US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7791
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Looks like things are moving right along and progress is being made. :D

"The United States and North Korea have agreed to search for the remains of 5,300 U.S. soldiers who died in the Korean War and whose bodies were never recovered, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement Sunday.

The statement was issued after “the first general officer-level talks” between the two countries since 2009.

“Today’s talks were productive and cooperative and resulted in firm commitments,” Pompeo said. Officials will hold further meetings Monday “to coordinate the next steps, including the transfer of remains already collected,” he said.

The weekend talks were held in the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea...."

http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/ ... 16dc2.html

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by j-c-c » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Trophies for everyone, let the Champagne flow, Pence in 2024, Putin is DT's bud, NK destroys all their rockets/nukes, good times are here again, or maybe we should wait for the proof in the pudding? #-o :lol:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by gmrocket » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Trophies for everyone, let the Champagne flow, Pence in 2024, Putin is DT's bud, NK destroys all their rockets/nukes, good times are here again, or maybe we should wait for the proof in the pudding? #-o :lol:
you left wing kooks can wait...we'll celebrate any good news from that place

you are one very depressing negative turd.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7791
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 am

gmrocket wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Trophies for everyone, let the Champagne flow, Pence in 2024, Putin is DT's bud, NK destroys all their rockets/nukes, good times are here again, or maybe we should wait for the proof in the pudding? #-o :lol:
you left wing kooks can wait...we'll celebrate any good news from that place

you are one very depressing negative turd.
He sure is. Something is not quite right with the boy. :wink:

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Trophies for everyone, let the Champagne flow, Pence in 2024, Putin is DT's bud, NK destroys all their rockets/nukes, good times are here again, or maybe we should wait for the proof in the pudding? #-o :lol:
you left wing kooks can wait...we'll celebrate any good news from that place

you are one very depressing negative turd.
But then I graduated from the fourth grade.

Still I'd bet anybody whose remain are still in NK, would be bothered highly if the USA made a single concession after they gave their life fighting a war, in order for their remains to be returned after nearly 70 years.

DT is politicizing a sacred obligation of civil nations.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7791
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:15 pm

The man is ill. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So sad.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by gmrocket » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Trophies for everyone, let the Champagne flow, Pence in 2024, Putin is DT's bud, NK destroys all their rockets/nukes, good times are here again, or maybe we should wait for the proof in the pudding? #-o :lol:
you left wing kooks can wait...we'll celebrate any good news from that place

you are one very depressing negative turd.
But then I graduated from the fourth grade.

Still I'd bet anybody whose remain are still in NK, would be bothered highly if the USA made a single concession after they gave their life fighting a war, in order for their remains to be returned after nearly 70 years.

DT is politicizing a sacred obligation of civil nations.
Good lord, your so full of crap .

I would have to see your 4th grade graduation credentials...I highly doubt it. Unless your from the no child left behind generation,, which makes sense now

Your grammar is pathetic to start with

SupStk
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: Box Elder, SD

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by SupStk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 pm

It offers a certain amount of closure to the families who's loved ones weren't recovered.

Jeez, I can't imagine anyone being negative about that.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by pdq67 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Way back in the mid '50's, we moved next door to a Lady named, Nye. Her husband was a Colonel in the Air Force and was shot down never to be heard of again.

I seem to remember when she received the Gov's letter and her crying! She came over to my Mom....

We shouldn't give NK shit!!

Look for the dead AFTER they turn around!!

pdq67

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: US, North Korea agree to search for remains of 5,300 soldiers

Post by j-c-c » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

SupStk wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 pm
It offers a certain amount of closure to the families who's loved ones weren't recovered.

Jeez, I can't imagine anyone being negative about that.
I get your point very clearly.

However, at what cost ( I don't mean $)?

The soldiers have already paid the greatest price, I have no way to prove my contention they would rather tell NK to pack sand rather then make a single concession. NK should do this just because its the civil thing to do.

I don't know what this "closure" would really mean to surviving relatives 70? years later.

War is horrible, nobody ever had a guarantee their remains would ever be found and/or returned.

Post Reply