Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5336
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:29 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 9861127263
President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have become one.

So shows Time magazine’s cover for its July 30 print edition. The magazine unveiled the cover online Thursday via a 19-second animated GIF that starts with Trump’s face slowly morphing into Putin’s, then back to Trump’s, then ending with the face of a creepy Trump-Putin love child.

The cover comes amid walkbacks, clarifications and contradictions by Trump following his joint news conference with Putin on Monday in Helsinki. Standing next to Putin inside Finland's Presidential Palace, Trump failed to support the collective finding of his own intelligence agencies that Russia had interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

“My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump told reporters. “I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Facing criticism, including from members of his own party, the president on Tuesday said he misspoke during the news conference. He meant to say, “I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t be Russia.” A double negative, the president added.

[A look at Trump’s on-again, off-again love affair with Time magazine]

But on Wednesday, Trump appeared to suggest that Russia is no longer targeting U.S. elections, again contradicting the findings of U.S. intelligence agencies. Hours later, the White House asserted that Trump's response to a question had been misconstrued.

In the story accompanying the Time cover, senior White House correspondent Brian Bennett raised this question: “Who did Trump trust more?” The Helsinki news conference, Bennett wrote, was a moment for Trump to forcefully rebuke a long-standing U.S. adversary. Instead, the president seemed to equate the credibility of his intelligence agencies with that of Putin, who, according to Trump, was “extremely strong and powerful” in denying Russia’s role.

“A year and a half into his presidency, Trump’s puzzling affinity for Putin has yet to be explained,” Bennett wrote. “Trump is bruised by the idea that Russian election meddling taints his victory, those close to him say, and can’t concede the fact that Russia did try to interfere in the election, regardless of whether it impacted the outcome.”

Time’s July 30 issue would be the sixth time this year that the magazine featured Trump — or a likeness of him — on its covers.


Still, Trump had relished being on the cover, “maybe more than almost any supermodel,” he once said. A fake Time cover featuring him had been on display at several Trump properties. He had also shown a preoccupation with the magazine’s annual Person of the Year, tweeting in November that he will “PROBABLY” be the one but that he opted out. Time promptly corrected him, saying the magazine does not comment on its choice ahead of publication.

The magazine stirred some controversy last month when it unveiled a cover featuring the president looking down at Yanela, a 2-year-old Honduran girl whose image had become a symbol of families separated by the Trump administration's “zero-tolerance” policy at the border. “Welcome to America,” says the cover’s text.

But Yanela was not, in fact, separated from her mother, who arrived at the border in Texas with her. The revelation prompted criticisms from the White House and conservatives, who accused Time of exploiting the girl’s photo. Time ultimately decided to stand by its cover, saying Yanela’s photo, captured by award-winning Getty Images photographer John Moore, is the “most visible symbol” of the immigration debate.
TIME nails it AGAIN! =D> :lol:

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by engineczar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm

20180719_151553.jpg

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5336
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Almost forgot the photo!

Image

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7738
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 pm

That is what the left has been reduced to. Innuendos and fake news. That is all they have left. This time magazine cover is a prime example.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 pm
That is what the left has been reduced to. Innuendos and fake news. That is all they have left. This time magazine cover is a prime example.
Judging a magazine by it's cover?

When the book burning starts, you will be just a spectator I suspect, as you have yet to ever reference one here in all your postings.
Last edited by j-c-c on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm

The left is proving everyday that they are the enemy of the USA.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7738
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:40 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm
The left is proving everyday that they are the enemy of the USA.
Yes they are. The latest scam is legally letting illegals vote. The illegals have been voting anyways and now it is out in the open.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm
The left is proving everyday that they are the enemy of the USA.
So you are in favor of firing squads to eliminate the "enemy"?

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7400
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am

I quit treading Time back in the latter '70's!

To me, it turned into a rag!!

pdq67

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:58 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am
I quit treading Time back in the latter '70's!

To me, it turned into a rag!!

pdq67
And your replacement source for news and info has been, or is your boycott still in effect?
The internet didn't really address that aspect until the 90's, and still took awhile to get its, albeit, tiny legs.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:24 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm
The left is proving everyday that they are the enemy of the USA.
So you are in favor of firing squads to eliminate the "enemy"?
No I'm for the marines to do their job and protect this country and constitution from the enemy, arrests and military court since the other ones are so corrupt now.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7400
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:35 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:58 pm
pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am
I quit treading Time back in the latter '70's!

To me, it turned into a rag!!

pdq67
And your replacement source for news and info has been, or is your boycott still in effect?
The internet didn't really address that aspect until the 90's, and still took awhile to get its, albeit, tiny legs.
Here and over on yellowbullet.

pdq67

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4277
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by mk e » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:24 pm

No I'm for the marines to do their job and protect this country and constitution from the enemy, arrests and military court since the other ones are so corrupt now.
So you've become a fascist now then? I'm not really surprised as most of the Rump play book is straight out of the nazi play book.
I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.
Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you…

It doesn’t walk in saying,
“Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 pm

mk e wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:24 pm

No I'm for the marines to do their job and protect this country and constitution from the enemy, arrests and military court since the other ones are so corrupt now.
So you've become a fascist now then? I'm not really surprised as most of the Rump play book is straight out of the nazi play book.
I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.
Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you…

It doesn’t walk in saying,
“Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution.
You left out the classic, "make the trains run on time" :lol:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4277
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Time unveils its latest cover: Faces of Trump and Putin morphed into one

Post by mk e » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 pm

You left out the classic, "make the trains run on time" :lol:
Ahh, "I don't care what you say about Mussalini, he made the trains run on time"
And the orange monkey has quoted Mussolini a couple times. .....
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Post Reply