Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:22 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 am
You are no different than the zealots who shout everything is going to get worse, when that's simply not true.

Here's just one way a slightly warmer climate will be a benefit.

Cold regions and countries will have longer growing seasons and more available land.

Or how about the carbon footprint of very cold countries being drastically reduced because there would be less fossil fuel needed for heating .

That's just two benefits.. there are many more
I already agreed with you that the current levels or even a little more are probably ok. Some benefits, some drawbacks, but likely not terrible.

It’s what is going to happen decades from now that is the issue if we keep this rate of co2 increase going.

Also, your still just making claims. Where is the data that backs your position?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4015
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you GRT for proving weather control is possible by man.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 pm
Thank you GRT for proving weather control is possible by man.
How do you manage to feed yourself and use a computer? This is becoming the biggest mystery in my life. :lol:

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6590
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by David Redszus » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Or how about the carbon footprint of very cold countries being drastically reduced because there would be less fossil fuel needed for heating .
I already agreed with you that the current levels or even a little more are probably ok. Some benefits, some drawbacks, but likely not terrible.
The fact is that higher levels of CO2 would be quite beneficial; there are virtually no drawbacks to higher CO2 levels. High levels of CO2 are not harmful to man. US submariners spend over six months each year in atmospheres consisting of 8000-9000ppm CO2 with no adverse effects.
It’s what is going to happen decades from now that is the issue if we keep this rate of co2 increase going.
That is easy to answer. What happened when CO2 levels were very much higher than now? The Earth's atmosphere once consisted of over 90% CO2. Plants loved it. When CO2 levels fall below a critical value, plants do not survive.

When we worry about CO2 levels at 200-400ppm, we are at the very bottom of the historical scale.
Also, your still just making claims. Where is the data that backs your position?
No sir, you are making claims without evidence and data.

The posted graphs regarding climate change represent conclusions drawn from various data sources, which are then presented as facts. They are not. The actual data those conclusions were based upon have not been released so that real scientists can verify, replicate, and falsify the data. Neither have the complete records of measurement techniques, methods and instrumentation.

Real climate science would welcome critical evaluation of methods, procedures and data, instead of screaming about the horrible global warming "deniers."

Sadly, climate science has succumbed to political economics.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:54 pm
Or how about the carbon footprint of very cold countries being drastically reduced because there would be less fossil fuel needed for heating .
I already agreed with you that the current levels or even a little more are probably ok. Some benefits, some drawbacks, but likely not terrible.
The fact is that higher levels of CO2 would be quite beneficial; there are virtually no drawbacks to higher CO2 levels. High levels of CO2 are not harmful to man. US submariners spend over six months each year in atmospheres consisting of 8000-9000ppm CO2 with no adverse effects.
It’s what is going to happen decades from now that is the issue if we keep this rate of co2 increase going.
That is easy to answer. What happened when CO2 levels were very much higher than now? The Earth's atmosphere once consisted of over 90% CO2. Plants loved it. When CO2 levels fall below a critical value, plants do not survive.

When we worry about CO2 levels at 200-400ppm, we are at the very bottom of the historical scale.
Also, your still just making claims. Where is the data that backs your position?
No sir, you are making claims without evidence and data.

The posted graphs regarding climate change represent conclusions drawn from various data sources, which are then presented as facts. They are not. The actual data those conclusions were based upon have not been released so that real scientists can verify, replicate, and falsify the data. Neither have the complete records of measurement techniques, methods and instrumentation.

Real climate science would welcome critical evaluation of methods, procedures and data, instead of screaming about the horrible global warming "deniers."

Sadly, climate science has succumbed to political economics.
Forgive me if I don’t take your word for the effects of co2 on humans.

https://skepticalscience.com/how-sapien ... ation.html

Is this the data you’re talking about, that hasn’t been “released”?

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/p ... s/ice-core
Last edited by GRTfast on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9220
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm

I will say it again with these weather forecast programs. Garbage in garbage out.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm
I will say it again with these weather forecast programs. Garbage in garbage out.
Well it’s settled then. :roll:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4015
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 pm

GRT just keeps showing that weather control by man is possible. I guess gases control the pressure areas, GRT says so. Just remember the sun is not allowed in the government sponsored climate science agenda. Just mans gases and oh yeah don't for get the cow poops and farts.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 pm
GRT just keeps showing that weather control by man is possible. I guess gases control the pressure areas, GRT says so. Just remember the sun is not allowed in the government sponsored climate science agenda. Just mans gases and oh yeah don't for get the cow poops and farts.
You're either lying or showing your ignorance, as usual. The effect of the sun is accounted for in all of these analyses and models.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/s ... 9MKBtVKhEY

It must suck to always be wrong.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by rebelrouser » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 am
44617825_2248972635320639_4840396540222636032_n.jpg

I had to :twisted:
The tides vary by 5 feet in Sidney harbor, look it up. Pictures could be a certain time of day to appear their is no sea level rise. The navy is worried about sea level rise, as they will lose bases.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... es-report/

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4980
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by RevTheory » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:11 am

That's probably it. Don Jr. and Putin waited for low tide to snap a pic and compare it to high tide. That pic is clearly racist anyways- nazi! Yeah, that's it :roll:

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by lefty o » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm
lefty o wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm

links? data?

Before looking at it, I suspect the issue is you not understanding what you're looking at. We will see (if you provide anything to back your claims).
all you have to do is go look at all of sanfords old posts where he showed nasa's crap every single month. its obvious you will believe anything written and passed under your nose, but you wouldnt believe your own eyes. laughed my butt off every month at his posts, as for 6 months straight the entire region last winter ran 10degr colder than normal, and his little nasa charts showed hotter than normal every single month. i honestly quit paying attention to them after a while, because it became very obvious the data was being collected on a different planet.
So that’s a “no” on the “are you going to back your claims” question. Got it.
take it however you want. like i said, you can find all the data out there you want to support any claim you want to make. history should at the least make you look twice at what scientists claim is going to happen. heck during the 1970's, they claimed we were only decades away from an ice age that would be equal to or colder than the one that killed off the dinosaurs, and now they are preaching the opposite.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm

lefty o wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm
lefty o wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 pm


all you have to do is go look at all of sanfords old posts where he showed nasa's crap every single month. its obvious you will believe anything written and passed under your nose, but you wouldnt believe your own eyes. laughed my butt off every month at his posts, as for 6 months straight the entire region last winter ran 10degr colder than normal, and his little nasa charts showed hotter than normal every single month. i honestly quit paying attention to them after a while, because it became very obvious the data was being collected on a different planet.
So that’s a “no” on the “are you going to back your claims” question. Got it.
take it however you want. like i said, you can find all the data out there you want to support any claim you want to make. history should at the least make you look twice at what scientists claim is going to happen. heck during the 1970's, they claimed we were only decades away from an ice age that would be equal to or colder than the one that killed off the dinosaurs, and now they are preaching the opposite.
This is like the forth time in a month that someone has said that BS on here. This is why I can’t take any of you guys seriously. You’re just wrong, over and over. The problem is, there’s enough of you that you begin to beleive yourselves.

There was never a time in the 70’s where the consensus was that we were “decades from an ice age”. The vast majority of scientific studies and articles back them were predicting warming. A small minority talked about cooling, and were proven wrong. A Time magazine cover said something about global cooling. It was the media propagating a minority opinion. Educate yourself. Or don’t.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10 ... nload=true

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by lefty o » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:12 am

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm
lefty o wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm


So that’s a “no” on the “are you going to back your claims” question. Got it.
take it however you want. like i said, you can find all the data out there you want to support any claim you want to make. history should at the least make you look twice at what scientists claim is going to happen. heck during the 1970's, they claimed we were only decades away from an ice age that would be equal to or colder than the one that killed off the dinosaurs, and now they are preaching the opposite.
This is like the forth time in a month that someone has said that BS on here. This is why I can’t take any of you guys seriously. You’re just wrong, over and over. The problem is, there’s enough of you that you begin to beleive yourselves.

There was never a time in the 70’s where the consensus was that we were “decades from an ice age”. The vast majority of scientific studies and articles back them were predicting warming. A small minority talked about cooling, and were proven wrong. A Time magazine cover said something about global cooling. It was the media propagating a minority opinion. Educate yourself. Or don’t.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10 ... nload=true
maybe you need to get yourself an education. you and sandford can go bury your heads in the sand together. facts are "scientists" have had it both ways, and once the media runs with anything, and the paranoid people get going, forget it. scientists are much like engineers, there are some very good ones, and there a a whole pile of ones who's degree is worthless for anything other than toilet paper. all you have to do is search, you can find data that disagree's with everything. finding scientific data that disagree with each other is about as hard as finding political polls that disagree with each other, it aint hard!

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by GRTfast » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:23 am

lefty o wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:12 am
GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm
lefty o wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 pm


take it however you want. like i said, you can find all the data out there you want to support any claim you want to make. history should at the least make you look twice at what scientists claim is going to happen. heck during the 1970's, they claimed we were only decades away from an ice age that would be equal to or colder than the one that killed off the dinosaurs, and now they are preaching the opposite.
This is like the forth time in a month that someone has said that BS on here. This is why I can’t take any of you guys seriously. You’re just wrong, over and over. The problem is, there’s enough of you that you begin to beleive yourselves.

There was never a time in the 70’s where the consensus was that we were “decades from an ice age”. The vast majority of scientific studies and articles back them were predicting warming. A small minority talked about cooling, and were proven wrong. A Time magazine cover said something about global cooling. It was the media propagating a minority opinion. Educate yourself. Or don’t.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10 ... nload=true
maybe you need to get yourself an education. you and sandford can go bury your heads in the sand together. facts are "scientists" have had it both ways, and once the media runs with anything, and the paranoid people get going, forget it. scientists are much like engineers, there are some very good ones, and there a a whole pile of ones who's degree is worthless for anything other than toilet paper. all you have to do is search, you can find data that disagree's with everything. finding scientific data that disagree with each other is about as hard as finding political polls that disagree with each other, it aint hard!
Dude, it’s a fact that the majority of the science in the 70’s was predicting warming. I just showed you a study of all the relevant papers and studies from that era. There is a pattern forming here. One of you makes a claim, I show how it’s BS, then you just explain it away without actually backing your position. You’d be laughed out of any moderated debate, and you’d be laughed out of any serious scientific discussion with those “tactics”.

For sure there are some smart guys arguing with me on this topic, but so far i have seen almost no backing for a bunch of claims that I’ve rather easily been able to debunk.

Try harder.

Post Reply