Presidential Emergency Alert Text

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

woody b
Guru
Guru

Re: Presidential Emergency Alert Text

Post by woody b » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:25 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 am
I'm not buying this. the sheep apparently are.

Please explain to me what Nationwide "emergency" exists, other then the one I mention later, that justifies this new procedure.

I mean amber alerts are local, and right now fairly inept in their handling, if these become nationwide, they will quickly become routine, ignored and useless.

For instance, what real difference individually would this notice have made on say 9/11?

I kinda like having the media involved, as that means we have thousands? of connected well placed reporters digging into a situation, vs one single source, controlled by one person, with a virtual monopoly of the message being disseminated.

Only advantage I see for this system, is mass simultaneous acquiesce of the entire nationwide populace, when declaring Martial law, and the accompanying restriction of freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, etc in a contrived "emergency", with one single phone text.

First you find a demon, then call them a Mob, and then justify the need to seek "security". Text follows.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/15/politics ... index.html
jeeeesh, paranoid much?

can you tie in hitler to this somehow?
Hitler sent out texts using the same cell phone that Christine Blasey Ford call home on after that mean supreme court justice assaulted her.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:01 am
j-c-c wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 am
gmrocket wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am

Normal people wouldn't care either way..it's just to prevent lawsuits from the lefties..because everything that happens is the fault of someone else.

Ever use a ladder and see all the warning stickers? It's the same thing, it prevents left wing lawsuits

Because, who knew you couldn't use a ladder on top of a car going down the freeway at 60mph?

If there was some major threat, the lefties would be at the court house before the bombs went off....the text alert is just a warning for those idiots
Seriously?

You think this is all about providing legal cover because a group might seek legal redress after a nationwide Emergency? :lol: :lol:
Your an idiot..just about every country that's not third world has warnings.

Your over thinking it into some kind of conspiracy

It makes sense just based on what's going on in the world over the last few years.

We had warning systems before during the Cold War, which were huge air sirens mounted high around major cities.

This is just 21 century warnings

Or are you just freaked out because it comes as "presidential ". And that makes you crazy?
And You call me an idiot?

But still working to figure out a reason for this?

You must be of the group that likes "smart" million dollar highway road signs, while sitting stopped in traffic, It tells you and thousands more,
"accident Ahead"

Brilliant. :lol:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 pm
gmrocket wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

Seriously?

You think this is all about providing legal cover because a group might seek legal redress after a nationwide Emergency? :lol: :lol:

It makes sense just based on what's going on in the world over the last few years.

We had warning systems before during the Cold War, which were huge air sirens mounted high around major cities.

Or are you just freaked out because it comes as "presidential ". And that makes you crazy?

You must be of the group that likes "smart" million dollar highway road signs, while sitting stopped in traffic, It tells you and thousands more,
"accident Ahead"

Ok, call trump and tell him to take you off the warning list. I'm ok with that

The if a lefty ever gets in power again, you can call and get your name back on

It's clearly a Hitler, I mean Trump issue

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:23 pm

j-c-c wrote:
gmrocket wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

Seriously?

"accident Ahead"

And you would plow full speed into a traffic jam, then get your lawyer to say the sign wasn't big enough, or bright enough, or in plain language for idiots.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm
j-c-c wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

"accident Ahead"

Ok, call trump and tell him to take you off the warning list. I'm ok with that

The if a lefty ever gets in power again, you can call and get your name back on

It's clearly a Hitler, I mean Trump issue
Classic DT deflection [-X