Trump lies

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6923
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Trump lies

Post by David Redszus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Not every vote has equal value. A misinformed, uneducated and fraudulent vote should not have the same value as yours; but it does. But in our system, every vote counts the same, even illegals and felons.

Most often, we vote for a certain personality rather than for policies or platforms. This is mostly true for Presidential (our only national election) but not for local and state elections.

While votes for losing candidates may not decide the outcome, they still indicate the popularity of candidates or policies.

In 2016, as many Republicans voted against Hillary as did vote for Trump. And we narrowly dodged a very large and deadly bullet.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3740
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Trump lies

Post by gmrocket » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 pm
mk e wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:25 pm

The way I see it, you and I both voted for a candidate who lost.
We did......but your vote never had a chance of mattering, mine very nearly did matter quite a lot.
:lol:

I'd rather look at myself in the mirror and know I voted for someone who I thought was the best person on the ballot for the job. It would feel cheap and dirty if I rationalized voting for what I perceived as the lesser of two horrible choices because "my vote very nearly mattered".

To each his own I guess.
I I I I I I, six I's

Your selfish...only thinking about yourself , not the country. Those who voted for trump did so because it was best for the country, not themselves

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1921
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump lies

Post by GRTfast » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 pm
mk e wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 pm


We did......but your vote never had a chance of mattering, mine very nearly did matter quite a lot.
:lol:

I'd rather look at myself in the mirror and know I voted for someone who I thought was the best person on the ballot for the job. It would feel cheap and dirty if I rationalized voting for what I perceived as the lesser of two horrible choices because "my vote very nearly mattered".

To each his own I guess.
I I I I I I, six I's

Your selfish...only thinking about yourself , not the country. Those who voted for trump did so because it was best for the country, not themselves
So you think voting for hilllary would have been better for you? :lol:


What part of “I thought he was the best person on the balllot for the job” did you not understand?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3740
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Trump lies

Post by gmrocket » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 pm


:lol:

I'd rather look at myself in the mirror and know I voted for someone who I thought was the best person on the ballot for the job. It would feel cheap and dirty if I rationalized voting for what I perceived as the lesser of two horrible choices because "my vote very nearly mattered".

To each his own I guess.
I I I I I I, six I's

Your selfish...only thinking about yourself , not the country. Those who voted for trump did so because it was best for the country, not themselves
So you think voting for hilllary would have been better for you? :lol:


What part of “I thought he was the best person on the balllot for the job” did you not understand?
you thought wrong

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1921
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump lies

Post by GRTfast » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm


I I I I I I, six I's

Your selfish...only thinking about yourself , not the country. Those who voted for trump did so because it was best for the country, not themselves
So you think voting for hilllary would have been better for you? :lol:


What part of “I thought he was the best person on the balllot for the job” did you not understand?
you thought wrong
You aren’t even making sense. You’re just make little “gotcha” quips that don’t follow each other.

I get it that you think Trump was the best choice for the country. I disagree. You and your ilk seem to find every positive thing happening in the country and attribute it to Trump, while simultaneously ignoring his entire administration crumbling around him. They guy is a sad joke AT BEST. America was great before he was president, and continues to be despite his best efforts.

You’ve been conned, but you’ll never admit it. Quintuppling down on stupid is the motto of Trump and his minions.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3740
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Trump lies

Post by gmrocket » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12 pm

MAGA

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5379
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Trump lies

Post by mk e » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 am

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 pm
I get it that you think Trump was the best choice for the country.
He lives is Canada so he likely didn't vote, at least not in the US....not legally anyway...but I've heard the border states arrange Canadians voting busses to swing the elections in those states.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1921
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump lies

Post by GRTfast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:57 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12 pm
MAGA
Now there’s an intelligent response. Repeat the propaganda that you swallowed hook line and sinker. Wow.

Post Reply