The Death Of The NFL..........................

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: The Death Of The NFL..........................

Post by j-c-c » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 pm

howey wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm
I'm thrilled, I so hate that ball sports crap. Good riddance. All it is for is to keep peoples minds off of what is really happening, things like demoncrat crookedness.
I don't know enough about this NFL issue to comment specifically but I will reply to the statement above. Isn't a pastime or hobby/interest of any sort, be it ball sports, motorsports, hiking, boating, craft, music designed to do exactly that? It gives you something to focus on and enjoy. Whether it's going fast, kicking a ball or strumming a guitar. You seem to be suggesting that they're a distraction designed to deflect attention from evil. Am I reading you correctly?
Its the modern day Sunday legal opiate of the couch dwellers? :shock:

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm
That is a lie, she said you could take half of DT's supporters and "put them in a basket of deplorables", when you say "people like me', you are calling yourself a "deplorable", leave HC out of it. If you can't see that distinction, you might be in the wrong basket, guess it's name. :lol: #-o

Once this is resolved, we can move on to Biden. :roll:
So when Trump said SOME of the people coming across the southern border were drug dealers and rapists you agree he wasn't referring to all Hispanics?
Yes, as long as we understand that that (SOME) was a contemporaneous partial retraction damage control remark from what he said a moment before, and i reserve the right to decide for myself, based on a mountain of evidence of the man's inner thoughts before and after, as to where his mind is really at, ie he is a bigot/racist/liar, to be blunt.
That's the response I would expect from a grade A hypocrite.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Headline: NFL’s Just Received Some Bad News As ‘MNF’ Posts Worst Week 2 Ratings EVER Recorded

Story: "The ratings for Week Two’s Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks crashed to the lowest numbers ever recorded for a Week Two Monday night game.The ratings for Week Two’s Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks crashed to the lowest numbers ever recorded for a Week Two Monday night game."

http://dailyheadlines.net/nfls-just-rec ... -recorded/

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 pm

howey wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm
I'm thrilled, I so hate that ball sports crap. Good riddance. All it is for is to keep peoples minds off of what is really happening, things like demoncrat crookedness.
I don't know enough about this NFL issue to comment specifically but I will reply to the statement above. Isn't a pastime or hobby/interest of any sort, be it ball sports, motorsports, hiking, boating, craft, music designed to do exactly that? It gives you something to focus on and enjoy. Whether it's going fast, kicking a ball or strumming a guitar. You seem to be suggesting that they're a distraction designed to deflect attention from evil. Am I reading you correctly?
Yeah but you will never see sewing hyped on the news. Only the ball sports crap they literally shove it down our throats every day, again every day. They interrupt normal programming for it, they close roads to celebrate a victory etc. etc. They make it something we are suppose to literally worship. And the only time a mention is made of any of the motor sports is when someone dies. Foot ball or other ball sports is not news it should not be on a news channel and push out any real news if there is any, just because a blanking team won a game. And is why I can't stand it, I don't like crap forced on me daily when I wish to see the local news. And if there is some real interesting news tid bit there is maybe a 30 second flash of a picture of it, and when the sports crap comes up they will spend 5 minutes on the players mouth moving and saying absolutely nothing. You know bla bla da ball, bla bla da ball club, bla bla da ball, bla bla da ball.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am

While the whole Kapernick thing has stripped away some viewers I think a big part of the decline is that the "bandwagon" fan has moved on to the next attraction. Just like Nascar there was a surge of people watching who really weren't hard core fans. Every Sunday suburban Soccer moms and dads would gather up their friends and go to someone's house to have a Nascar party or a football party and watch a game or race and pretend they were really interested. You had food and fun and friends and it was the place to be. This lasted for a few years but that eventually got old. Watch parties were just another fad and now we're heading back to just fans tuning in. Of course the product on the field isn't helping either. Too many penalties. To many interruptions for commercials. Too many bad teams.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:58 am

^^^I did the same thing with the UFC probably close to 10 years ago. Bought the fight, someone bought pizza, others bought beer/booze, bet a buck on each fight and all had a great time. Things just fizzle out.

I can't even imagine paying that kind of money for cold seats, traffic, stale beer, etc. and then have to watch a bunch of guys use game day for a protest that they didn't seem to give a shit about during the off-season on their own time and dime.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 am

dirtracr5 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm
I'm not a football fan at all however here in Canada the CFL is a big deal and many love it. The players will tour around in the off season speaking at schools and events. Sharing their stories about their lives, their victories and defeats in life. Many of them are Christians who came from very broken lives and now they are a source of inspiration to many. A giant new football stadium was just built in Regina that cost untold dollars. I don't know anything about the NFL but pro-sports in general i think is surviving on a certain demographic of people that they can't afford to lose ?
Brian
Its the same here. Many NFL player have charities and do speaking events ect. One guy raised 37 million by himself for hurricane relief.

I think the image has been tarnished in part to a divisive white house trying to pit Americans against each other.
Exactly...many NFL folks do a lot of good. Problem is that doesn't fit the trumpard narrative so it gets ignored.... #-o

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm

engineczar wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm

So when Trump said SOME of the people coming across the southern border were drug dealers and rapists you agree he wasn't referring to all Hispanics?
Yes, as long as we understand that that (SOME) was a contemporaneous partial retraction damage control remark from what he said a moment before, and i reserve the right to decide for myself, based on a mountain of evidence of the man's inner thoughts before and after, as to where his mind is really at, ie he is a bigot/racist/liar, to be blunt.
That's the response I would expect from a grade A hypocrite.
Sorry,"Hypocrite" only applies in this context, for those who believe in "alternative" facts, and yet you did not make a case to disprove a single fact I mentioned above. :lol:

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm

this is all i see in this section of speedtalk :

Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step over the ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! -- All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a Thousand years. At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide. ”

Abraham Lincoln
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm

"The first casualty when war comes is truth," remarked Hiram Johnson

Seems the war has already started.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:45 pm

11 in a row! Woo hoo, our nazitroll has outdone himself again. I logged in and he was only up to 6 so I thought I'd come back later to see how he did. What a troll... :lol:

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:45 pm
11 in a row! Woo hoo, our nazitroll has outdone himself again. I logged in and he was only up to 6 so I thought I'd come back later to see how he did. What a troll... :lol:
It takes a lot of effort to counter the in depth stupidity in today's times, Give me a break. :lol:

Hard to make progrees when people spend thier best efforts attacking the messenger rather the message.

Its OK, I'm up for it. =D>