Putin says US is no longer a super power

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: Putin says US is no longer a super power

Post by GRTfast » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:51 pm
As usual, the ones who think they're intelligent get caught up in superficial nonsense that's designed to keep them from looking at the big picture that's in play. Posting that list of quotes is exactly what I'm talking about. He may as well post a cat video from youtube while he's busy missing the point.

Anyone can be taught to memorize things and end up thinking they're intelligent. Wisdom is usually far away from those people.
Says the guy who's confidence in the future of our country is shaken by an internet forum thread. :roll:

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:34 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm
RevTheory wrote:
As usual, the ones who think they're intelligent get caught up in superficial nonsense that's designed to keep them from looking at the big picture that's in play. Posting that list of quotes is exactly what I'm talking about. He may as well post a cat video from youtube while he's busy missing the point.

Anyone can be taught to memorize things and end up thinking they're intelligent. Wisdom is usually far away from those people.
Says the guy who's confidence in the future of our country is shaken by an internet forum thread. :roll:
Amazing isn't it. He doesn't realize there is a whole nother world outside of speedtalk. Not everybody is as adolescent as he is...

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:21 pm

RevTheory wrote:

Lets have a little perspective, if you had an employee that said things to you like the above Trump quotes while at work, and told lies affecting his job performance on a regular basis, would you.
A. pat him on the back and say man you are a genius
B. Tell him that his behavior was not acceptable and it needed to change
c. Fire him
d. Recommend his employment to your competitors

And answer truthfully

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:35 am
Threads like these really make me question whether we're actually headed towards being another nation that ultimately failed because people are stupid and can't figure things out.
So enlighten us..
Might also want to review Dunning-Krugger effect first, because it always seems to pop up when declaring other people "stupid" with certainty.
Last edited by j-c-c on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:11 pm

For all the lefties on this forum. You clowns surely need it. Yes there is another world out there besides CNN and MSNBC. :D
Trump butthurt salve.jpg

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 pm

RevTheory wrote:

That's it? Your big picture?

Rather then focusing on your perception of how smart others might think they are, how about strutting your brain power around there and show us what you got.

Don't hold back, we want to be overwhelmed with your deep insight, speaking for myself.

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 am
I thought the Russians were the bad guys ?

But now we have to believe what they are saying ...that's kinda weird .

We say Putin is a liar when he said they didn't meddle in the elections, but not a liar about this? Not only that,,,isn't this what the left hated anyway?? The USA sticking its nose in other countries business?? So confusing ,,now they take Putins words about it as bad?

Madow has found the magic truth machine...hahahaha

The Russian obsession continues
Great points!

It seems political hacks are blinded by their vitriol to propagate their Anti-Trump narrative, even if it undermines their credibility...

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 pm

While on the topic of Russia-gate...

I have yet to understand or have been convinced why this "collusion" is even controversial?

In my opinion, anything short of Putin and/or Russian officials holding guns to the heads of Americans in the booth to pull the lever for Trump is just hot air...

Let's assume for a moment that Trump's associates, staffer and minions paid Russian officials to find dirt on Hillary and disseminate misinformation campaigns and Pro-Trump rhetoric on Facebook for his benefit. So what???

Isn't that what EVERY SINGLE POLITICAL campaign DOES???
Find dirt on their opponents, if they're unsuccessful, make it up or in more cases than not, BOTH??? They ALL f*cking lie and mischaracterize their opponents! And for those who see "injustice" of "external influence" of our political process have a very naive view of world politics and are overlooking the "root cause failure" of OUR political process.

In the context of campaign finance law, it's worth noting that such "law" serves as nothing more than window dressing to address the "campaign funding" crisis.

All it takes is one or two "degrees of separation" to "launder" "illegal" campaign contributions into legitimate ones. To assume for even one moment that such laws will keep these guys honest is borderline infantilism...

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Maybe if Putin feels, "froggy", maybe he should try jumping on us!!

We fu*ked up back then when we didn't turn Patton loose on them as well as MacArthur loose on the Chi-Coms!!

pdq67

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm

and we would have lost big time.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm
Sure we would have lost!!

We, the only Country with Nuke capability!

I think not!

What am I missing Dave??

pdq67

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Dave Koehler wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm
Sure we would have lost!!

We, the only Country with Nuke capability!

I think not!

What am I missing Dave??

pdq67
How many nukes do you think Patton had? :roll:

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Start with this.
1: We had 2, count em, 2 bombs and used them both AFTER the war in Europe was over. We bluffed that we had more.
2: We would be an invading army. Look at what the Russians withstood at Stalingrad plus their victory against the Nazis in the winter.
They would continue to throw everyone at us without even a thought. Not unlike what I would hope would happen here if we were invaded.
3: All involved were tired of war.
4: Generals wanted this for sure but then generals are like teenagers, believing they and the boys they send into a slaughter are indestructible.
5: Korea. China had the numbers in spades.
6: Probably most important is that Russia and China armies are not controlled by the politicians. They were and essentially still are dictatorships.
There would be no debate.

FWIW, I think the only thing MacArthur did right was the reconstruction of Japan.
Other than that he was the then modern equivalent of Custer.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:02 pm
Start with this.
1: We had 2, count em, 2 bombs and used them both AFTER the war in Europe was over. We bluffed that we had more.
2: We would be an invading army. Look at what the Russians withstood at Stalingrad plus their victory against the Nazis in the winter.
They would continue to throw everyone at us without even a thought. Not unlike what I would hope would happen here if we were invaded.
3: All involved were tired of war.
4: Generals wanted this for sure but then generals are like teenagers, believing they and the boys they send into a slaughter are indestructible.
5: Korea. China had the numbers in spades.
6: Probably most important is that Russia and China armies are not controlled by the politicians. They were and essentially still are dictatorships.
There would be no debate.

FWIW, I think the only thing MacArthur did right was the reconstruction of Japan.
Other than that he was the then modern equivalent of Custer.
a. The two bombs you mention above were used in Japan in Aug /45
b. The final verification test for the first type of bomb (they were two different types) was completed 7/16/45 Trinity
c. VE day was 5/8/45
d. What was Patton supposed to day while the bombs were being sorted out
e. I suspect the two bombs dropped on Japan were rushed to thier drop zone.
f. I don't think Russia would have blinked at losing two entire already severely destroyed cities at that pint in the war, after the NAXI's had pretty much already done that
g. We would not have prevailed in a full on frontal land based attack on Russia at that without horrific cost
h. And that still would have left japan as an adversary not ready to quit, but a blockade over time would have achieved victory.
i. Too many unknowns to predict.

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 pm

PDQ
If it is of any solace, Patton's reasoning for pushing forward had merit.
When the bosses held him back from taking all of Berlin and Germany all his reasoning went out the door.
It was too late then.
Patton's diary said a whole lot about what was going on with the army and political powers. Worth looking into.

Japan and the bombs.
I read somewhere along the line that the bombs were not necessary based on the findings of the Generals.
The normal bombing had done more destruction and loss of life than the 2 a bombs combined.
The bombs may have been dropped to impress Russia and keep them at arm's length while we stepped up testing.
It would have been a problem yes but Japan's air and sea power were gone and we were rocking and rolling.
Interestingly a couple of the days after the bombs were dropped Russia declared war on Japan.
That may have sped up the surrender as they might have been more afraid of getting brutally destroyed by the Russians.
The demands by the Americans, including keeping the emperor was more palatable.