NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1967
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by gmrocket » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm

So much WINNING

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8886
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 pm
Trump just tweeted he has commitments for billions more from NATO allies..

Now the USA can reduce its spending when he actually sees those dollars .

WINNING!

Which idiot said speaking out in the open about these things is embarrassing?
He was a snowflake. He goes into the fetal position when President Trump speaks. President Trump is negotiating.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 pm
Frank discussions on things like NATO spending levels should be done behind closed doors, the results of these meeting are what should be made public.
That approach has been tried and has failed. Public shaming of selfish European leaders is a practical tactic and will get results.
Trump chewing on leaders in public is an insult to out friends and allies. Plus it is not adult behavior,, it is the behavior of a bully.
These "leaders" are not really our friends at all; at best they are only fairweather friends. What is not adult behavior is an attempt to take advantage of the US by cheating on their commitments.
I am embarrassed as an American that our elected leader treats our friends and allies in this way.
You don''t sound like a real American. You seem more concerned with European "feelings" instead of American best interests. Trump said: America first, and he means it. Perhaps you should consider residence in Sweden or France.
The chief of NATO is being diplomatic about this issue, I think he should have called Trump out in public for being insulting and quoting facts that were not correct.
You read that entirely wrong. He was appreciative that Trump demanded more funding for NATO military. It was a task he was seeking but met little success. He owes Trump a big favor.
Trump needs to understand getting in peoples faces is not leadership, it is what a person with a low level IQ does.
That is pure nonsense. Study the great leaders of history.
Napolean
Bismark
Stalin
Hitler
Mao
Ghengis Kahn
Alexander
Hanibal
etc..
None were shrinking violets.

Look how well high IQ levels are doing on campus. Pathetic.
Boy that is a stellar group to be associated with.
A leader in my book is someone who convinces his followers to do what is the greater good for the group, that they may not not want to do.
The group listed above mainly got their followers to do want was for the "leaders" good, whether they wanted to do it or not.
IQ is mainly a factor in determining how well the leader picked out what was "good", it doesn't measure lying, fake charisma, deception, etc well.
Most of the bad actors above targeted campuses because they were felt to be an intellectual threat, often rightly so.

Trump has become a predictable complete fiction 3 act circus.
1 Build up the event and everyone's expectation, centered on him
2. Blow up the unity by false accusations of how dire and unfair and victimized the Us is.
3. Announce falsely with exaggerated claims how everything now is fixed exclusively by DT's brilliance .

Just a repeat of NK, and likely many more, for his gullible desperate base to have something to spout about, as a another shiny object.
It will take decades on the world stage to erase this clown's shenanigans.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by rebelrouser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:54 pm

j-c-c You are 100% right. And what Trump should remember is paybacks are a mother*****r

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6561
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by David Redszus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:33 am

rebelrouser wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:54 pm
j-c-c You are 100% right.
j-c-c You are 100% wrong. As usual. Your hatred of Trump gets in the way of your reasoning.
Trump got elected to do what he is doing. The American public does not give a damn about style points, which seem to be your greatest concern. No one, not blacks, not hispanics, not even some Democraps, want to go back to the ugly days of Obama.
And what Trump should remember is paybacks are a mother*****r
Quite correct; that is what the Democraps, and some European and Canadians are experiencing.
Too fuckkking bad, you had it coming.

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am
Location: Belgium - Koersel

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am

Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.


Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4832
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by mk e » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:40 am

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot.
That pretty much sums it it although I prefer the term racist f@@k
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4756
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.


Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
How well did a German military increase work out for you last time and who did you call to save your ass?

And after toying with the idea for decades, we finally elected a business man instead of another career politician. Trump's just going through the big expenditures in the budget that nobody has had the courage to address yet and trying to correct it. Don't make more out of it than that. Don't let a far-left media convince you that there's some nefarious, ulterior motive at play.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by engineczar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am

Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.


Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
Are you a U.S. taxpayer?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 am

"Stoltenberg, walking a fine line not to incite Trump,....."

Kinda like how DT treats Putin. #-o

What a tangled web we weave. [-X

Bunch of psychopaths, IMO :shock:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4832
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by mk e » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 am

engineczar wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am
Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.


Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
Are you a U.S. taxpayer?
He's a European tax payer who sounds uninterested in pissing away money on military spending they don't think they need.

We call tell other countries how to tax their citizens.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6561
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by David Redszus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

Trump is a fucking idiot.
Perhaps he is; but he is far, far superior to what you clowns have: Merkle, Macron etc.
If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.
Great idea, since holding hands with European snowflakes has brought us such a wonderful deal with Iran.
And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest
defense industry in the world.
Yes we are. It is an industry the entire free world depends upon. Would you rather that free nations buy their weapons systems from Russia? China? It was Europeans that wanted a deal with Iran for strictly business purposes.
This is pure bs and nothing more than business.
Partially true and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Business is what makes the world go round...
and feeds people.
Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
The import tariffs are necessary to level the economic playing field and reverse the damage done to the US by previous timid administrations. I don't blame Europe for this; it was our own fault but need not continue.

Capitalism? Do you still read Marx before bedtime? The correct term is "free enterprise" which is a strange
term over there.
Free trade? You slap massive tariffs on imported goods from the US, subsidize certain industries and then squeal
about "free trade"?
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.
No you can't. The Germans will sell to Russia in exchange for natural gas.
Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.
Indeed it is and it's wonderful. That is why the dopey Republicans will sweep Congress (in spite of themselves) and Trump will be re-elected. Go cry in your beer.

Perhaps you should consider building a wall to keep disgrunted American Democraps from flocking to Belgium
where life is perfect.

Do your dogs still shiit on your sidewalks and in restaurants? Or haven't you noticed?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4756
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

mk e wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 am

He's a European tax payer who sounds uninterested in pissing away money on military spending they don't think they need.

We call tell other countries how to tax their citizens.
Now just ease the throttle back on that hypocrisy train. If Donald Trump dropped our spending on their defence, you'd be back here in a New York minute talking about how Donald Trump has destabilized Europe and subjected them to take over and it's all to help Vladimir Putin. And let's be honest here: do you really think we need a coalition to wipe some shithole out of the desert? It's politics for NATO. I say screw it! Trump could pull out and we'd find out right quick who thinks NATO is necessary and just how much of their GDP is ok for their own defence.

Donald Trump could leave our spending where it is and you'd say he caved to EU pressure and was weak. Donald Trump could up our spending to cover their asses and you'd be back here complaining about how Trump keeps adding to our debt. It's always the same with you morons.

Oh, and so j-c-c doesn't feel neglected... :roll: =D> #-o [-X :-" =; :-D

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am
Location: Belgium - Koersel

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

engineczar wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am
Belgian1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 am
Trump is a fucking idiot. If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.

And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest defense industry in the world among which not in the least some companies out of the Trump imperium. So let's shut the f*ck up about how honest this is. This is pure bs and nothing more than business. Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.


Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.

And for the rest : opinions are like arseholes : everyone has one and ...THEY ALL STINK.
Are you a U.S. taxpayer?
I bet we pay a heck of a lot more ...if that is your point. What is your point anyway ?

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am
Location: Belgium - Koersel

Re: NATO chief: 'Very frank and open discussion' on defense spending 'has made NATO stronger'

Post by Belgian1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:15 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am
Trump is a fucking idiot.
Perhaps he is; but he is far, far superior to what you clowns have: Merkle, Macron etc.
If you go down this route, you'll soon be isolated on that side of the ocean.
Great idea, since holding hands with European snowflakes has brought us such a wonderful deal with Iran.
And lets be honest : the only reason they want more money for NATO is because you have the biggest
defense industry in the world.
Yes we are. It is an industry the entire free world depends upon. Would you rather that free nations buy their weapons systems from Russia? China? It was Europeans that wanted a deal with Iran for strictly business purposes.
This is pure bs and nothing more than business.
Partially true and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Business is what makes the world go round...
and feeds people.
Accompagny this with some import tarifs and you know where this is going. Capitalism, free trade, my *rse.
The import tariffs are necessary to level the economic playing field and reverse the damage done to the US by previous timid administrations. I don't blame Europe for this; it was our own fault but need not continue.

Capitalism? Do you still read Marx before bedtime? The correct term is "free enterprise" which is a strange
term over there.
Free trade? You slap massive tariffs on imported goods from the US, subsidize certain industries and then squeal
about "free trade"?
I hope that Germany gets into defense industry again, then maybe we can choose to buy German made jets instead of American.
No you can't. The Germans will sell to Russia in exchange for natural gas.
Sorry to see this going this route, but it is what it is.
Indeed it is and it's wonderful. That is why the dopey Republicans will sweep Congress (in spite of themselves) and Trump will be re-elected. Go cry in your beer.

Perhaps you should consider building a wall to keep disgrunted American Democraps from flocking to Belgium
where life is perfect.

Do your dogs still shiit on your sidewalks and in restaurants? Or haven't you noticed?
Let's assume for a moment that the EU decided to buy purely French, Russian or German military material. What would that then bring you. Absolutely nothing.
In fact I hope they do. But you're right, we have clowns as politicians. Maybe we should select our own Trump and then we can start throwing around the same type of shit he does. Then you'll have something to making your goddamn shoes dirty when you come, if you can even come here, because we might just close the borders for the US entirely.

And BTW: he demands 4% which is not even close to what the US spends on defense.

And if you want to go step into dogshit, why not take a good look at some of your cities like New York, Detroit,... not exactly a nice picture is it.
Last edited by Belgian1979 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply