IRA CD & CD Interest Rates!!

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

IRA CD & CD Interest Rates!!

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks to President Trump my IRA savings money is now making 2.67% APY in an IRA CD I opened up on January 2nd 2019, which is up 1.67% from the 1% APY that it was making last year at another bank! =D>

I was so impressed that I opened up another regular 12 month CD account that is paying 2.60 % APY. Got some extra cash to play with so each month I'll be opening up more so I can make a little more money on that also.

MAGA!! =D> =D>
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

woody b
Guru
Guru

Re: IRA CD & CD Interest Rates!!

Post by woody b » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm

I had a couple CD,s mature that were paying basically nothing. I renewed the one at the credit union for a better rate but I opened a new one at Wells Fargo for 2.15%. Wells Fargo is the bank of choice for gun makers, so I figured I needed to give them some business. I also opened a checking account there that pays a little interest (0.05% with a $5k balance). The locally owned bank I've used for years was bought out by a big company a couple years ago. My checking account there only pays 0.01% interest ($10K minimum balance). Their cd rates went to basically nothing after the buyout. I've got a "free, no minimum balance" checking account at one of the big branch banks. I only keep a small amount of money in it to use for online purchases.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: IRA CD & CD Interest Rates!!

Post by gmrocket » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 pm

That's called WINNING!