Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:30 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:24 pm
Kevin Johnson wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:00 am

:lol: I have the sense that people do not read some of my citations.

I am shocked.

Months back I posted a link to an MIT PhD thesis (so peer-reviewed). That thesis predates the 2008 article linked above by 31 years and is particularly relevant since it was actually written during the 1970s as a meta-analysis of existing contemporary literature.

There is no mystery as to what references the candidate used (listed below). Here is the abstract, i.e. a brief synopsis of his findings [my emphasis]:

(A consensus either way? I do not think so.)
I can admit I misspoke when I said that the "consensus" in the 70's was warming. I should have said that there were significantly more papers during that time were predicting warming than cooling. I'll agree that there wasn't a consensus either way. We have learned a lot since then.

The point I was attempting to make was in opposition to the claim that Lefty made about how the prevailing opinion was cooling. If he didn't say that outright, he certainly inferred it. The links you and I posted both show that claim (or inference) to be incorrect.
what about my apology? you said i was full of shyt when i said there was a global cooling narrative back then?
Apology? :lol:

There was a minority position about cooling. The majority of papers either predicted warming or no change. You and lefty both either outright said or inferred that the position used to be cooling and now it’s warming. You did this to discredit the entire field. If anything, you’re the one who owes and apology.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:30 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:24 pm

I can admit I misspoke when I said that the "consensus" in the 70's was warming. I should have said that there were significantly more papers during that time were predicting warming than cooling. I'll agree that there wasn't a consensus either way. We have learned a lot since then.

The point I was attempting to make was in opposition to the claim that Lefty made about how the prevailing opinion was cooling. If he didn't say that outright, he certainly inferred it. The links you and I posted both show that claim (or inference) to be incorrect.
what about my apology? you said i was full of shyt when i said there was a global cooling narrative back then?

There was a minority position about cooling. The majority of papers either predicted warming or no change. You and lefty both either outright said or inferred that the position used to be cooling and now it’s warming. You did this to discredit the entire field. If anything, you’re the one who owes and apology.
Nope, the general public was fed the global cooling bs.

Because back then it wasn't easy to find or dig into scientific papers..no internet made it difficult

So, believe it or not, back the most people got new from a few msm sources..and they pushed the cooling bs
Last edited by gmrocket on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Volcanic dust ! So what all have I been talking about? Water vapor ! then we have tons and tons of sky obscuring airplane exhaust trails giving it all a hand. So if demoncrats were serious about climate change the very first thing to do is ground jet aircraft for ever, and not give places like boeing an 8 billion dollar tax cut, like the demonrat gary Locke did when he was the gov in wa.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:39 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

Because back then it wasn't easy to find or dig into scientific papers..no internet made it difficult

So, believe it or not, back the most people got new from a few msm sources..and they pushed the cooling bs
That might be your perception, but we weren’t talking about what the average person’s perception was. We having been talking about the science, and you and lefty specifically brought it up in that context.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:39 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

That might be your perception, but we weren’t talking about what the average person’s perception was. We having been talking about the science, and you and lefty specifically brought it up in that context.
it was the science as the public new it back then. as was mentioned, there was no internet to dig up info on your own, you got it off the tv or a newspaper.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 pm

lefty o wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

it was the science as the public new it back then. as was mentioned, there was no internet to dig up info on your own, you got it off the tv or a newspaper.
Irrelevant to the discussion. We are talking about the science. Not the media.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm

GRT the science you mention is flawed it is well financed like many of your other great demonrat communist agendas are.
So why hasn't your flawed bunch spent the same money to prove when a living being becomes a living being, you know abortions etc. ?
I'll answer for you because that is not their agenda. They only fund things and create science about topics that can control our lives.
And is why they will deny and deny that weather can be controlled and manipulated.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 pm

GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

Nope again ..back then the msm WAS a trusted news source, so when most , if not all, of the stuff we heard was of a coming global cooling disaster..the public tended to believe it. But it fizzled out.

It was one sided, just like it is now. But today, the msm isn't trusted. So people tend to look elsewhere and then descide by weighing BOTH sides.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

Nope again ..back then the msm WAS a trusted news source, so when most , if not all, of the stuff we heard was of a coming global cooling disaster..the public tended to believe it. But it fizzled out.

It was one sided, just like it is now. But today, the msm isn't trusted. So people tend to look elsewhere and then descide by weighing BOTH sides.
If you’re too dense to realize your post doesn’t even relate to the topic we are “debating”, it’s not my problem. I do not care about the msm, or what the public perceives. You’re moving the goal posts.
Last edited by GRTfast on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm
GRT the science you mention is flawed it is well financed like many of your other great demonrat communist agendas are.
So why hasn't your flawed bunch spent the same money to prove when a living being becomes a living being, you know abortions etc. ?
I'll answer for you because that is not their agenda. They only fund things and create science about topics that can control our lives.
And is why they will deny and deny that weather can be controlled and manipulated.
Attachments
6BBDCF4E-04E1-4438-9C14-E7FC7DCC7830.jpeg
6BBDCF4E-04E1-4438-9C14-E7FC7DCC7830.jpeg (43.45 KiB) Viewed 138 times

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 am

GRTfast wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 pm
GRTfast wrote:

If you’re too dense to realize your post doesn’t even relate to the topic we are “debating”, it’s not my problem. I do not care about the msm, or what the public perceives. You’re moving the goal posts.
I disagree, EG is not even inside the stadium. :roll:

I'm thinking he is missing a few decades, in that global cooling concerns ended pre MSN a few, I believe.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm

The weather is controlled by the vast demonrat deep state, and is why all demonrats are in lock step on climate change, and the Bernie bunch belongs to the same twisted mess as well. They are all in lock step to ruin this country. And climate change is the fuel to do it.
And when you show that they can purposely control the weather you have their whole huge agenda by the ba.....s.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:11 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm
The weather is controlled by the vast demonrat deep state, and is why all demonrats are in lock step on climate change, and the Bernie bunch belongs to the same twisted mess as well. They are all in lock step to ruin this country. And climate change is the fuel to do it.
And when you show that they can purposely control the weather you have their whole huge agenda by the ba.....s.
BTW, which decade do you think this is?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:48 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm
I'm afraid that I respectfully disagree regarding weather control.

NOBODY CONTROLS THE WEATHER. period.

Climate change is a media creation for the specific purpose of wealth redistribution.

When the media determines that climate change hysteria no longer has legs, it will quickly die a welcome death.

And that will be a useful change.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 pm

"Climate change is a media creation for the specific purpose of wealth redistribution."

David, that is exactly correct. It is all about how we can tax more people. :wink: