The Death Of The NFL..........................

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

The Death Of The NFL..........................

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am

Along with the protests, the death spiral of the NFL continues..........................

‘Monday Night Football’ Posts Lowest Week 2 Ratings Ever Recorded
18 Sep 2018
The ratings for Week Two’s Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks, crashed to the lowest numbers ever recorded for a Week Two Monday night game.

According to Sports Business Daily’s Austin Karp, the Bears’ 24-7 mauling of the Seahawks flopped to an 8.2 in overnight ratings. That makes Monday night’s game the lowest rated Week Two game since the previous low in 2016 when the Bears faced the Philadelphia Eagles:

Ratings for Thursday and Sunday for Week One were also down, but things looked up a bit for last week’s Monday Night Football game. However, with Week Two, the ratings have again resumed their decline.

Karp noted that the game had competition with the 2018 Emmy’s broadcast, but the 70-year-old award celebration crashed to a never-before-seen low of a 7.4 overnight rating. Indeed, the 2018 Emmy Awards registered as the lowest Emmy’s broadcast ever measured. (more here)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: The Death Of The NFL..........................

Post by j-c-c » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

Ken0069 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am
Along with the protests, the death spiral of the NFL continues..........................

‘Monday Night Football’ Posts Lowest Week 2 Ratings Ever Recorded
18 Sep 2018
The ratings for Week Two’s Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks, crashed to the lowest numbers ever recorded for a Week Two Monday night game.

According to Sports Business Daily’s Austin Karp, the Bears’ 24-7 mauling of the Seahawks flopped to an 8.2 in overnight ratings. That makes Monday night’s game the lowest rated Week Two game since the previous low in 2016 when the Bears faced the Philadelphia Eagles:

Ratings for Thursday and Sunday for Week One were also down, but things looked up a bit for last week’s Monday Night Football game. However, with Week Two, the ratings have again resumed their decline.

Karp noted that the game had competition with the 2018 Emmy’s broadcast, but the 70-year-old award celebration crashed to a never-before-seen low of a 7.4 overnight rating. Indeed, the 2018 Emmy Awards registered as the lowest Emmy’s broadcast ever measured. (more here)
Reminds me of the NASCAR collapse, they blamed it for years on the economy, couldn't be anything they were doing to blame, while they relentlessly "re-arraigned the deck chairs".

NFL's elephant in the room, watching players inflict brain damage for entertainment, is unsettling, maybe not for all, I suspect they will always have a 38%? following, but the advertisers will soon get the message loud and clear, especially deplorable all the while when the billionaires are profiting handsomely from the blood sport.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:41 pm

They are having a hard time selling the National Felon League. I have not watched an NFL game in a couple of years now and do not have any plans to do so.

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm not a football fan at all however here in Canada the CFL is a big deal and many love it. The players will tour around in the off season speaking at schools and events. Sharing their stories about their lives, their victories and defeats in life. Many of them are Christians who came from very broken lives and now they are a source of inspiration to many. A giant new football stadium was just built in Regina that cost untold dollars. I don't know anything about the NFL but pro-sports in general i think is surviving on a certain demographic of people that they can't afford to lose ?
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm

prairiehotrodder wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm
I'm not a football fan at all however here in Canada the CFL is a big deal and many love it. The players will tour around in the off season speaking at schools and events. Sharing their stories about their lives, their victories and defeats in life. Many of them are Christians who came from very broken lives and now they are a source of inspiration to many. A giant new football stadium was just built in Regina that cost untold dollars. I don't know anything about the NFL but pro-sports in general i think is surviving on a certain demographic of people that they can't afford to lose ?
Brian
I don't know why it's so different here but it certainly is.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm

prairiehotrodder wrote:
Brian
Its the same here. Many NFL player have charities and do speaking events ect. One guy raised 37 million by himself for hurricane relief.

I think the image has been tarnished in part to a divisive white house trying to pit Americans against each other.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Just do it

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm

I'm thrilled, I so hate that ball sports crap. Good riddance. All it is for is to keep peoples minds off of what is really happening, things like demoncrat crookedness.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote:
Brian
Its the same here. Many NFL player have charities and do speaking events ect. One guy raised 37 million by himself for hurricane relief.

I think the image has been tarnished in part to a divisive white house trying to pit Americans against each other.
One with very selective memory ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Let me see, it was Hillary Clinton calling people like me deplorable. Recently it was Joe Biden calling people like me the "dregs of society".

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm
dirtracr5 wrote:
prairiehotrodder wrote:
Brian

One with very selective memory ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Let me see, it was Hillary Clinton calling people like me deplorable. Recently it was Joe Biden calling people like me the "dregs of society".
And all the news and Marxists here blame division on Trump. When it truly is Hiiiillllllaaaarrry and Biden that are the dividers, well yeah and all of MSM. And thank you Transam for pointing out the stupidity of these Marxist demoncrat trolls, what is going on in their heads why do they hate the idea of liberty? I don't get it. Why do they want that crud controlling their lives? Why?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:02 pm

The democRATS have long-been the party of fear and division. And thanks to Saul Alinsky, they've done a pretty good job of making people who don't want to think about things on their own actually believe it's the republicans.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
dirtracr5 wrote:
prairiehotrodder wrote:
Brian

That is a lie, she said you could take half of DT's supporters and "put them in a basket of deplorables", when you say "people like me', you are calling yourself a "deplorable", leave HC out of it. If you can't see that distinction, you might be in the wrong basket, guess it's name. :lol: #-o

Once this is resolved, we can move on to Biden. :roll:

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm
That is a lie, she said you could take half of DT's supporters and "put them in a basket of deplorables", when you say "people like me', you are calling yourself a "deplorable", leave HC out of it. If you can't see that distinction, you might be in the wrong basket, guess it's name. :lol: #-o

So when Trump said SOME of the people coming across the southern border were drug dealers and rapists you agree he wasn't referring to all Hispanics?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 pm

engineczar wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

So when Trump said SOME of the people coming across the southern border were drug dealers and rapists you agree he wasn't referring to all Hispanics?
Yes, as long as we understand that that (SOME) was a contemporaneous partial retraction damage control remark from what he said a moment before, and i reserve the right to decide for myself, based on a mountain of evidence of the man's inner thoughts before and after, as to where his mind is really at, ie he is a bigot/racist/liar, to be blunt.
Last edited by j-c-c on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howey

Post by howey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
I'm thrilled, I so hate that ball sports crap. Good riddance. All it is for is to keep peoples minds off of what is really happening, things like demoncrat crookedness.
I don't know enough about this NFL issue to comment specifically but I will reply to the statement above. Isn't a pastime or hobby/interest of any sort, be it ball sports, motorsports, hiking, boating, craft, music designed to do exactly that? It gives you something to focus on and enjoy. Whether it's going fast, kicking a ball or strumming a guitar. You seem to be suggesting that they're a distraction designed to deflect attention from evil. Am I reading you correctly?