DEM MOB Confronts McConnell in Restaurant – Slam Fists on Table – Then Throws His Food Out the Door

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: DEM MOB Confronts McConnell in Restaurant – Slam Fists on Table – Then Throws His Food Out the Door

Post by GRTfast » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm

They probably should have just body slammed him. ;)

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Re: DEM MOB Confronts McConnell in Restaurant – Slam Fists on Table – Then Throws His Food Out the Door

Post by 86_regal » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm
There is a limit to the first amendment. The best known one is crying fire in a crowded theater. Somebody is going to get seriously injured with the antics of the lefties.
Are you seriously going tell me you think Government be authorized to regulate speech on the basis of yelling fire in a crowded theatre?

It appears my premonitions were correct, you're just another sheep amongst the flock, propagating deference to your "Shepard".

Before parroting to me justifications on SCOTUS jurisprudence grounds, I will remind you that "jurisprudence" had also ruled that Dredd Scott was property, Standard Oil WAS a monopoly YET Microsoft WAS NOT(?!), The Patients Bill of Rights, (Legislation enacted REQUIRING all medical institutions provide health care to ANY in need, absent of payment) "Constitutional", The Affordable Care Act Individual Mandate Clause (Authorizing the Treasury to "tax" individuals for NOT purchasing health insurance) "Constitutional" and likely one of your "favorites" Roe vs Wade.

My point, which I hope is patently obvious by now is jurisprudence doesn't mean sh*t...

Rather than rely on the hundreds of stuffed shirts in Washington and the 9 "Super Legislators" in robes, let's apply the intellectual capacity and critical thinking skills of a 10th grader to resolve such matters ourselves!

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Like we're ever going to get a convention of states; which I've signed petitions for a couple of times now.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:45 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm
There is a limit to the first amendment. The best known one is crying fire in a crowded theater. Somebody is going to get seriously injured with the antics of the lefties.
Not really, the amendment does stand as it written. The supreme court has deciphered it over the centuries in many ways.
Which means it could be ruled ok to yell fire in a theater crowded with employees, say if it was closed to the public and they were rehearsing an evaluation.
Life is not as black and white or as simplistic as many want it to, but suits their narrative, and the constitution always is being fine tuned.