NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm

I kinda hope you do start buying hardware from other countries because it'll be our 20 year-old tech. Have at it!

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am
Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.

Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
How well did a German military increase work out for you last time and who did you call to save your ass?

And after toying with the idea for decades, we finally elected a business man instead of another career politician. Trump's just going through the big expenditures in the budget that nobody has had the courage to address yet and trying to correct it. Don't make more out of it than that. Don't let a far-left media convince you that there's some nefarious, ulterior motive at play.
In our firm we have Russian colleagues. Any idea how they see their president. Right, the same way as you do. So what does that say about you ?

Even so, the shit you guys caused in the Middle East is yours, not ours. You went fighting in Irak over missiles and nuclear weapons that didn't exist. You guys went fighting in Afghanistan to take revenge for 9-11. Then you create a refugee crisis that we can solve.

What a great fucking world the US is creating these days. But that doesn't have to surprise anybody with that clown on top.

All in all, I'm not even convinced that we will fare worse with any other dictator than the type of corporate dictatorship we are seeing today.
Last edited by Belgian1979 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm
I kinda hope you do start buying hardware from other countries because it'll be our 20 year-old tech. Have at it!
I sure hope they do. It'll probably be a lot cheaper, especially when you don't need a war. I rather buy a good fleet that keeps out refugees coming from the countries you decided to bomb than to buy fighter jets to keep out some Russian which may be a bad thing but may not be. To me all these clowns are the same no matter on which goddamn side they sit.

For me the whole NATO thing can go to hell and believe me, over here I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

We've got a whole fleet of F-14 Tomcats we could sell you for cheap!

And you're blaming Trump for the world as if it was him that received the global intelligence that Sadam was indeed in possession of arms out of line with Geneva Convention bounds and refused to let UN inspectors come and see and decided to remove the regime instead of risking it. And now you're blaming Trump for Obama allowing the victory and stability we finally had to fall apart.

And now you're blaming Trump for the crisis in Syria that he had absolutely [DELETE THIS POST]-all to do with. I'm sure the bottle of water that someone chucked out of the window is Trump's fault too.

The next time you get some gum on your shoe, just know that it was a coordinated effort between Donald Trump and Putin.

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

And you're blaming Trump for the world as if it was him that received the global intelligence that Sadam was indeed in possession of arms out of line with Geneva Convention bounds and refused to let UN inspectors come and see and decided to remove the regime instead of risking it. And now you're blaming Trump for Obama allowing the victory and stability we finally had to fall apart.

And now you're blaming Trump for the crisis in Syria that he had absolutely [DELETE THIS POST]-all to do with. I'm sure the bottle of water that someone chucked out of the window is Trump's fault too.

The next time you get some gum on your shoe, just know that it was a coordinated effort between Donald Trump and Putin.
It wouldn't surprise me at all. After all the court is after him for Putins involvement in influencing the US elections isn't it ?

BTW : I'm no fan of Putin, but at least he can present himself a lot smarter than that ape.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Now just ease the throttle back on that hypocrisy train. If Donald Trump dropped our spending on their defence, you'd be back here in a New York minute talking about how Donald Trump has destabilized Europe and subjected them to take over and it's all to help Vladimir Putin.
I think NATO, even as it is, is a net positive for the US but I really don't think Europe actually needs our help and I have no real issue with telling them to handle it themselves, but calls us if there is a real emergency.

What I'm not ok with is the US trying to dictate to other countries, particularly our allies who they handle there internal affairs.

I'm also not ok with lying about the money. If we are spending money to defend Europe and pull out or Europe spends the money themselves then we should be able to stop spending that money.....but that's not the plan.

The plan is US troops still want to be in Europe anyway so it doesn't make st!t bit of difference defense wise what Europe does as long as the bases are paid for, which they are. As our belgian friend pointed out, a good chunk of increased euro spending would be to buy US equipment, so this is an arms sale were talking about and nothing to do with defense....aka a lie
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:47 pm

mk e wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Now just ease the throttle back on that hypocrisy train. If Donald Trump dropped our spending on their defence, you'd be back here in a New York minute talking about how Donald Trump has destabilized Europe and subjected them to take over and it's all to help Vladimir Putin.
I think NATO, even as it is, is a net positive for the US but I really don't think Europe actually needs our help and I have no real issue with telling them to handle it themselves, but calls us if there is a real emergency.

What I'm not ok with is the US trying to dictate to other countries, particularly our allies who they handle there internal affairs.

I'm also not ok with lying about the money. If we are spending money to defend Europe and pull out or Europe spends the money themselves then we should be able to stop spending that money.....but that's not the plan.

The plan is US troops still want to be in Europe anyway so it doesn't make st!t bit of difference defense wise what Europe does as long as the bases are paid for, which they are. As our belgian friend pointed out, a good chunk of increased euro spending would be to buy US equipment, so this is an arms sale were talking about and nothing to do with defense....aka a lie
I agree with this. It's about business and nothing more.

In the EU our governments got yelled at because they had bad government debts (although even %-wise the US total deficit is larger) and we had to do something against it. Our central banks are limited to a maximum of 2% inflation (and rightly so) which limits the amount of debt you can create (not that Americans profit from it, far from). The US however doesn't have that problem even more so because oil is traded in dollars. So you can basically inflate your way out of debt which we cannot.

So you're basically strangling us here. What it will do is it will finally drive us in the hands of your enemies and you have your president to thank for it. It's immensely dangerous.
The UK stepped out of the union even though 50% of their trade is with the EU. If they do not negotiate a soft brexit (something that ape called May names for) then they will loose economy and in the end fully depend on the US. But the UK is not the UK it was in WW2.
Germany is not Germany of WW2, France is not France of WW2 and Russia is also not the Russia it was in the 80's.

Immensely dangerous, but so be it.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am
Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
How well did a German military increase work out for you last time and who did you call to save your ass?

And after toying with the idea for decades, we finally elected a business man instead of another career politician. Trump's just going through the big expenditures in the budget that nobody has had the courage to address yet and trying to correct it. Don't make more out of it than that. Don't let a far-left media convince you that there's some nefarious, ulterior motive at play.
In our firm we have Russian colleagues. Any idea how they see their president. Right, the same way as you do. So what does that say about you ?

Even so, the shit you guys caused in the Middle East is yours, not ours. You went fighting in Irak over missiles and nuclear weapons that didn't exist. You guys went fighting in Afghanistan to take revenge for 9-11. Then you create a refugee crisis that we can solve.

What a great fucking world the US is creating these days. But that doesn't have to surprise anybody with that clown on top.

All in all, I'm not even convinced that we will fare worse with any other dictator than the type of corporate dictatorship we are seeing today.
you sure skipped over a hell of a lot of world history that has lead us to where we are. all of you european countries ignored the nazi's and look what that got you, and who had to save your asses! you may also step back and look at the decade or more that russia was in afghanistan screwing the works up. as for defense industry, why blame us, maybe your own country men can get off their asses and build their own stuff( sure is easy to blame others for your own failings). plenty of countries out there building weapons, we dont have a corner on the market. while we arent perfect, just remember how many millions of Americans have fought on your continent to keep it free, not to mention the trillions of dollars we have invested doing it. im sure you'd be happier with the third reich running your shit! if you dont like it, defend your own country, dont let the refugee's in, and then go screw yourself, because belgium hasnt done shit to help out the world!

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Well, I wasn't a fan of the EU, but right now I think we need it more than ever.

BTW : an excerpt of the Guardian in the UK about your chief apes latest mistake :
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -uk-brexit

And let's be honest, the US didn't fight in Europe for honor and glory. It was to prevent the Russians from taking over.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all. After all the court is after him for Putins involvement in influencing the US elections isn't it ?

BTW : I'm no fan of Putin, but at least he can present himself a lot smarter than that ape.
If you mean ape as in DT, too funny.

Good we get another's view from afar, this place has the intellectual diversity of a Sunday School class.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 pm

I had to only skip over a paragraph and a half before the bias got to me. Damn, try to find a real news outlet!

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:25 pm

lefty o wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm
you sure skipped over a hell of a lot of world history that has lead us to where we are. all of you european countries ignored the nazi's and look what that got you, and who had to save your asses! you may also step back and look at the decade or more that russia was in afghanistan screwing the works up. as for defense industry, why blame us, maybe your own country men can get off their asses and build their own stuff( sure is easy to blame others for your own failings). plenty of countries out there building weapons, we dont have a corner on the market. while we arent perfect, just remember how many millions of Americans have fought on your continent to keep it free, not to mention the trillions of dollars we have invested doing it. im sure you'd be happier with the third reich running your shit! if you dont like it, defend your own country, dont let the refugee's in, and then go screw yourself, because belgium hasnt done shit to help out the world!
And well said, dude. Hell with 'em! They'd all be speaking German now if it wasn't for us.

Edit: And if, God forbid, something broke out, the "ape" would be the first man to send over any and everything you need, as opposed to ohbummer spending at least a week on the couch with his Iranian-born chief advisor and waiting for the results of polls to trickle in.

Trump will have your back with stealth fighters in the air tonight if needed.

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:25 pm
lefty o wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm
And well said, dude. Hell with 'em! They'd all be speaking German now if it wasn't for us.

Edit: And if, God forbid, something broke out, the "ape" would be the first man to send over any and everything you need, as opposed to ohbummer spending at least a week on the couch with his Iranian-born chief advisor and waiting for the results of polls to trickle in.

Trump will have your back with stealth fighters in the air tonight if needed.
So after all this is still business as war is business....is that what they tell the mother of a son that got killed in action ?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 pm

What? It's called protecting your sorry asses when things in this world aren't full of rainbows and unicorns. But apparently we're the bad guys because we're not in danger of a Russian invasion but still spend ~3.5% of an enormously larger GDP than your -2% GDP when we have states that do more than your entire country.

But you're still on the board of an American forum calling the President who would extend the full resources of our military without question in the middle of the night an ape.

I bet that you're all the sudden not so opposed to us having a 20,000 troop base not two hours from helping your losing ass now, huh?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:15 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am
Trump is a fucking idiot.
Perhaps he is; but he is far, far superior to what you clowns have: Merkle, Macron etc.
If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.
Great idea, since holding hands with European snowflakes has brought us such a wonderful deal with Iran.
And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest
defense industry in the world.
Yes we are. It is an industry the entire free world depends upon. Would you rather that free nations buy their weapons systems from Russia? China? It was Europeans that wanted a deal with Iran for strictly business purposes.
This is pure bs and nothing more than business.
Partially true and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Business is what makes the world go round...
and feeds people.
Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
The import tariffs are necessary to level the economic playing field and reverse the damage done to the US by previous timid administrations. I don't blame Europe for this; it was our own fault but need not continue.

Capitalism? Do you still read Marx before bedtime? The correct term is "free enterprise" which is a strange
term over there.
Free trade? You slap massive tariffs on imported goods from the US, subsidize certain industries and then squeal
about "free trade"?
No you can't. The Germans will sell to Russia in exchange for natural gas.
Indeed it is and it's wonderful. That is why the dopey Republicans will sweep Congress (in spite of themselves) and Trump will be re-elected. Go cry in your beer.

Perhaps you should consider building a wall to keep disgrunted American Democraps from flocking to Belgium
where life is perfect.

Do your dogs still shiit on your sidewalks and in restaurants? Or haven't you noticed?
Let's assume for a moment that the EU decided to buy purely French, Russian or German military material. What would that then bring you. Absolutely nothing.
That would bring peels of laughter and happiness. Imagine the EU buying Russian arms to use against a Russian invasion.
Then you'll have something to making your goddamn shoes dirty when you come, if you can even come here, because we might just close the borders for the US entirely.
You can't close the borders to anybody. They must stay open so that Islamic immigrants seeking a base for terrorist operations can enter. How well is that clever policy working out for you?
And BTW: he demands 4% which is not even close to what the US spends on defense.
Math time. The US spends 3.92% of a much larger GDP. We spend much more than any NATO pretender.
And if you want to go step into dogshit, why not take a good look at some of your cities like New York, Detroit,... not exactly a nice picture is it.
Ah, but we agree. We have some real shiithole cities. All of them are controlled by liberal, lefty, socialist Denocraps. That is what Trump is trying to change. Since Trump can only serve two terms, perhaps he could serve as a consultant to get Europe back in shape.
Or just buy it.