Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by David Redszus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:55 am

Does that all mean the credit card bill is in the mail ?
I asked the credit card company to send my credit card bill to the DNC or to AOC's office for payment.
For some strange reason they refused to do so.

Now I'll have to try to find someone else to pay mu bills. Damn.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3808
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by gmrocket » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am

Ken0069 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 am
You lefties have no sense of humor
They ARE good for a laugh daily though with the fairy tales they keep posting on here ad nauseam! Image
I don't even feel guilty for harassing the mentally challenged

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1946
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by GRTfast » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am
Ken0069 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 am
You lefties have no sense of humor
They ARE good for a laugh daily though with the fairy tales they keep posting on here ad nauseam! Image
I don't even feel guilty for harassing the mentally challenged
Now THAT is funny.... but not for the reason you think.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5199
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by j-c-c » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm
The final conclusion of capitalism is, one single person eventually has all the capital, There is no limit to greed. There is no safeguard in pure capitalism to stymie this outcome. Until that day arrives, we step by step, make that journey.
With all due respect, that is a totally incorrect position regarding capitalism. Where did you get such an idea?
Does that mean Capitalism is a bad system or one that can't be tamed, no, but one that first needs to recognize it for what it is, and accept its potential downsides, in trying to keep it under control.
And just what are the potential downsides to capitalism?

Your declaration to #1 is unsupported here.

#1 above answers #2 above.

Ever seen a true capitalist with enough capital?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5199
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by j-c-c » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 am
Facts are pesky little things that often get in the way of a political narrative (i.e. bullshiit).

Federal government revenue as a percentage of GDP has remained quite stable over the years.
Year.......% of GDP
2000........19.70
2007........17.76
2017........17.01

Consider that federal tax revenues constitute only about one half of total tax revenues
when we include state and local taxes we find:
Year........Total tax revenue
2017...........$6.08 trillion
2018............6.27
2019 est........6.54
2020 est........6.89

But the above numbers are revenues, not deficits or national debt. When we look at
annual deficits by year we can see where the national debt ballooned.
Year......Deficit/GDP......$ (billions)
2007.........1.1%
2008.........3.1.............459
2009.........9.8...........1413
2010.........8.6...........1294
2011.........8.3...........1300
2012.........6.7...........1087

2013.........4.0............679
2014.........2.7............485
2015.........2.4............438
2016.........3.1............585
2017.........3.4............665

The red numbers are Obama years when we spent trillions in a failed attempt to
turn the economy around. But in all fairness, remember that Congress spends the money and
creates deficits and not the President.


While much is discussed regarding the federal tax rates and revenue, an equally severe
problem is state and local excessive spending.
In fairness, "failed" is an unsupported hit job, and conveniently omits who left the sinking/stinking/crashing economy in OB's lap.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by David Redszus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:04 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 am
Facts are pesky little things that often get in the way of a political narrative (i.e. bullshiit).

Federal government revenue as a percentage of GDP has remained quite stable over the years.
Year.......% of GDP
2000........19.70
2007........17.76
2017........17.01

Consider that federal tax revenues constitute only about one half of total tax revenues
when we include state and local taxes we find:
Year........Total tax revenue
2017...........$6.08 trillion
2018............6.27
2019 est........6.54
2020 est........6.89

But the above numbers are revenues, not deficits or national debt. When we look at
annual deficits by year we can see where the national debt ballooned.
Year......Deficit/GDP......$ (billions)
2007.........1.1%
2008.........3.1.............459
2009.........9.8...........1413
2010.........8.6...........1294
2011.........8.3...........1300
2012.........6.7...........1087

2013.........4.0............679
2014.........2.7............485
2015.........2.4............438
2016.........3.1............585
2017.........3.4............665

The red numbers are Obama years when we spent trillions in a failed attempt to
turn the economy around. But in all fairness, remember that Congress spends the money and
creates deficits and not the President.


While much is discussed regarding the federal tax rates and revenue, an equally severe
problem is state and local excessive spending.
In fairness, "failed" is an unsupported hit job, and conveniently omits who left the sinking/stinking/crashing economy in OB's lap.
Could it possibly be an overspending Democrap controlled Congress? And then, who made matters even worse? Barry did.
Just like FDR did.
Last edited by David Redszus on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by David Redszus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Your declaration to #1 is unsupported here.

#1 above answers #2 above.
What's with the senseless mumbo jumbo? Say something useful.
Ever seen a true capitalist with enough capital?
Yes, considering that every small businessman and shopkeeper is a Capitalist.

It is becoming clear that you either failed basic economics or never thought it mattered.
I would recommend Heilbronner, The Worldly Philosophers.for a quick overview of economic history of the Western World.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am


gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3808
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by gmrocket » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm

What's up skippy?

Can't you speak for yourself

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:19 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm
What's up skippy?

Can't you speak for yourself
Why yes richard i can, and i say you know nothing about socialism. Can you name a country that fits your description of a socialist country ?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5199
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by j-c-c » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 pm
Your declaration to #1 is unsupported here.

#1 above answers #2 above.
What's with the senseless mumbo jumbo? Say something useful.
Ever seen a true capitalist with enough capital?
Yes, considering that every small businessman and shopkeeper is a Capitalist.

It is becoming clear that you either failed basic economics or never thought it mattered.
I would recommend Heilbronner, The Worldly Philosophers.for a quick overview of economic history of the Western World.

"mumbo jumbo", yet you cannot craft a single reasoned question to gain any further enlightenment?
Be honest, just another verbal hit job on your part when feeling positionally cornered in a discussion.

And No, every small businessman that is not gaining further capital is likely one that has already reached his level of incompetence, and likely is already being bested by another small businessman approaching his higher level of incompetence. Competemce in this discussion can be altered by luck or scruples or both.

Show me an economics source that says there is a real world finite limit to owning capital or the greed trying to achieve it.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5034
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:27 pm

I see jcc is back to his / her Stalinist babble.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:29 am

Such “socialism, American style,” can produce odd reversals of conservative-liberal political alignments. ... There are, in fact, already more than 2,000 publicly owned electric utilities that, along with cooperatives, supply more than 25 percent of the country's electricity, now operating throughout the United States.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 am

What does the 22 000 000 000 000 represent other than a capitalist credit card . I am asking because it sure looks like a non partisan issue and represents a system that has a major flaw. I could be wrong.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Millenials prefer communism&socilaism.

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... threat.amp

“Ultimately, the debt impacts our ability to fund priorities, like providing our men and women in uniform with the resources they need to protect Americans,” Perdue said. “This debt crisis will only get worse, and if we don’t act now, our country will lose the ability to do the right thing.”

Tax cut anyone ? You can argue climate all day but sticking you head in the sand on debt will not be good. Whare are the fiscal conservative Republicans???

Who is going to pay and when?

Post Reply