Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-c ... itics.html
President Donald Trump is backing off his claim that climate change is a hoax but says he doesn't know if it's manmade and suggests that the climate will "change back again."

In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday night, Trump said he doesn't want to put the U.S. at a disadvantage in responding to climate change.

"I think something's happening. Something's changing and it'll change back again," he said. "I don't think it's a hoax. I think there's probably a difference. But I don't know that it's manmade. I will say this: I don't want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don't want to lose millions and millions of jobs."

Trump called climate change a hoax in November 2012 when he sent a tweet stating, "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." He later said he was joking about the Chinese connection, but in years since has continued to call global warming a hoax.

"I'm not denying climate change," he said in the interview. "But it could very well go back. You know, we're talking about over a ... millions of years."

As far as the climate "changing back," temperature records kept by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration show that the world hasn't had a cooler-than-average year since 1976 or a cooler-than-normal month since the end of 1985.

Trump, who is scheduled on Monday to visit areas of Georgia and Florida damaged by Hurricane Michael, also expressed doubt over scientists' findings linking the changing climate to more powerful hurricanes.

"They say that we had hurricanes that were far worse than what we just had with Michael," said Trump, who identified "they" as "people" after being pressed by "60 Minutes" correspondent Leslie Stahl. She asked, "What about the scientists who say it's worse than ever?" the president replied, "You'd have to show me the scientists because they have a very big political agenda."

Trump's comments came just days after a Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a warning that global warming would increase climate-related risks to health, livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security and economic growth. The report detailed how Earth's weather, health and ecosystems would be in better shape if the world's leaders could somehow limit future human-caused warming.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 pm

He needs a true report from the crooks to figure out the real cause. Hope he isn't planning on joining the religion. I wish he'd wake up to other things they are hiding from him as well.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 pm
He needs a true report from the crooks to figure out the real cause. Hope he isn't planning on joining the religion. I wish he'd wake up to other things they are hiding from him as well.
He's a demonrat and you fell for it...

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 pm

There is nothing DT could say at this point in his life that would lead me to think it was sincere, and not just pandering to his audience at the moment.

His maker will soon settle his score card.

The damage he has done to the world leading and encouraging others astray on climate change for persnal advantage will make him a modern day world wide infamous US "Nero" for centuries.

fiddle while Rome burns
To do something trivial and irresponsible in the midst of an emergency; legend has it that while a fire destroyed the city of Rome, the emperor Nero played his violin, thus revealing his total lack of concern for his people and his empire.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 pm

President Trump is talking about the man made part that he does not know about. I agree. The man made part is very, very small. It is water vapor that is currently playing the major role.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 pm
President Trump is talking about the man made part that he does not know about. I agree. The man made part is very, very small. It is water vapor that is currently playing the major role.
Glad you finally admit climate change is real after all the years of denial. =D>

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:12 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-c ... itics.html
President Donald Trump is backing off his claim that climate change is a hoax but says he doesn't know if it's manmade and suggests that the climate will "change back again."

In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday night, Trump said he doesn't want to put the U.S. at a disadvantage in responding to climate change.

"I think something's happening. Something's changing and it'll change back again," he said. "I don't think it's a hoax. I think there's probably a difference. But I don't know that it's manmade. I will say this: I don't want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don't want to lose millions and millions of jobs."

Trump called climate change a hoax in November 2012 when he sent a tweet stating, "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." He later said he was joking about the Chinese connection, but in years since has continued to call global warming a hoax.

"I'm not denying climate change," he said in the interview. "But it could very well go back. You know, we're talking about over a ... millions of years."

As far as the climate "changing back," temperature records kept by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration show that the world hasn't had a cooler-than-average year since 1976 or a cooler-than-normal month since the end of 1985.

Trump, who is scheduled on Monday to visit areas of Georgia and Florida damaged by Hurricane Michael, also expressed doubt over scientists' findings linking the changing climate to more powerful hurricanes.

"They say that we had hurricanes that were far worse than what we just had with Michael," said Trump, who identified "they" as "people" after being pressed by "60 Minutes" correspondent Leslie Stahl. She asked, "What about the scientists who say it's worse than ever?" the president replied, "You'd have to show me the scientists because they have a very big political agenda."

Trump's comments came just days after a Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a warning that global warming would increase climate-related risks to health, livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security and economic growth. The report detailed how Earth's weather, health and ecosystems would be in better shape if the world's leaders could somehow limit future human-caused warming.
I watched the 60 minutes interview, I thought a lot of what Trump said, and how he said it was very disturbing. Every tough question came with either a lie or a change of subject. I can not decide if Trump is just mentally disturbed, or evil. I also noticed that he does not look well, I think the pressure may be getting to him.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:33 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Glad you finally admit climate change is real after all the years of denial. =D>
Natural climate change is for real. I have said all along that we have been coming out of the last Ice Age.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:35 pm

As to the 60 Minute interview, Leslie was there to argue and not interview. Also the deceptive editing. [-X

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:47 am

He needs to talk to someone like me and learn the good stuff. =D> =D> =D> =D>

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:47 am
Two peas in a pod. A couple of really smart guys with big brains.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Why do you not go to the scientific community and research the subject as opposed to statements based on ignorance? Now the president can even can see some truth ,even though it is muddled with his stupid filter. I am ignorant of climatology but actions like pumping billions of tons of gases into the atmosphere over a century has consequences .

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:46 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:47 am
That is one of the problems, he is surrounded by people like you. That is not a cut on you but a statement of fact.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:33 pm
Natural climate change is for real.
Finally...now you wont cry anymore when I post global temps?

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:35 pm
As to the 60 Minute interview, Leslie was there to argue and not interview. Also the deceptive editing. [-X
Kelly Ann Conway Was on Fox news and said the interview went well, and the editing was fair. Leslie several times just let his lies go, as she knew he will not admit anything anyway. Trump had an open platform to say what ever he wanted. And as usual he spoke in lies and tried never to admit anything is more than just perfect and going to plan.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/15/k ... -interview