Is China's rise inevitable? What are the implications?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: Is China's rise inevitable? What are the implications?

Post by gmrocket » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:13 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm
The CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei was arrested in Canada yesterday for extradition to the USA. She is the daughter of the head honcho

This is big...china is pissed and demanded her release.

The markets are reacting to this and it could hurt the trade talks..most likely

If people don't wake up and realize we are in an economic war with China and an intellectual property mess....china will destroy us, which they are well on their way in doing

Trump is doing his best on the intellectual property theft...which previous administrations have completely ignored.

This arrest will shake things up and expose what china is doing right under our noses

You useless fvcks who are worried about seal levels rising in 100 years and plastic straw bans need to get your head out of your azzes..
Both problems are a threat. Ignoring facts that don’t fit your political safe space makes you a stupid, ignorant fvck.
So I'm right, and your mad.

Gotcha...

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm
The CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei was arrested in Canada yesterday for extradition to the USA. She is the daughter of the head honcho

This is big...china is pissed and demanded her release.

The markets are reacting to this and it could hurt the trade talks..most likely

If people don't wake up and realize we are in an economic war with China and an intellectual property mess....china will destroy us, which they are well on their way in doing

Trump is doing his best on the intellectual property theft...which previous administrations have completely ignored.

This arrest will shake things up and expose what china is doing right under our noses

You useless fvcks who are worried about seal levels rising in 100 years and plastic straw bans need to get your head out of your azzes..
Both problems are a threat. Ignoring facts that don’t fit your political safe space makes you a stupid, ignorant fvck.

Gotcha...
A swing and a miss.

I’m making fun of you because you’re triggered. :lol

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

Gotcha...
A swing and a miss.

You agreed with me and I'm triggered...🤡

Did the "intellectual" property throw you off?

Hahahahahha

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

Gotcha...
A swing and a miss.

Hahahahahha
I’m talking about the climate change issue you mentioned. Try and keep up.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 pm
GRTfast wrote:

A swing and a miss.

Hahahahahha
I’m talking about the climate change issue you mentioned. Try and keep up.
Trump said it's a hoax...duuuh.

Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 pm

China most certainly steals IP. Many contract manufacturers demand all the designs for things before they will produce them. I've personally seen products I've worked on ripped off (to the best of their ability, even though they were never manufactured there). They tried to duplicate every detail.

From what I've experienced from their culture, they are more impatient. That coupled with their detrimental definition of failure, are the two biggest weakness from a technology standpoint. Employment turnover is high in Asian companies. They believe it's more about "moving up", and if they dont get it, they leave. People in America tend to take pride in mastery, although we seem to have an increase in salary chasing folks from the younger generations.

And as far as failure. Again, from personal experience, their definition is much different than ours. To them, failure is when something doesn't go exactly to plan. And for them, this is considered very shameful. The side effect is cover ups, deflection, hiding behind strict agreements, or outright lying. I've seen them all. As for most here, failure is when you give up trying. Something not going to plan is how you learn. Failure is when you give up in the face of challenge instead of pushing on.

So yeah. I think they still have a way to go. But time will tell.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 am

Zmechanic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 pm
China most certainly steals IP. Many contract manufacturers demand all the designs for things before they will produce them. I've personally seen products I've worked on ripped off (to the best of their ability, even though they were never manufactured there). They tried to duplicate every detail.

From what I've experienced from their culture, they are more impatient. That coupled with their detrimental definition of failure, are the two biggest weakness from a technology standpoint. Employment turnover is high in Asian companies. They believe it's more about "moving up", and if they dont get it, they leave. People in America tend to take pride in mastery, although we seem to have an increase in salary chasing folks from the younger generations.

And as far as failure. Again, from personal experience, their definition is much different than ours. To them, failure is when something doesn't go exactly to plan. And for them, this is considered very shameful. The side effect is cover ups, deflection, hiding behind strict agreements, or outright lying. I've seen them all. As for most here, failure is when you give up trying. Something not going to plan is how you learn. Failure is when you give up in the face of challenge instead of pushing on.

So yeah. I think they still have a way to go. But time will tell.
That is a business decision, and if the equation is immediate cheap production costs vs long term intellectual property retention, its clear to me who is being short sided in the process. I assuming this is a business to business agreement, not government enforced, correct?