A case of mistaken identity?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: A case of mistaken identity?

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Well, if we are playing "what if's", a possible reason for Dr Ford to request strongly an FBI investigation, everyone knows lying to FBI is a Felony, and if either of the two "boys" goes beyond an "i don't recall" explanation, and Dr Ford has a Monica "blue dress" " in the wings" say for, corroboration, this whole confirmation could go south rather quickly.

This possibility is supported somewhat by the resistance by DT and Congress of involving the FBI in any form at this point. The other "boy" is not willing to risk taking a felony rap for the nominee by going on record.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:24 pm

No, that's not what it means. It means someone thought they saw a pattern and thought it important to pass on. Who knows if it was real, but second looks at simple things it what follows a serious accusation.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm

This is another example of fake news. While it may be true that a prominent judge wants his staff to dress a certain way, but by the time the media is done framing the story for you, it appears to mysteriously match up with the narrative that the dems want pushed.

It reminds me of something Joe Rogan said, "how much human shit are you willing to spread on a ham sandwich before you're no-longer willing to call it a ham sandwich?"

Rather crude, but a perfect example of the media warping stories so they match the narrative they're pushing. You're supposed to be a fairly-intelligent person; why can't you see this glaring truth? Does it need non-binary strobe lights and gender-neutral sirens?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm
This is another example of fake news. While it may be true that a prominent judge wants his staff to dress a certain way, but by the time the media is done framing the story for you, it appears to mysteriously match up with the narrative that the dems want pushed.

It reminds me of something Joe Rogan said, "how much human shit are you willing to spread on a ham sandwich before you're no-longer willing to call it a ham sandwich?"

Rather crude, but a perfect example of the media warping stories so they match the narrative they're pushing. You're supposed to be a fairly-intelligent person; why can't you see this glaring truth? Does it need non-binary strobe lights and gender-neutral sirens?

A common deflection, focus on the messenger instead of the message. How diligent have you been in applying the same "medicine" to your own viewpoint, out of curiosity?

mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 pm

mk e wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:08 pm
Hard to know....but if she's willing to testify to the story it's hard to ignore.

Then stuff like this starts to pop up too.....

A few years ago, as she was prepping to interview for a judicial clerkship, a student at Yale Law School received a troubling combination of warning and advice from her professors about one federal judge in particular: Brett Kavanaugh, she was told, liked his female clerks to have a “certain look.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brett-kavana ... 23739.html
'
Mark you keep getting lower and lower. Its time for you to remove your signature because you are making engineers look really stupid.I thought you used your brain to think but now I can see it is all done on a computer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. He vacillates from just making things up to posting flat out conspiracy theories.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 pm

mitch wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 pm
mk e wrote:
Hard to know....but if she's willing to testify to the story it's hard to ignore.

A few years ago, as she was prepping to interview for a judicial clerkship, a student at Yale Law School received a troubling combination of warning and advice from her professors about one federal judge in particular: Brett Kavanaugh, she was told, liked his female clerks to have a “certain look.”

'
Mark you keep getting lower and lower. Its time for you to remove your signature because you are making engineers look really stupid.I thought you used your brain to think but now I can see it is all done on a computer
A common deflection again, focus on the messenger instead of the message.

Don't fret about "engineers", they can figure it out.

mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:07 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 pm
mitch wrote:
mk e wrote:

'

Yes they can but how long will it take

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:09 pm

mitch wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:07 pm
j-c-c wrote:
mitch wrote:

'

Yes they can but how long will it take
Pi +1

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 pm

I say vote him in now, then in a week fire muleher and all the rest, then watch the commie demon's go wack, then the coolness can happen. =D>

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:01 am

mk e wrote:

BUT, BUT, BUT!!!

She hasn't testified, now has she..

WHY???

I think that she got drunk at a party in school years ago and is using it to defame somebody she thinks she now hates the ideology of is all, No more, no less!!

And again, why did she go see, "the Head Dr.", is 2012 or 2013 or so??? Or was the person just a, "Therapist", instead of a, "Shrink"??"..

pdq67

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:34 am

j-c-c wrote:
mitch wrote:
mk e wrote:

'

Thank god you said "they" and not "we"

I'm relieved you don't consider yourself part of the engineering community

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:44 am

She was a slut back in school.

Her students say she is a kwack and very vindictive.

When a slut has a come to Jesus moment, she picks out the best of the many for her wall trophy...he is the unlucky one

The dems had this unintended consequences bomb in their back pocket hoping to god they didn't have too use it...because, it could hurt them. But they had nothing left, so they played it. This will hurt them, it's hurting them every minute they keep riding this nut job

I say,, ride that pony!!! Hahaha

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 am

gmrocket wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:44 am
I say,, ride that pony!!! Hahaha
Sounds like everyone else did :mrgreen:

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:34 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 pm
Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. He vacillates from just making things up to posting flat out conspiracy theories.
Just because you don't like a story doesn't make it false.

There is a very good reason that whichever party is in control tries to move things like judge confirmations quickly....that want it done during the "honeymoon" and before people give it too much thought and all the little stuff starts dripping out into the open.

As I said, this is unlikely to stop the confirmation and us timed and intended to help dems a bit in the midterms.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer