This is how no liberty is defined

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: This is how no liberty is defined

Post by GRTfast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Brian P wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm
It's "police state". It's where extreme right-wing and extreme left-wing meet up around back, and it is a nasty place to be.
Exactly.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

I believe is seizure of property and any finanaces obtained by illegal means.

If it can be proved beyond a doubt why not?

Why should some criminal get to keep a house , exotic cars or cash that were obtained from crime? So they go to jail for a few years and come back out and they still have all that ?

It's not hard to figure out...say some guy has no job or any form of income...and gets busted with a 100 pounds of coke...it's obvious how he paid for his lifestyle

We have the same here in Canada...

They busted a young guy here near where I live for hacking into government computers and stuff,,the guy was making huge money,, had Ferraris and many other exotic cars, million dollar houses...it's all he did, hack computers illegally

They took everything from him..

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Yeah all cute, till you have a mule her type after ya.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:37 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Why should some criminal get to keep a house , exotic cars or cash that were obtained from crime? So they go to jail for a few years and come back out and they still have all that ?

It's not hard to figure out...say some guy has no job or any form of income...and gets busted with a 100 pounds of coke...it's obvious how he paid for his lifestyle

They busted a young guy here near where I live for hacking into government computers and stuff,,the guy was making huge money,, had Ferraris and many other exotic cars, million dollar houses...it's all he did, hack computers illegally

I agree with you.

The problem is, there are a lot of cases where stuff is taken before anyone is found guilty. In some of those cases, the people are found not guilty, but their property isn’t returned.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:37 pm
gmrocket wrote:

I agree with you.

The problem is, there are a lot of cases where stuff is taken before anyone is found guilty. In some of those cases, the people are found not guilty, but their property isn’t returned.
It shouldn't be like that...has to be clear and only taken if guilty.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Right!!

"It shouldn't be like that...has to be clear and only taken if guilty."

I figure that once ANYBODY get's their hand's on the MONEY, its GONE!!

I do figure that property take's longer to liquidate, but it too does get, "GONE"!

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

And it wouldn't matter what they do, if it was say hiiiiilllllaaaarrrry that did it, I can guarantee they won't take a thing of theirs. Only if you are a no body.
Wake up.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

The police pull the same crooked shit here , the informers sell dope and rob people at gunpoint while the head crooks have sales of confiscated (stolen) items. A lawyer (prosecutor) that i know gambles and drinks and runs his trap said the perps split any ill gotten cash in the head prosecutors office in the courthouse and laugh and joke about it and each and every one is a Republican.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:37 pm
gmrocket wrote:

I agree with you.

It shouldn't be like that...has to be clear and only taken if guilty.
The legal loop hole, and laws are often distorted to fit the controlling groups narrative ( all the shenanigans in NAZI Germany were technically legal), is the courts thinking that the items themselves are involved in illegal activities, and therefore the items have committed a crime, and subject to legal impoundment/confiscation. Since the items can't petition the court for due process, there is no need to prove the guilt of the possessor. It gets further distorted when LE gets to keep the property/monies for their own use/benefit, and often parade it it around in public the name of their success in curtaining "crime". There usually is little restriction in how these confiscated funds are spent, as they are outside normal budget restraints. Why I wonder why the public accepts huge fines against corporations for violations, but often zero of the fines goes back to the victims.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am
The police pull the same crooked shit here , the informers sell dope and rob people at gunpoint while the head crooks have sales of confiscated (stolen) items. A lawyer (prosecutor) that i know gambles and drinks and runs his trap said the perps split any ill gotten cash in the head prosecutors office in the courthouse and laugh and joke about it and each and every one is a Republican.
Totally 100% believable tall tale...and they told you evrrtthiing..

Not knowing your a loud mouth on the net ,,, bwahahaha

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am
Firedome8 wrote:

F U. Richard

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am
gmrocket wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:

F U. Richard
Hahahaha,, I just can't imagine you having right wing friends. Are you the token retard in the group?

I thought all lefties divorced their right wing friends after trump ?

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:20 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am
gmrocket wrote:

F U. Richard
Hahahaha,, I just can't imagine you having right wing friends. Are you the token retard in the group?

I thought all lefties divorced their right wing friends after trump ?
Yea haha, not so, i appreciate comments from opposite points of view it reminds me that i do not know it all. So thanks.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 pm

It was a brief moment of bipartisan unity. Last September, the U.S. House of Representatives approved several amendments to block an infamous civil forfeiture program that had been revived by Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Under civil forfeiture, the government can permanently confiscate property even if the owner is never criminally charged. Tellingly, not a single representative voted against the amendments or voiced support for Sessions’ new forfeiture policy.

Sessions’ forfeiture announcement was deeply unpopular.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=59623215

Is this no liberty defined ?

According to multiple news reports and several sworn affidavits, a staffer for Harris’ campaign, Leslie McCrae Dowless, organized a system through which he and various staffers would physically go to various houses in rural North Carolina, in this case, Bladen County and Robeson County, ask voters to request absentee ballots, and then return later to collect those ballots with the promise of mailing them in.