Is China's rise inevitable? What are the implications?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

howey

Is China's rise inevitable? What are the implications?

Post by howey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm

There are many people who have labelled the 20th century as the American century and the 21st, they say, will be the Asian century. China, being the dominant economy in Asia, is aiming to become the largest economy in the world. Many of those same analysts talk as though it is inevitable.

Is it inevitable in your eyes?

If China's economy does become the largest, what are the consequences?

My perception, from afar, is that there is an element of pride in America that is associated with being the biggest and best. If "biggest" is taken away, does "best" automatically follow?

I'm genuinely curious. My personal view is that China's population and development trajectory mean that they will be almost impossible to contain.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Is China's rise inevitable? What are the implications?

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 pm

They are already there.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Yes, and there are more Chinese that speak English then there are Americans, ponder that accomplishment.

If you goal is to "contain" you lose be default. If your goal is take the higher road, we got a head star,t although we are going backwards at the moment

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 am

for the last recorded 4,000 years of history, 3,500 of those years china was the dominant civilization on the planet. Is it any wonder they are slowly returning to that position? My son has worked a little in China and he tells me that every business person he meets with makes mention that China will soon become the world power again.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Dominant, only in their part of the world as I see them.

And I also figure that to be a REAL economic powerhouse, they need to really GROW their middle class, but doing so might cause their Commie type Gov. problems!

pdq67

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm

I wonder what repercussions/vulnerabilities the Chinese have regarding climate change?

Sea level rise is not high on the list for them?

Since they are the current, and will in all likelihood remain the world largest climate change contributor, and if they adopt DT philosophy of "China First", what workable leverage will the world have to induce China to reduce their contribution to the crisis?

I don't see an abundance of historical altruism emanating from China.

The US is losing the moral High ground in the world on many fronts and will lose that weapon.

This might get rather ugly, as Bully's always attract weaker vulnerable sidekicks for their own security, in the bully's shadow,

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Some missionaries from my church just got thrown out of China.

They abort babies and especially girls on a regular basis ( i don't know what the statistics are)

A mans life isn't worth much in China.

I'm not a prophet nor the son of a prophet but i don't see good things in China's future.

However I will say on a positive note that i've heard that huge numbers of chinese are turning to the Lord every day and the underground church has endured much persecution which strengthens them greatly.

Is China really getting stronger or are the western nations just getting weaker by comparison ?

Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm
I wonder what repercussions/vulnerabilities the Chinese have regarding climate change?

Basically none. The rising sea level will eat cities....but that just means more construction jobs on higher ground. Everything is the state's so there really is no cost or massive losses when the most valuable land vanishes....they just take the land thats left.

The concern in China is pollution driven health care costs....that is their motivation in joining a climate deal that make energy costs rise for everyone.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm

mk e wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm
j-c-c wrote:

Basically none. The rising sea level will eat cities....but that just means more construction jobs on higher ground. Everything is the state's so there really is no cost or massive losses when the most valuable land vanishes....they just take the land thats left.

The concern in China is pollution driven health care costs....that is their motivation in joining a climate deal that make energy costs rise for everyone.
But CO2 emissions, a main driver for climate change, is not considered a direct health risk, correct?

Although reducing use of say coal does reduce health risks and CO2. I just see china in a decade or so, saying, its YOUR problem, you deal with it.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm

The CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei was arrested in Canada yesterday for extradition to the USA. She is the daughter of the head honcho

This is big...china is pissed and demanded her release.

The markets are reacting to this and it could hurt the trade talks..most likely

If people don't wake up and realize we are in an economic war with China and an intellectual property mess....china will destroy us, which they are well on their way in doing

Trump is doing his best on the intellectual property theft...which previous administrations have completely ignored.

This arrest will shake things up and expose what china is doing right under our noses

You useless fvcks who are worried about seal levels rising in 100 years and plastic straw bans need to get your head out of your azzes..

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm
mk e wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm
j-c-c wrote:

But CO2 emissions, a main driver for climate change, is not considered a direct health risk, correct?

Although reducing use of say coal does reduce health risks and CO2. I just see china in a decade or so, saying, its YOUR problem, you deal with it.
Right. Their issue is the soot from burning coal, much like the issues London and most western cities faced some time back. Thet need to cut way back on coal.

Coal also makes CO2, so for them having everyone drop it in the name of CO2 works out fine.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm
You useless fvcks who are worried about seal levels rising in 100 years and plastic straw bans need to get your head out of your azzes..
Lucky for you, you will not be around in hundred years while your grand kids ride around in glass bottom boats reading the street signs under water in Miami, while they ask, "what were they thinking back then?"

Be sure to leave a memoir that your newest latest full gadget cheap imported cell phone was the bomb back then.. #-o

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm

China looks at America as a bunch of fools. I see their point.

While America argues about gender identity, plastic straws, old songs with subliminal messages for 2018, Russian collusion...and 50 other whacky useless things,,,the Chinese are surpassing the west on so many fronts..

Normal people see this, and so does trump..he was saying this about the Chinese 20 years ago.

The funny thing is , the Chinese love trump and respect him.

Because the Chinese respect someone who speaks their mind and has power. They really dislike wimps ...look how they treat Justin Trudeau,, he's a dork&they know it.

Just like they thought Obama was a jerk,, they have him zero respect

The Chinese want in on our 5 network technology,, that's a huge red flag!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:24 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm
China looks at America as a bunch of fools. I see their point.

While America argues about gender identity, plastic straws, old songs with subliminal messages for 2018, Russian collusion...and 50 other whacky useless things,,,the Chinese are surpassing the west on so many fronts..

Normal people see this, and so does trump..he was saying this about the Chinese 20 years ago.

The funny thing is , the Chinese love trump and respect him.

Because the Chinese respect someone who speaks their mind and has power. They really dislike wimps ...look how they treat Justin Trudeau,, he's a dork&they know it.

Just like they thought Obama was a jerk,, they have him zero respect

The Chinese want in on our 5 network technology,, that's a huge red flag!
The prime minister explained at the time that he had a “frank” conversation with the prince on the killing, Saudi Arabia’s involvement in Yemen and jailed activists.

At least he confronted the little murderous mob boss.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:13 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm
The CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei was arrested in Canada yesterday for extradition to the USA. She is the daughter of the head honcho

This is big...china is pissed and demanded her release.

The markets are reacting to this and it could hurt the trade talks..most likely

If people don't wake up and realize we are in an economic war with China and an intellectual property mess....china will destroy us, which they are well on their way in doing

Trump is doing his best on the intellectual property theft...which previous administrations have completely ignored.

This arrest will shake things up and expose what china is doing right under our noses

Both problems are a threat. Ignoring facts that don’t fit your political safe space makes you a stupid, ignorant fvck.