Why must Comey Interview be private?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Why must Comey Interview be private?

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 am

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:28 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm
Trump is the best president ever. He has kept more promises than any others ever have. He has given us the real change others promised.
Heard briefly a clip on NPR today, my summation they newly defined DT's persona as POTUS as a great "entertainer", why his supporters have little regard for his expertise, trustability, lack of political track record, etc. They only want an entertainer that can reinvents himself day by day as needed to stay ahead of any building crisis. Actors excel at that.
I see where part of your problem lies. You listen to NPR among other left wing outlets. [-X

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:25 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Trump is the best president ever. He has kept more promises than any others ever have. He has given us the real change others promised.
I agree. He is one of the best Presidents ever. :D :wink: :mrgreen: GO TRUMP GO

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:38 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 am
j-c-c wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Heard briefly a clip on NPR today, my summation they newly defined DT's persona as POTUS as a great "entertainer", why his supporters have little regard for his expertise, trustability, lack of political track record, etc. They only want an entertainer that can reinvents himself day by day as needed to stay ahead of any building crisis. Actors excel at that.
I see where part of your problem lies. You listen to NPR among other left wing outlets. [-X
YES I do, and many others, I even watch/listen to FOX, etc, as its always best to know all sides of an argument.

Anybody afraid of gaining more knowledge is mainly afraid of finding out out how little they know.

Why I even read your massively biased posts.

As a gesture towards civility, I'll refrain from sharing what I learn from them.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 am
j-c-c wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Please provide a 1989TA approved source list.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 pm

3. What is not able to be covered for "security" reasons, submit, written questions.
That's nonsense. Restricted, confidential or classified information is only known when the subject is broached, not before.
Who would any interrogator know that certain information must be withheld to protect operatives in the field?
Comey can't discuss classified info with representatives who are not cleared for classified info. Your point above is disjointed

Please rethink your answer. ALL the Congressional Committee members have the necessary security clearances for anything that Comey might say.

Hate is often emotional, I have no ill will towards the man, I just want to see him no longer as the leader of the US,

If you take some exception to the nation's direction, go steal some votes in the next election.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:50 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 pm
3. What is not able to be covered for "security" reasons, submit, written questions.
That's nonsense. Restricted, confidential or classified information is only known when the subject is broached, not before.
Who would any interrogator know that certain information must be withheld to protect operatives in the field?
Comey can't discuss classified info with representatives who are not cleared for classified info. Your point above is disjointed

Please rethink your answer. ALL the Congressional Committee members have the necessary security clearances for anything that Comey might say.
But Comey no longer has a security clearance, so how does he disclose classified info? Sounds like a catch 22. :D
Hate is often emotional, I have no ill will towards the man, I just want to see him no longer as the leader of the US,

If you take some exception to the nation's direction, go steal some votes in the next election.

Sounds like a classic suggestion of "psychological projection" :D

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 am

But Comey no longer has a security clearance, so how does he disclose classified info? Sounds like a catch 22.

Comey can be granted a "temporary" security clearance for purpose of testimony.

Or the CIA could take him into a secure location and interrogate him forcibly. 8)

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 am

But Comey no longer has a security clearance, so how does he disclose classified info? Sounds like a catch 22.

Comey can be granted a "temporary" security clearance for purpose of testimony.

Or the CIA could take him into a secure location and interrogate him forcibly. 8)

While we are to the topic of "could", could also be granted immunity, but then no one would get the blood they want.