Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 am

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:48 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm
The weather is controlled by the vast demonrat deep state, and is why all demonrats are in lock step on climate change, and the Bernie bunch belongs to the same twisted mess as well. They are all in lock step to ruin this country. And climate change is the fuel to do it.
And when you show that they can purposely control the weather you have their whole huge agenda by the ba.....s.
I'm afraid that I respectfully disagree regarding weather control.

NOBODY CONTROLS THE WEATHER. period.

Climate change is a media creation for the specific purpose of wealth redistribution.

When the media determines that climate change hysteria no longer has legs, it will quickly die a welcome death.

And that will be a useful change.
Problem is you won't win the argument with out weather control being possible. You can't have the liars by the Ba...ls with out it. Besides dig deep and weather control and manipulation pops right out. There are some very cool machines that the trillions have helped pay for.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Global Warming and Fake Science

"About 10 years ago the brand name global warming was changed to climate change. The reason was simple. The Earth was failing to warm. An additional benefit of the climate change slogan was that everything that goes wrong with the weather can be blamed on climate change, caused by burning fossil fuels. The 2012 hurricane Sandy, that flooded parts of New York and New Jersey, is routinely blamed on climate change. The great New England hurricane of 1938 struck the same area and was vastly worse, killing more than 600 persons. That could not be blamed on climate change caused by CO2, because CO2 was not an issue in 1938. Blaming Sandy on CO2-caused climate change is simply a made-up story without scientific foundation. Just because there are plenty of scientists making a connection between climate change and Sandy does not mean that a scientific foundation exists. It does mean that plenty of scientists are eager to benefit from natural disasters. The idea that scientists are neutral observers resistant to political influence and money is naïve. Scientists are bought and sold every day in the courtrooms of America as paid witnesses. Scientific organizations lobby relentlessly and effectively in Washington. The National Academy of Science pretends to be the government’s advisor on scientific matters. Somehow their recommendations always suggest that more money should be spent on science. Global warming, a.k.a. climate change, has been a bonanza for a large segment of the scientific community. Just as with other special interest groups, the policy recommendations of the science community are heavily influenced by the prospects of getting money from the government. We need science, but science cannot be allowed to run wild."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... ience.html

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:31 pm
Global Warming and Fake Science

"About 10 years ago the brand name global warming was changed to climate change. The reason was simple. The Earth was failing to warm. An additional benefit of the climate change slogan was that everything that goes wrong with the weather can be blamed on climate change, caused by burning fossil fuels. The 2012 hurricane Sandy, that flooded parts of New York and New Jersey, is routinely blamed on climate change. The great New England hurricane of 1938 struck the same area and was vastly worse, killing more than 600 persons. That could not be blamed on climate change caused by CO2, because CO2 was not an issue in 1938. Blaming Sandy on CO2-caused climate change is simply a made-up story without scientific foundation. Just because there are plenty of scientists making a connection between climate change and Sandy does not mean that a scientific foundation exists. It does mean that plenty of scientists are eager to benefit from natural disasters. The idea that scientists are neutral observers resistant to political influence and money is naïve. Scientists are bought and sold every day in the courtrooms of America as paid witnesses. Scientific organizations lobby relentlessly and effectively in Washington. The National Academy of Science pretends to be the government’s advisor on scientific matters. Somehow their recommendations always suggest that more money should be spent on science. Global warming, a.k.a. climate change, has been a bonanza for a large segment of the scientific community. Just as with other special interest groups, the policy recommendations of the science community are heavily influenced by the prospects of getting money from the government. We need science, but science cannot be allowed to run wild."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... ience.html
http://www.chalquist.com/climatechangedenial.html

From the link:

Are warnings about global disaster waking people up--or numbing them out?

Craig Chalquist, PhD

A few years ago, when I spoke about ecotherapy at Bioneers, I was asked during the question-and-answer period, "What is stopping people from waking up to the threat of climate change?"

Surely it's not the complexity of the problem. Earth has gone to a lot of trouble to remove enough carbon from the atmosphere to allow life to proliferate. Reverse that cycle and the Greenhouse Effect overheats the planet, a trend evident despite the occasional cool winter. Scientists have warned us about it for a century; the handful who disagree are paid to, usually by petroleum front companies bearing lucrative grants.* According to the International Energy Agency, every year we delay action costs us $500 billion, so the business reasons alone make action urgent. If we go on as we are, we will make this planet uninhabitable, even for business.

When the Black Plague broke out in Europe, the Lord Mayor of London ignored those who observed that homes and neighborhoods stricken by the plague were overrun with rats. In fact, the holdouts kept insisting nothing was wrong until entire populations began to die. Why did it have to go that far?

We resort to psychological defenses like rationalization, repression, and denial when overwhelmed with the enormity of disastrous news. The human mind needs a schema or map by which to make sense of such news and other people to talk it over with. Lacking either of those resources, the mind will protect itself by whistling past the graveyard and sticking to business as usual.

Furthermore, the mind, like the environment, operates with reinforcing feedback loops: circular pathways that under certain circumstances become self-perpetuating. When an activist or scientist shouts the alarm, a mind not prepared for it will protect itself so well--"How does he know all this?" "It can't be this grim."--that the hearer will be MORE psychologically numb AFTER hearing the bad news than before hearing it. That's right: more numb, not less, because of the warning. That fact alone has huge implications for those tasked with waking up the public to imminent danger.

Other defenses besides denial come into play here: manic defenses (trying to cheer oneself up and "think positively"), scapegoating the bearer of bad news, self-distraction, paranoia ("It's all a hoax"), splitting (keeping the bad news off to one side), parent projections (mother Earth can't be sick, father God won't permit it). In all defense, the primary goal is to hold the mind together against an onslaught of overwhelming, destabilizing emotions until the defender has a safe place and opportunity to work through overwhelm and move from helplessness into action.

My recommendation, then, to activists, scientists, and everyone trying to warn the public about climate change, mass extinction, or any of the other crises we now face, is to form small discussion groups facilitated by ecotherapists and ecopsychologists--practitioners trained to do this kind of work--so people can move through these disturbing realizations with plenty of support.

We are asking people to face, think about, and respond to the reality of crises more immense than any seen in human history. Perhaps some of us can tough it through, but the majority need more than bad news, individual sessions in a consulting room, diagnoses for mental disorders, investment advice, or good books to read. They need support networks of wise mentors who can help them come to terms with what was previously unthinkable, move through shock, helplessness, and despair, and join together for the common efforts now required to keep Earth habitable.

* It's important to bear in mind that few, if any, financiers or politicians are in any real denial about climate change even though many pretend to be. As conservative politicians buy up water rights and equip their homes with solar power, and as petroleum companies position themselves to compete for natural gas and alternative energy sources, governments jockey for control of the Arctic Circle now that melting ice is freeing resources previously unobtainable. Even the Pentagon has drawn up plans for defending the United States in a climate-altered world.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am

Climate change is ALL BS!!

Follow the MONEY!!

Oh, and BTW, no more than water vapor is a bigger GHG than CO2,and it is produced at the time of combustion along with CO2, BUT NOBODY is talking about controlling it!!

I wonder why??

pdq67

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 am

pdq67 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am

Follow the MONEY!!

Oh, and BTW, no more than water vapor is a bigger GHG than CO2,and it is produced at the time of combustion along with CO2, BUT NOBODY is talking about controlling it!!

I wonder why??

pdq67
No you don't. If you really did you'd know the answer. It is readily available, and it isn't what you are suggesting.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:37 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 am
pdq67 wrote:

Follow the MONEY!!

I wonder why??

pdq67
No you don't. If you really did you'd know the answer. It is readily available, and it isn't what you are suggesting.
Until you and the other eco natzis start walking the walk, others will wait and see

Until then, go pound salt.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:37 pm
GRTfast wrote:
pdq67 wrote:

Follow the MONEY!!

I wonder why??

pdq67
Until you and the other eco natzis start walking the walk, others will wait and see

What a stupid thing to say. Wow. Because your perception is that I'm not "walking the walk", I'm not allowed to recognize scientific facts and point out flaws in other's statements/claims. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it. :roll:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:44 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

What a stupid thing to say. Wow. Because your perception is that I'm not "walking the walk", I'm not allowed to recognize scientific facts and point out flaws in other's statements/claims. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it. :roll:
again, when you and the other eco natzis step up and live like your saying we should...maybe others will believe.

why not just give up your lifestyle ?
stop driving?
voluntarily pay carbon tax?
move to a tiny small foot print house?
live off the grid?

or is it just the talk your promoting? looks like we're both on the road of burning up together

the latest IPCC report says carbon tax should be in the THOUSANDS per ton , or its too late to do anything. have you had a chance too read it yet? you either belive this or not,,there is no halfway

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:50 pm

GRTfast wrote:
pdq67 wrote:

Follow the MONEY!!

I wonder why??

pdq67
For your information, I know why it isn't being regulated!

I worked in Missouri's Department of Natural Resources Air Pollution Control Program for like 13+ years so am up on this stuff. I wrote Air law for most of the time..

pdq67

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:50 pm

For your information, I know why it isn't being regulated!
Elaborate.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:44 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

again, when you and the other eco natzis step up and live like your saying we should...maybe others will believe.
How does anything I do have an effect on you believing scientific findings? I'm not a climate scientists. I'm not authoring any reports, collecting any data, or performing any analyses related to the discipline.

Personal vehicle emissions are a pathetically small part of the overall issue. Recreational personal vehicles (hotrods, motorcycles, etc..) are a small fraction of that small fraction. Every hotrod and racecar could disappear and the numbers wouldn't change noticeably. The big issues are industrial in nature and are on the global scale. Manufacturing, power generation, farming and livestock.. these are the heavy hitters.

You're using every (intellectually bankrupt) method you can to deflect from recognizing/acknowledging the obvious truth.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:39 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

How does anything I do have an effect on you believing scientific findings? I'm not a climate scientists. I'm not authoring any reports, collecting any data, or performing any analyses related to the discipline.

Personal vehicle emissions are a pathetically small part of the overall issue. Recreational personal vehicles (hotrods, motorcycles, etc..) are a small fraction of that small fraction. Every hotrod and racecar could disappear and the numbers wouldn't change noticeably. The big issues are industrial in nature and are on the global scale. Manufacturing, power generation, farming and livestock.. these are the heavy hitters.

You're using every (intellectually bankrupt) method you can to deflect from recognizing/acknowledging the obvious truth.
your not up to date on what the IPCC wants to do. carbon dioxide tax applies to everything you buy, everything you do, everything you own, where you live etc... its sort of a tax on lifestyle. yet those who are rich, wont be hurt at all...its the middle class and poor who will feel it the most.

those with money will just pay to keep living the lifestyle they have...wont change a thing. like the movies stars and eco elites, jetting around to multiple million dollar houses & yachts. all the while telling joe six pack he needs to cut back.

once again, the latest IPCC report says they were very wrong , its much worse than they thought...so they were wrong, but we need to double down way way more now?

anyone with half a brain would say,,hold on a second! why were you wrong and why should we instantly believe your now right?

i dare you to agree with the wild claims they are now making...dare ya. because if you do, your also admitting you were very wrong also.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:39 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

your not up to date on what the IPCC wants to do. carbon dioxide tax applies to everything you buy, everything you do, everything you own, where you live etc... its sort of a tax on lifestyle. yet those who are rich, wont be hurt at all...its the middle class and poor who will feel it the most.

those with money will just pay to keep living the lifestyle they have...wont change a thing. like the movies stars and eco elites, jetting around to multiple million dollar houses & yachts. all the while telling joe six pack he needs to cut back.

once again, the latest IPCC report says they were very wrong , its much worse than they thought...so they were wrong, but we need to double down way way more now?

anyone with half a brain would say,,hold on a second! why were you wrong and why should we instantly believe your now right?

i dare you to agree with the wild claims they are now making...dare ya. because if you do, your also admitting you were very wrong also.
I dare you (dare ya) to read what I've said on this forum multiple times about the difference between scientific findings and we should do about them.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

I dare you (dare ya) to read what I've said on this forum multiple times about the difference between scientific findings and we should do about them.
its all based off of the IPCC reports....now that they have gone and said they were so wrong about how bad it was going to get...are you still onboard?

how much tax do you think would be enough to reverse the climate change?

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm
gmrocket wrote:

its all based off of the IPCC reports....now that they have gone and said they were so wrong about how bad it was going to get...are you still onboard?

how much tax do you think would be enough to reverse the climate change?
I think they know more about it than you or I do. That said, I don’t think crippling the economy is realistic. What there is no doubt about is, the longer we wait to do something, the more severe the “something” will have to be. Same is if your heading towards a wall in your car. The later you wait to brake, the harder you have to brake.