North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8771
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

Excellent news. :D

"SEOUL, South Korea — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that in his meeting with Kim Jong-un on Sunday, the leader of North Korea had agreed to allow inspectors into a key nuclear testing site that the North has claimed it blew up, a down payment on the country’s commitment to denuclearize the country. Mr. Pompeo, whose planned trip to the North in August was canceled by President Trump because of a lack of progress, described his few hours on the ground in Pyongyang, the capital, as a “good trip.” The two men discussed “the upcoming second summit” between Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim, refining options for the time and place of the next meeting between the two leaders, said Heather Nauert, a State Department spokeswoman. But no date or place was announced."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/worl ... visit.html

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am

Why would they care who looks at? They closed the test site last year after it was badly damaged in an eathquake.....just sayin
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5683
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am
Why would they care who looks at? They closed the test site last year after it was badly damaged in an eathquake.....just sayin
Yup...these trumptards will latch on to anything trump says and regurgitate it when commanded.... #-o

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4641
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by RevTheory » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Sounds like progress to me. To quote President Trump, "we'll see what happens."

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm

They have haven't built a new test site that we know of, but it's not clear they need additional testing. There is some question and how small they have gotten a working bomb, but no question they have working devices which fundamentally changed the conversation.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8771
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm

The lefties on this forum are saddened by any progress being made with North Korea.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by j-c-c » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm
The lefties on this forum are saddened by any progress being made with North Korea.
And which group is always elated, repeatedly, about claims of "Peace in our time"?

And who here has little sense of history, are loved for being uneducated, don't read non fiction books, believe propaganda, etc?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8771
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm
The lefties on this forum are saddened by any progress being made with North Korea.
And which group is always elated, repeatedly, about claims of "Peace in our time"?

And who here has little sense of history, are loved for being uneducated, don't read non fiction books, believe propaganda, etc?
Exhibit A. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: North Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors Into Nuclear Testing Site, Pompeo Says

Post by j-c-c » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm
The lefties on this forum are saddened by any progress being made with North Korea.
And which group is always elated, repeatedly, about claims of "Peace in our time"?

And who here has little sense of history, are loved for being uneducated, don't read non fiction books, believe propaganda, etc?
Exhibit A. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exhibit B

Post Reply