Police Sources: ‘Smollett’s story is very likely not true’, according to report

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Re: Police Sources: ‘Smollett’s story is very likely not true’, according to report

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 pm

pffftt, this has nothing to do with politics.
If this plays out as it looks, this is an epic personal ego PR disaster.
A fellow that probably thinks he is the next Denzel but in reality is just another average gay actor.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Police Sources: ‘Smollett’s story is very likely not true’, according to report

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 pm
pffftt, this has nothing to do with politics.
If this plays out as it looks, this is an epic personal ego PR disaster.
A fellow that probably thinks he is the next Denzel but in reality is just another average gay actor.
Politicians jumped on the Smollett band wagon such as Pamela Harris, so yes it does have a political leaning.

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Well ....he got what he wanted. An audience.
If what comes out is true, I wonder what the righteous anger will turn into.
Sharpton has already jumped ship. No surprise there I guess.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:51 pm

So there!!

Game Over, Jussie: Smollett Formally Charged For Planning Fake Hate Crime
Well, it’s over for Jussie Smollett. His tale of a racially motivated attack on January 29 led to the liberal media jumping the gun. The tale quickly fell apart, and now he’s being formally charged for orchestrating his own hate crime by the Chicago Police Department. Smollett, an actor of the Fox series “Empire,” alleged that two white men assaulted him on that freezing cold night, punching him, poured bleach on him, and then put a rope around his neck. As it turned out, it was two Nigerian brothers, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who knew the actor. One was his former personal trainer while the other was an extra on the show. They allegedly were paid by Smollett, had rehearsed the so-called assault, and even bought the rope used in the fake assault. Surveillance footage was released today showing the brothers buying the supplies used in the faux hate crime. As Beth noted earlier, Smollett was also not seen as the victim anymore by police, but a suspect in this incident. Now, the game is over (via NYT):

Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who said he was the victim of a hate crime, was indicted Wednesday night by an Illinois grand jury that found probable cause that he had actually staged the assault he reported to Chicago police in January.

Law enforcement officials said a grand jury had decided that Mr. Smollett falsely reported being attacked in a case that quickly drew national attention, and charged him with a felony count of disorderly conduct.

Mr. Smollett, who is black and openly gay, had told the police that, while walking in downtown Chicago, he had been confronted by masked men who hurled homophobic and racial slurs at him, and announced it was “MAGA country,” a reference to President Trump’s campaign slogan.

[…]

In a statement Wednesday evening, the Chicago police said Mr. Smollet “is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury.”

From the start, investigators had difficulty corroborating Mr. Smollett’s story, even with about a dozen detectives assigned to the case.

No surveillance cameras caught the attack. There were no witnesses. He had not reported it from the scene, and when he got home was still wearing a noose that he said the perpetrators had placed around his neck.

Investigators, though, were able to track two men who appeared on video footage not far from the scene that night. Using ride share data, they discovered the two were brothers who in fact knew Mr. Smollett. One had acted as an extra on “Empire.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... e-n2541971
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Lock him up, lock him up, lock the racist up. :D I might add that IMHO this being Chicago and all, he will ask for a jury trial and his peers will acquit him.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 pm

Someone mentioned that this has nothing to do with politics. :mrgreen:

Headline: "Maxine Waters: "I know Jussie. I love him. His family’s a friend of mine. I know his mom"

Story: "Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) blamed President Trump for an alleged hate crime attack against ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett. She made her comments during an interview with The Giro on Tuesday.

Smollett was allegedly attacked by two men who put a noose around his head, yelling “this is MAGA country.” The attack took place in a liberal area surrounded by liberal areas. The police cannot find any evidence to corroborate Smollett’s story. Maxine is blaming Trump!

“I know Jussie. I love him. His family’s a friend of mine. I know his sisters, I know his mom, and I called already to Jazz, one of the sisters, to talk to her about what’s happening, about what’s going on,” Waters told The Giro."

http://www.independentsentinel.com/maxi ... -smollett/

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 pm

It's everything to do with politics

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:08 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 pm
It's everything to do with politics
It sure does.

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:03 am

I said that.
Let"s step back and look at who is who.
On one side you have all the usual suspects jumping in and wringing their hands to get their look at me TV time.
On Smollet's side I say that his motivation was self serving and not political.
The hat, noose and dialogue were simply sympathy props. A means to an end.
SO
There is nothing more self serving than politics these days.
So We could say that the sum of this is that everyone involved is self serving.
So...I guess you folks are right. It is politics.

The cool thing here is all the political, hollywood idiots, etc all look like fools.
It has been decades since Orson Wells got this many people to buy into a hoax so I guess, good for Smollet.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:02 am

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 am

The biggest hoax is the Mueller investigation. It was based on the fake dossier generated by the 'Clinton campaign.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:47 am

The yuuuuuge winner in all this?

Trump... who has been calling out the fake news for over two years now.

So they get sucked into a fake story, do zero journalistic investigation, pump out the fake story, while at the same time laying it all at trumps feet.

So then every democratic presidential hopeful,, screams YA YA,, it's all his fault..

Then BAMM,, its FAKE

Trump couldn't plan this any better ,, it's a gift, of pure gold,,it's worth millions in advertising towards his 2020 run...

So then yesterday the Bernie announced he's in the running....because of the usual RACISM, LIES and HOMOPHOBIA,,,, bwahahaha

Just days after one of the biggest racist, homophobic lies in America

You go Bernie

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Only the current facts, as in what we know now. Did the MSM correct the reports as new facts came out ? Trumpy bear never corrects his lies and that is quite different from reporting up to date information. Why this is not obvious is the question..

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 pm

And what a peace of shit he is . Throw the book at him.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:57 pm

He is like Hiiiilllllllaaaaaaaaaaarrry he will walk free and clear, demoncrats make laws they don't have to follow them, as they all are basically exempt.