Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9377
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm

More waiting at the border in the "caravan". [-X

"A majority of “non-citizens,” including those with legal green card rights, are tapping into welfare programs set up to help poor and ailing Americans, a Census Bureau finding that bolsters President Trump’s concern about immigrants costing the nation.
In a new analysis of the latest numbers, from 2014, 63 percent of non-citizens are using a welfare program, and it grows to 70 percent for those here 10 years or more, confirming another concern that once immigrants tap into welfare, they don’t get off it. numbers-welfare-18-f1.jpg
The Center for Immigration Studies said in its report that the numbers give support for Trump’s plan to cut non-citizens off welfare from the “public charge” if they want a green card that allows them to legally work in the United States.
“The Trump administration has proposed new ‘public charge’ rules making it harder for prospective immigrants to qualify for lawful permanent residence -- green cards -- if they use or are likely to use U.S. welfare programs,” said CIS.
“Concern over immigrant welfare use is justified, as households headed by non-citizens use means-tested welfare at high rates. Non-citizens in the data include illegal immigrants, long-term temporary visitors like guest workers, and permanent residents who have not naturalized. While barriers to welfare use exist for these groups, it has not prevented them from making extensive use of the welfare system, often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children,” added the Washington-based immigration think tank.
The numbers are huge. The report said that there are 4,684,784 million non-citizen households receiving welfare.
And nearly all, 4,370,385, have at least one worker in the house..
In their report, Steven A. Camarota, the director of research, and Karen Zeigler, a demographer at the Center, said that in census data, about half of those are in the United States illegally.
Their key findings in the analysis:
In 2014, 63 percent of households headed by a non-citizen reported that they used at least one welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native-headed households.
Welfare use drops to 58 percent for non-citizen households and 30 percent for native households if cash payments from the Earned Income Tax Credit are not counted as welfare. EITC recipients pay no federal income tax. Like other welfare, the EITC is a means-tested, anti-poverty program, but unlike other programs one has to work to receive it
Compared to native households, non-citizen households have much higher use of food programs (45 percent vs. 21 percent for natives) and Medicaid (50 percent vs. 23 percent for natives).
Including the EITC, 31 percent of non-citizen-headed households receive cash welfare, compared to 19 percent of native households. If the EITC is not included, then cash receipt by non-citizen households is slightly lower than natives (6 percent vs. 8 percent).
While most new legal immigrants (green card holders) are barred from most welfare programs, as are illegal immigrants and temporary visitors, these provisions have only a modest impact on non-citizen household use rates because: 1) most legal immigrants have been in the country long enough to qualify; 2) the bar does not apply to all programs, nor does it always apply to non-citizen children; 3) some states provide welfare to new immigrants on their own; and, most importantly, 4) non-citizens (including illegal immigrants) can receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children who are awarded U.S. citizenship and full welfare eligibility at birth."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... households

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by j-c-c » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

New report coming in, a majority of the people in hospitals are sick. :roll:

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm
More waiting at the border in the "caravan". [-X

"A majority of “non-citizens,” including those with legal green card rights, are tapping into welfare programs set up to help poor and ailing Americans, a Census Bureau finding that bolsters President Trump’s concern about immigrants costing the nation.
In a new analysis of the latest numbers, from 2014, 63 percent of non-citizens are using a welfare program, and it grows to 70 percent for those here 10 years or more, confirming another concern that once immigrants tap into welfare, they don’t get off it. numbers-welfare-18-f1.jpg
The Center for Immigration Studies said in its report that the numbers give support for Trump’s plan to cut non-citizens off welfare from the “public charge” if they want a green card that allows them to legally work in the United States.
“The Trump administration has proposed new ‘public charge’ rules making it harder for prospective immigrants to qualify for lawful permanent residence -- green cards -- if they use or are likely to use U.S. welfare programs,” said CIS.
“Concern over immigrant welfare use is justified, as households headed by non-citizens use means-tested welfare at high rates. Non-citizens in the data include illegal immigrants, long-term temporary visitors like guest workers, and permanent residents who have not naturalized. While barriers to welfare use exist for these groups, it has not prevented them from making extensive use of the welfare system, often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children,” added the Washington-based immigration think tank.
The numbers are huge. The report said that there are 4,684,784 million non-citizen households receiving welfare.
And nearly all, 4,370,385, have at least one worker in the house..
In their report, Steven A. Camarota, the director of research, and Karen Zeigler, a demographer at the Center, said that in census data, about half of those are in the United States illegally.
Their key findings in the analysis:
In 2014, 63 percent of households headed by a non-citizen reported that they used at least one welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native-headed households.
Welfare use drops to 58 percent for non-citizen households and 30 percent for native households if cash payments from the Earned Income Tax Credit are not counted as welfare. EITC recipients pay no federal income tax. Like other welfare, the EITC is a means-tested, anti-poverty program, but unlike other programs one has to work to receive it
Compared to native households, non-citizen households have much higher use of food programs (45 percent vs. 21 percent for natives) and Medicaid (50 percent vs. 23 percent for natives).
Including the EITC, 31 percent of non-citizen-headed households receive cash welfare, compared to 19 percent of native households. If the EITC is not included, then cash receipt by non-citizen households is slightly lower than natives (6 percent vs. 8 percent).
While most new legal immigrants (green card holders) are barred from most welfare programs, as are illegal immigrants and temporary visitors, these provisions have only a modest impact on non-citizen household use rates because: 1) most legal immigrants have been in the country long enough to qualify; 2) the bar does not apply to all programs, nor does it always apply to non-citizen children; 3) some states provide welfare to new immigrants on their own; and, most importantly, 4) non-citizens (including illegal immigrants) can receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children who are awarded U.S. citizenship and full welfare eligibility at birth."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... households
I don't think non-citizens quality for any federal assistance programs. "non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ..."

https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic-su ... dprograms/

In my state of Missouri "in order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of Missouri, either pregnant or responsible for a child under 19 years of age, a U.S. national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident, have low or very low income, and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed."


so is this fake news? or the truth?

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by mk e » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

so is this fake news? or the truth?
I looked quickly and could find a second source or figure out who exactly authored it.. .....
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4230
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 pm

And if they can not speak English they can get social security disability. Now you can call that ENTITLEMENT. Yeah for people that should not be entitled to one stinking dollar. They don't work and add to the funds they just take and take. Young punks living for free.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by GRTfast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

so is this fake news? or the truth?
It can't be fake, TA posted it.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9377
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 pm
And if they can not speak English they can get social security disability. Now you can call that ENTITLEMENT. Yeah for people that should not be entitled to one stinking dollar. They don't work and add to the funds they just take and take. Young punks living for free.
Exactly. Not hard for illegals to get a drivers license in states like California. Then the next step is the benefits and voting. [-X

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by j-c-c » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 pm
And if they can not speak English they can get social security disability. Now you can call that ENTITLEMENT. Yeah for people that should not be entitled to one stinking dollar. They don't work and add to the funds they just take and take. Young punks living for free.
Exactly. Not hard for illegals to get a drivers license in states like California. Then the next step is the benefits and voting. [-X
You can't get 50%? of Americans to vote on major issues, you think "illegals" are going to walk into a poll for the very first time, with fake ID, and risk a felony, jail time and deportation for what exactly? #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by mk e » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm
You can't get 50%? of Americans to vote on major issues, you think "illegals" are going to walk into a poll for the very first time, with fake ID, and risk a felony, jail time and deportation for what exactly? #-o
No need to walk in or even be illegal! It sure looks like the Repubs in NC just got caught requesting mail-in ballots for real registered voters that don't normally vote and filling them out for them and also collecting real mail ins then altering or destroying them. Way less risky than walking in.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by j-c-c » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm
You can't get 50%? of Americans to vote on major issues, you think "illegals" are going to walk into a poll for the very first time, with fake ID, and risk a felony, jail time and deportation for what exactly? #-o
No need to walk in or even be illegal! It sure looks like the Repubs in NC just got caught requesting mail-in ballots for real registered voters that don't normally vote and filling them out for them and also collecting real mail ins then altering or destroying them. Way less risky than walking in.
I'm going to have egg on my face if DT was indeed correct about huge (Republican?) voter fraud in 2016. :shock: :lol:

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by 86_regal » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Rather than getting bogged down with "statistics" let's go with what we know.

Like it or not, people respond to incentives. Seems to me there's ample incentive for virtually ANYONE with little or no marketable skills to go on the dole even under a false "documented" identity, particularly if those doling out the "Gov't cheese" are also incentivized to justify a budget increase for the next fiscal year.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8154
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by pdq67 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 pm

86_regal wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm
Rather than getting bogged down with "statistics" let's go with what we know.

Like it or not, people respond to incentives. Seems to me there's ample incentive for virtually ANYONE with little or no marketable skills to go on the dole even under a false "documented" identity, particularly if those doling out the "Gov't cheese" are also incentivized to justify a budget increase for the next fiscal year.
Got this shit RIGHT!!

Instead, put them on a private sector type, "P & L", system and watch the DOLE drop!!

pdq67

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by 86_regal » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 pm
86_regal wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm
Rather than getting bogged down with "statistics" let's go with what we know.

Like it or not, people respond to incentives. Seems to me there's ample incentive for virtually ANYONE with little or no marketable skills to go on the dole even under a false "documented" identity, particularly if those doling out the "Gov't cheese" are also incentivized to justify a budget increase for the next fiscal year.
Got this shit RIGHT!!

Instead, put them on a private sector type, "P & L", system and watch the DOLE drop!!

pdq67
EVERYONE, on BOTH sides of political isle, knows this "sh-tuff".

When will ANYONE ever hear of virtually ANY government agency submit an upcoming budget LESS THAN the previous year???

I challenge anyone to cite a SINGLE government program that has been abolished based on inefficiency or having been ineffective???

And remember... government employees vote too... :mrgreen:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Post by mk e » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:09 am

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 pm

I'm going to have egg on my face if DT was indeed correct about huge (Republican?) voter fraud in 2016. :shock: :lol:
LOL

I read they don't know how far this goes back....for sure the primary but 1 article said 2016.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Post Reply