When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

woody b
Guru
Guru

When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

Post by woody b » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 pm

When it is sexual abuse, or assault?
What if my Grandson sits on the bus next to Mary Youngchick everyday. They talk and he thinks she "likes" him. One day he decides to try to kiss her. She pulls away and says no. (she like Kens Grandson) My Grandson stops his advance, and leaves her alone. Is he an abuser? A while after that he's sitting on the bus next to Jill Snowflake. Same thing, he thinks she "likes" him, and tries to kiss her. She pulls away and says no. (she wants to be a man, when she graduates she's going to join the Army and have addadiktome surgery). He stops his advance and doesn't bother her anymore. Is he a "serial abuser" now?

Now, for victims responsibility. What if my neighbor jumps my fence and steals a float out of my pool. I know he done it, but don't report it since it's just "neighbors being neighbors". A few days later he jumps another neighbors fence and steals something from them. Should the second neighbor be mad at me because I didn't report it when my stuff was stolen? Had I reported the theft it's probable that my other neighbor wouldn't have had anything stolen.

Leave Kavanaugh, Bill Clinton, Keith Ellison, Al Franken ect out of it, so it's not political.

What if Bill Cosby's first victim would have reported him? How many victims could have been spared from this abuses? What if Harvey Weinstein's first victim would have reported him? How many victims could have been spared? What if Leslie Moonves first victim would have reported him?
I believe victims (of anything) have a responsibility to come forward, in a timely fashion to protect potential future victims. Obviously young children abused by family members ect are a different situation but a grown person should speak up at the time any abuse happens.

I'm not blaming the victim for being a victim, I'm blaming the victim for not stepping up and reporting stuff to protect future victims.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

Post by j-c-c » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm

woody b wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 pm
When it is sexual abuse, or assault?
What if my Grandson sits on the bus next to Mary Youngchick everyday. They talk and he thinks she "likes" him. One day he decides to try to kiss her. She pulls away and says no. (she like Kens Grandson) My Grandson stops his advance, and leaves her alone. Is he an abuser? A while after that he's sitting on the bus next to Jill Snowflake. Same thing, he thinks she "likes" him, and tries to kiss her. She pulls away and says no. (she wants to be a man, when she graduates she's going to join the Army and have addadiktome surgery). He stops his advance and doesn't bother her anymore. Is he a "serial abuser" now?

Now, for victims responsibility. What if my neighbor jumps my fence and steals a float out of my pool. I know he done it, but don't report it since it's just "neighbors being neighbors". A few days later he jumps another neighbors fence and steals something from them. Should the second neighbor be mad at me because I didn't report it when my stuff was stolen? Had I reported the theft it's probable that my other neighbor wouldn't have had anything stolen.

Leave Kavanaugh, Bill Clinton, Keith Ellison, Al Franken ect out of it, so it's not political.

What if Bill Cosby's first victim would have reported him? How many victims could have been spared from this abuses? What if Harvey Weinstein's first victim would have reported him? How many victims could have been spared? What if Leslie Moonves first victim would have reported him?
I believe victims (of anything) have a responsibility to come forward, in a timely fashion to protect potential future victims. Obviously young children abused by family members ect are a different situation but a grown person should speak up at the time any abuse happens.

I'm not blaming the victim for being a victim, I'm blaming the victim for not stepping up and reporting stuff to protect future victims.
Is there an age requirement here for duty to report?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:41 pm

I hope your not a white man jcc.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:49 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:41 pm
I hope your not a white man jcc.
Your hope is in vain I'm afraid, Never seen a white person, most people seem to have varying skin tones of tan thru brown, but I'll keep looking though.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Woody, I think that's what the metoo movement was about prior to the liberals politicizing it. It started off with women finally being able to come forward, at least I thought that's what it was about.

I don't know who's going to trust anyone now, though.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Serious question, what do you think happens more often? Men sexually abusing women and denying it, or women falsely accusing men of sexual abuse?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:16 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm
Serious question, what do you think happens more often? Men sexually abusing women and denying it, or women falsely accusing men of sexual abuse?
I have my opinion, but I think the underlying issue really is, men to a large degree, don't feel a lot of what is done isn't really "sexual abuse", in that its just "horsing around", and "she didn't try to stab me with a knife" so she must have been into it, rationalization.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 pm

In my younger years, I went to a lot of parties, and many had things going on like described in the Kavanaugh hearing. One night we put a girl in a bedroom who had passed out. When we went in to check on her this guy had her pants about half off, I beat him for about 15 minutes, not sure if it broke him of a bad habit but it made me feel better. The best wat to stop this kind of behavior is to make people understand its not acceptable, to shame them, etc. I have little respect on how the police handle these types of issues. Last time my shop got broke into, the attitude of the cops was you got insurance right? I don't envy a cops job, but they signed on for it, and they need to do it. 6 rapes out of a thousand the guy actually goes to jail. Why do women not report this stuff, that tells you everything you need to know.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/crimin ... ice-system

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:16 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm
I have my opinion, but I think the underlying issue really is, men to a large degree, don't feel a lot of what is done isn't really "sexual abuse", in that its just "horsing around", and "she didn't try to stab me with a knife" so she must have been into it, rationalization.
I incorrectly used a double negative, my bad. :oops:

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Just shoot your abuser and be done with it!

He, He!!

pdq67

Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:20 pm

A guy I went to high school with was charged with raping a girl who was passed out at a party. The charges were dropped after investigators found at least 3 different DNA in her underwear, which seriously hurt her credibility. Still, I’m 100% sure he was guilty. Afterwards they both went on with life as usual. My point is, that although the crime is serious in the books, sometimes it doesn’t really matter much to anyone. They both still live in our hometown, we sometimes joke about it...he’s a really nice guy, he just likes to rape women.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Splitter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:20 pm
A guy I went to high school with was charged with raping a girl who was passed out at a party. The charges were dropped after investigators found at least 3 different DNA in her underwear, which seriously hurt her credibility. Still, I’m 100% sure he was guilty. Afterwards they both went on with life as usual. My point is, that although the crime is serious in the books, sometimes it doesn’t really matter much to anyone. They both still live in our hometown, we sometimes joke about it...he’s a really nice guy, he just likes to rape women.
"he's a really nice guy, he just likes to rape women" has to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard in my life.

Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Of course, it’s totally absurd...it was the punch line! I should have put it in quotations.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:06 am

Splitter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm
Of course, it’s totally absurd...it was the punch line! I should have put it in quotations.
its not even funny in quotations.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:26 am

lefty o wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:06 am
Splitter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm
its not even funny in quotations.
He wasn't trying to be funny, its the mindset of a large part of today's society, if one has been paying attention the last few weeks.

We will soon be making rape great again by making a wife exempt from accusing their spouse of rape, because they will look at her birth control pills, her prior history with the rapist, etc, while we are talking absurd, no quotations needed. #-o