And the green new deal fails again

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

And the green new deal fails again

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:40 pm

https://www.abqjournal.com/1246094/abq- ... ctric.html
So the electric buses won't work, so back to good old mineral fuels.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Re: And the green new deal fails again

Post by rebelrouser » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

First big problem, Chinese manufacture of the bus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Electric_Vehicles

Smith electric vehicles had been building electric delivery truck for decades, started out a milk delivery because they were quiet, and did not wake people up in the morning. Sad to say the company shut down.

Electric vehicles are coming no doubt about it. I have driven a few, some impressed me.

https://insideevs.com/chevy-ecopo-camar ... ond-video/

New electric COPO Camaro got into the 9's

One day they will get it right

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 pm

rebelrouser wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Smith electric vehicles had been building electric delivery truck for decades, started out a milk delivery because they were quiet, and did not wake people up in the morning. Sad to say the company shut down.

Electric vehicles are coming no doubt about it. I have driven a few, some impressed me.

I drove a P75D Tesla a month or so ago. Wow. It's the "slow" one and it pulls like a freight train. 60 in under 4 seconds on high mileage street radials.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Yeah good old magnetic motors are way better than ICE. They aren't going to work though if they need batterys as the energy storage medium though.
The manufacture of batterys is way detrimental to the environment, and then there is the disposal of the nasty chemicals at scrap time.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:10 pm

exhaustgases wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:46 pm
Yeah good old magnetic motors are way better than ICE. They aren't going to work though if they need batterys as the energy storage medium though.
The manufacture of batterys is way detrimental to the environment, and then there is the disposal of the nasty chemicals at scrap time.
Yeah, batteries don't work.

emsvitil

Post by emsvitil » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Fight Obesity.............

Pedal car buses.

:mrgreen:
Ed

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:21 pm

rebelrouser wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

I took the time to read through the history of the Smith electric vehicle history,, only because I was taking a long dump.. so might as well read some shyt about electric cars right

For those who didn't read it, here's a condensed version

Smith has made electric vehicles since about 1920

About 90 years later they descide to get really serious πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„, By going after some market share in his USA... why not? After all it's climate change hysteria in the US right, electric car dreams are at euphoric levels,, then Obama, the messiah, starts throwing cash at electric car companies and anything "green". Plus incentives to buy these vehicles,, the U.K. Follows along with cash and insentives ...

They move most of the operation and "brains " to the USA and set up shop...so now it's around the 95th year of this companies operation..around 2010 thru 2012/13. Obama also gives over 30 MILLION to really get this incredible idea into the big leagues..so 95 years strong now, plus 30 million, plus 36 million from other investors, plus incentives, plus company tax breaks.. plus plus plus.. now it's 2014/2015

If this wasn't the perfect scenario for success, then nothing is...

Then BAMM... in 2017 , the company shuts down and closes all operations.. all that history, technological innovation, years of operation without any government "assistance ". It goes under "with" government help?

What an absolute farse..in 8 or 9 years it will be the 200th anniversary of electric powered car history.

At this rate we'll be driving electric cars in about 200 years from now...Maybe

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:29 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

" If this wasn't the perfect scenario for success, then nothing is...

Then BAMM... in 2017 , the company shuts down and closes all operations.. all that history, technological innovation, years of operation without any government "assistance ". It goes under "with" government help? "

Sounds as if somebody got smart and cut and ran!!

If Smith Electric Vehicles would have just made vehicles and fucking sold them, they might have survived?? But it appeared to be one great big run-a-round trying to get money instead of making and selling electric vehicles. As always, jmho..

I would think that no more than fleets of electric mail jeeps would be a real winner IF they were sold at a decent price AND held up!! BUT I don't know what their driving range would need to be??

pdq67

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:35 pm

It's just like a wet dream for the lefties... until the many problems are solved, and there are many

There isn't hope...crap, 200 years worth of trying and it's still like day one?

Can anyone guess what they used to do with spent batteries from way back then?

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:53 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Can anyone guess what they used to do with spent batteries from way back then?"

Sure, they neutralized the acid and then separated the cases and then melted down the lead!

Oh, and btw, the last primary lead smelter in the Country was Doe Run, Herculaneum, MO and it's long gone. I have been to it twice before I retired.

And the EPA is going after the secondary smelters just as fast and as hard as it can to get rid of them. We will buy our batteries from China and send them back for recycling!

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 pm

pdq67 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:53 am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Can anyone guess what they used to do with spent batteries from way back then?"

Sure, they neutralized the acid and then separated the cases and then melted down the lead!

Oh, and btw, the last primary lead smelter in the Country was Doe Run, Herculaneum, MO and it's long gone. I have been to it twice before I retired.

And the EPA is going after the secondary smelters just as fast and as hard as it can to get rid of them. We will buy our batteries from China and send them back for recycling!

pdq67
And like lithium ion battery's from china, they all go up in smoke, and your house too if your garage you park in is part of it.
As long as battery's are the norm for electric cars its just not going to happen. And besides the demoncrats don't want you to even have an electric car it offers too much freedom. They want all the minions riding trains and busses. And living in "communes" <--- you know communism. =D>

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pdq67
And like lithium ion battery's from china, they all go up in smoke, and your house too if your garage you park in is part of it.
As long as battery's are the norm for electric cars its just not going to happen. And besides the demoncrats don't want you to even have an electric car it offers too much freedom. They want all the minions riding trains and busses. And living in "communes" <--- you know communism. =D>

Years and years ago, I was up in Canada and asked why all the big high-rises and was told that LAND and TAXES for single dwelling living space was so expensive that they generally lived in the high-rises!

Talk about their fu*king Gov. controlling them!!

pdq67

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:40 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pdq67
Well, long before that ....scrap batteries were thrown in the nearest deep body of water..

Like a lake or the ocean..

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:32 pm
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pdq67

Years and years ago, I was up in Canada and asked why all the big high-rises and was told that LAND and TAXES for single dwelling living space was so expensive that they generally lived in the high-rises!

Talk about their fu*king Gov. controlling them!!

pdq67
And so funny, and for those nonthinking idiots, could they figure out why all that was so expensive? In Daniel Boon days land was free and had no taxes, does anyone see a problem ? There is plenty of land, the deep state's don't want anyone to have it, can't have free land that you aren't being forced to work for, because then you would have real freedom.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:21 am

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!