When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

Post by GRTfast » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 am

86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:21 am
GRTfast wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm
86_regal wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm

What more can you expect to get out of this than opinions?

Seems to me you're coming close to the #believewomen narrative... which is just that, a narrative?
Which BTW, is NOT proof.
Seems to me, you can’t answer a simple question. People’s beliefs inform their actions. It’s improtant to understand one’s world view of you want to understand how they justify their positions.
Can't answer? Come on GRT...

The question is meant to ply an answer which creates the perception of validity and reinforcement of a warped idealogical narrative which has no bearing on SPECIFIC, INDIVIDUAL allegations of rape.

IF I were to answer your question that men are more likely to sexually abuse women and deny it than women reporting false accusations, is that PROOF that Kavanuagh is guilty and Ford's allegation was truthful? Really??

It's important to understand one's world view? People's beliefs inform their actions? Justify their positions?

This vaguely similar to "his truth", "her truth" or "your truth"...
I thought there was only ONE truth...

Do you offer the same latitude and "justification" to men who believe women are to be controlled and only needed for child bearing? People who still contend blacks are an inferior race and should relegated back into slavery? How about climate change deniers?

I don't understand how someone like yourself, whom I respect for having respect for scientific methodologies & principles in the PURSUIT OF TRUTH could subscribe to this line of reasoning...
Whoa! You’re reading a lot more into my question than I intended. I’m genuinely curious what the members here think happens more often. I’m not attempting to use that question to imply anything about Kavanaugh. He’s either guilty or innocent. If it is a criminal trial, he would (and should) be found innocent, as there wasn’t enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I’m no fan of his, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s done some shady stuff, but we have due process for a reason.

86_regal

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 am
86_regal wrote:
GRTfast wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Seems to me, you can’t answer a simple question. People’s beliefs inform their actions. It’s improtant to understand one’s world view of you want to understand how they justify their positions.

The question is meant to ply an answer which creates the perception of validity and reinforcement of a warped idealogical narrative which has no bearing on SPECIFIC, INDIVIDUAL allegations of rape.

IF I were to answer your question that men are more likely to sexually abuse women and deny it than women reporting false accusations, is that PROOF that Kavanuagh is guilty and Ford's allegation was truthful? Really??

It's important to understand one's world view? People's beliefs inform their actions? Justify their positions?

Do you offer the same latitude and "justification" to men who believe women are to be controlled and only needed for child bearing? People who still contend blacks are an inferior race and should relegated back into slavery? How about climate change deniers?

I don't understand how someone like yourself, whom I respect for having respect for scientific methodologies & principles in the PURSUIT OF TRUTH could subscribe to this line of reasoning...
Whoa! You’re reading a lot more into my question than I intended. I’m genuinely curious what the members here think happens more often. I’m not attempting to use that question to imply anything about Kavanaugh. He’s either guilty or innocent. If it is a criminal trial, he would (and should) be found innocent, as there wasn’t enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I’m no fan of his, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s done some shady stuff, but we have due process for a reason.
Well, that may be...

But why the ardent interest to ply an answer from me?

Having read your posts, and ascertaining that you’re clearly a very intelligent person, I’m forced to conclude you’re aware of where such a question leads while creating a strong suspicion, yet a not quite empirical revelation of your line of thinking on this matter...

I’m glad we’re in agreement on Kavanaugh. I hope it’s a clarification and not back peddling...

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am

86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am
GRTfast wrote:
86_regal wrote:

Well, that may be...

Having read your posts, and ascertaining that you’re clearly a very intelligent person, I’m forced to conclude you’re aware of where such a question leads while creating a strong suspicion, yet a not quite empirical revelation of your line of thinking on this matter...

I’m glad we’re in agreement on Kavanaugh. I hope it’s a clarification and not back peddling...
My initial post was a genuine question, because it seems there is a notion being floated that the real dangerous issue facing society on this topic is women lying about being assaulted, not women being assaulted. In the specific case with Kavanaugh, it may be that he’s innocent, BUT i feel that situation is being used to paint all women who speak up as liars. When the president said that this is a scary time for men, it just made me laugh and shake my head. It’s like he, and many other men are 100% unaware of what actually happens to thousands of women each day, or more accurately, that they just don’t care.

86_regal

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am
86_regal wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

Well, that may be...

My initial post was a genuine question, because it seems there is a notion being floated that the real dangerous issue facing society on this topic is women lying about being assaulted, not women being assaulted. In the specific case with Kavanaugh, it may be that he’s innocent, BUT i feel that situation is being used to paint all women who speak up as liars. When the president said that this is a scary time for men, it just made me laugh and shake my head. It’s like he, and many other men are 100% unaware of what actually happens to thousands of women each day, or more accurately, that they just don’t care.
Thanks for the clarification...

I understand where your coming from, but with all due respect, I see a major flaw in such line of thinking.

Let’s use the racial inequality issue as an example...

When those who espouse the existence of “white privilege” and/or racial inequality, is it helpful when those on the right parrot statistics such as “blacks are murdered by other blacks at much higher rates than white are murdering blacks”..?

No, because it is still drawing distinctions across racial/identity lines, causing further erosion of social morale, perpetuating contempt & division and paves the way for “social justice” which INVARIABLY undermines the application of ACTUAL justice (which can ONLY be born out by the merits of EACH, DISPARATE, INDIVIDUAL case).

If one’s ends, like most politicians, is to continue “burning the place down” by all means, keep flailing the torch around...

If one’s ends are to maximize tranquility, ask a fireman if he fights fire with FIRE or water...

To “extinguish” such lines of reasoning, we must look at people as INDIVIDUALS, NOT as members of a race, class, gender or creed.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

GRTfast wrote:
86_regal wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

Well, that may be...

The danger lies in the fact that some women think they can make allegations without proof; and there is no penalty for such behavior. The issue is actually gender non-specific. The age old battles of the sexes is not a matter of national concern; it is a personal matter and should be handled at that level.

Once upon a time, men were expected to protect women and keep them from harm and abuse. No more.
The feminist movement destroyed that idea completely. Activist women wanted "equality" but did not like
it one bit when they actually got it.

Law enforcement and society cannot protect you from dangerous nut cases. You must be capable of protecting yourself, either directly or indirectly. There are no safe havens (outside the womb); never were, never will be.

My current wife, my daughter and two grand daughters have been taught to shoot accurately; and they will, if necessary.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am

GRTfast wrote:
86_regal wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

Well, that may be...

They are both serious issues. I personally think its more serious and a danger to our legal system to get caught up in social outrage about an allegation.

As an example, recently here a high profile personality had allegations leveled against him by a few women who said he beat them and sexually assaulted them..

He did beat them..no question about it, he admitted he liked rough [Blank Post]. The problem was , the woman also liked it..yet changed their minds after the relationships were ended, by him.

They were caught colluding during the trial to get stories in line with each other. They got caught, he also proved they were quite willing in the rough [Blank Post] as he saved his text messages from them..who said things like,,last night was great, I want you to do that again to me".

Of course he got off,,yet he is still vilified by the msm and had to leave town and go hide for a while. His lawyer, A WOMAN received death threats and had to have personal security..she also took a career hit for defending an innocent man.

The mobs, like believe all woman and others still, to this day...want his head and his lawyers

Things like this go through the family court everyday, it's just not high profile. Those woman did not face any form of punishment for lying in court .

All this info is public knowledge of you want to look it up.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am

Nashville predators player Austin Watson was charged this summer for assaulting his girlfriend. 3 months probation, attend an in patient treatment program and a batterers intervention program.

The league suspended him 27 games even though they do not have a policy regarding games suspension $$$ on these kinds of things.

His girlfriend has admitted he did not assault her and never would, and that she is an admitted life long alcoholic who attends AA.

Oh well, this will hang over him and his career the rest of his life.

I could post stuff like this daily,, multiple times a day. Maybe I will.

Just another white privelaged guy who was hung out to dry because she was #believeallwoman

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:39 am

43878092_2241448506073052_8403808464786161664_n.jpg

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am

Just heard on the news here a female grade school teacher just got charged for sexually assaulting a 10 year old boy..

I'll post the link

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 pm

I bet that poor boy was scared stiff! :D

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 pm
I bet that poor boy was scared stiff! :D
I'll bet...poor kid.

I remember when I was about 15 my neighbor she was 18 or 19, took advantage of me . It was terrible. But I don't think I'll go find her now and press charges. I should have just said no to begin with,, it was all my fault 😜

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 pm

I'm sorry for your childhood tragedy!

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 pm
now you triggered me 8)

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm
RevTheory wrote:
now you triggered me 8)
Oh God, my gender-neutral micro-aggressions! I need a comfort bunny! It's Donald Trump's fault! :lol:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:56 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm
RevTheory wrote:
now you triggered me 8)
Oh God, my gender-neutral micro-aggressions! I need a comfort bunny! It's Donald Trump's fault! :lol:
bring in the comfort donkeys!! eeha eeeha