And nobody is really saying we have to give up everything, that is a right wing talking point. All they are saying is, it is the time to start changing how our society gets its energy and does things. I am sure the people who ran livery stables at the turn of the century had all kinds of bad things to say about automobiles. But society decided to change the way they traveled. Now its time to change the way we power our lives. Millions of new jobs if done the right way.
Uh no , incase you don't notice, every dem running for potus has endorsed the green new deal which want total elimination of fossil fuels by 2030.

The Luddites ARE the Democratic Party,, they want to go backwards into trains, and ground the planes. Backwards to electric cars that were around long before fossil fueled cars

Fossil fuel will still power electric cars by fossil fuel power generation...when we get to 150 million electric cars on the road,, what size power station will we need for that&what will power the generation station?

Answer: fossil fuel
If you assume no paradigm shifting technological advances, your point stands. HOWEVER, history shows us that type of thinking is foolish. A good example I can think of comes from around 130 years ago. Many were worried that the increase in population in NYC was going to result in so many horses on the road that cleaning all their shit in a timely manner was going to be virtually impossible. Along comes the automobile, and viola, the problem is solved in a way that was never considered.

What happens in 10-15 years when someone figures out how to make a solar panel that is 90% efficient? A paradigm shift.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by gmrocket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:33 pm
rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 pm

We will never stop using crude oil, lots more is made out of it than just fuel for cars and homes. And nobody is really saying we have to give up everything, that is a right wing talking point. All they are saying is, it is the time to start changing how our society gets its energy and does things. I am sure the people who ran livery stables at the turn of the century had all kinds of bad things to say about automobiles. But society decided to change the way they traveled. Now its time to change the way we power our lives. Millions of new jobs if done the right way.
Uh no , incase you don't notice, every dem running for potus has endorsed the green new deal which want total elimination of fossil fuels by 2030.

The Luddites ARE the Democratic Party,, they want to go backwards into trains, and ground the planes. Backwards to electric cars that were around long before fossil fueled cars

Fossil fuel will still power electric cars by fossil fuel power generation...when we get to 150 million electric cars on the road,, what size power station will we need for that&what will power the generation station?

Answer: fossil fuel
If you assume no paradigm shifting technological advances, your point stands. HOWEVER, history shows us that type of thinking is foolish. A good example I can think of comes from around 130 years ago. Many were worried that the increase in population in NYC was going to result in so many horses on the road that cleaning all their shit in a timely manner was going to be virtually impossible. Along comes the automobile, and viola, the problem is solved in a way that was never considered.

What happens in 10-15 years when someone figures out how to make a solar panel that is 90% efficient? A paradigm shift.
absolutely...let it happen naturally....or as the econatzis would say, organically. i think there will be technology available sooner to harness, recapture or reuse CO2. before technology exists to get off fossil fuels 100%

people are quite willing to go with the flow when technology is advanced enough that it makes life better..

have you ever traveled to any third world countries to see how they absolutely trash the environment? countries with millions and millions of people where there are no sanitary sewer systems, no clean running water, mountains of trash piled up hundreds of feet high because they have zero garbage disposal..mostly trash gets burned or left to rot, or thrown in rivers. that massive plastic mound floating in the oceans is from asia

a dirt poor peasant in one of those countries, riding around on an old 2 stoke bike belching out diesel and oil, who uses dung for cooking food, has abut 8 kids who will grow up to do the same thing...has a way bigger carbon footprint than me...and the left wants me to feel guilty about my lifestyle then tax me into submission??

most of those places have millions and millions of very old 2 strokes and diesels..where you cant see 500 feet in front of you because of a thick haze.

ive been there a few times..even in places that are not shyt holes but are very developed...air quality , sanitation and water quality is dreadful. when i return home, i kiss the ground for living in a clean society.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8296
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: juliana verses the united states

Post by pdq67 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 am

I liked the picture of a little-bitty 2-stroke motorbike engine that had a wooden piston in it!!

He, He!!

Sucker ran too...

Here it is!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EngineeringPor ... otorcycle/

He, He!!

pdq67

Post Reply